Moderators

MONACO BODYGUARDS

I think it is fair to ask the moderators to write an explanation to why a thread has been locked down and by which moderator.

This will also be a good way to judge our moderators.

I just saw that this thread "Music videoes with Lambos" by ExoticCarDriver was locked down. I tried to read it, in order to find out why, but found no reason to why.

If it is because the moderator don't like rap music etc ? Then that is HIS problem, but no reason whatsoever to lock the thread.

And this is NOT personal, it is not MY thread.

My point is; If a member here try to contribute to the forum with a fairly decent thread, he or she should also be treated with a minimum of respect.

What do you guys think, am I right ?

I think it is fair to ask the moderators to write an explanation to why a thread has been locked down and by which moderator.

I just saw that this thread "Music videoes with Lambos" by ExoticCarDriver was locked down. I tried to read it, in order to find out why, but found no reason to why.

If it is because the moderator don't like rap music etc ? Then that is HIS problem, but no reason whatsoever to lock the thread.

My point is; If a member here try to contribute to the forum with a fairly decent thread, he or she should also be treated with a minimum of respect.

First of all, I have no problem with my threads getting locked, deleted, or my suspension.

What happens here on LPower in terms of moderation is many orders of magnitude worse than any forum that I have ever been on. Fchat, for example, I've been involved in some of the biggest brawls of all time and really added a lot of fuel to the fire myself. I was never banned for flame wars nor was I ever warned.

Here, I posted ONE video about Ricardo Montelban and Corinthian leather in reference to Abolfaz and I got a 5 day vacation. My intention was to show how I perceived Abolfaz to be; a smooth talker with a bit of suave, albeit jokingly. This, a while after Abolfaz posted a tongue in cheek thread about me, that wound up with some people referencing me in rather spectacularly not cool ways. I took the thread in stride and I knew the OP meant no harm, so I took no offense.

Anyway.

This forum is not so much an open forum, but a collection of people that conform and can be made to conform to a small number of people's mindset. It's a club that admits members over time, but only if they have the same group think as those appointed to oversee the forum, otherwise the ridicule and the ban hammer come out.

And that's fine. Chose to participate or to leave.

I'm of a mind that mods should neither be seen nor heard. Here, mods take glee in the exact opposite of that....except Ralfabco. Everyone from Mako to BMWRacer to RomanDad have gigantic egos that they inflict on the forum on a fairly regular basis. They pass out suspensions, bans and ridicule in a manner that suggests they do it for their egos and not what's best for the forum itself. Guys, the forum itself is more important than your place in life; the community is the most important aspect of a forum. Your job is to uphold the TOS and nothing more.

I come here for the random posts of awesomeness. I don't come here to network or to sell or anything. There's a lot of smart posters here, and that's the draw. Well, add in Allan's occasional drama threads.

And this forum is small enough that two mods are all it needs. Ralf and Porter. Less testosterone and more fun.

I don't know why that thread was locked or by whom, so lets find out first, before making any assumptions. In most cases, a mod clearly states the reason for closing a thread, so this incident is out of the norm and was probably done by accident, imo.

I fully agree with you about respecting the membership and their contributions to this site. :icon_thumleft:

I will re open the thread.

When I lock a thread, I usually make the last post on the thread so that you know why or who locked it. When I delete a thread I do the same, although only mods can see the deleted threads.

First of all, I have no problem with my threads getting locked, deleted, or my suspension.

What happens here on LPower in terms of moderation is many orders of magnitude worse than any forum that I have ever been on. Fchat, for example, I've been involved in some of the biggest brawls of all time and really added a lot of fuel to the fire myself. I was never banned for flame wars nor was I ever warned.

Here, I posted ONE video about Ricardo Montelban and Corinthian leather in reference to Abolfaz and I got a 5 day vacation. My intention was to show how I perceived Abolfaz to be; a smooth talker with a bit of suave, albeit jokingly. This, a while after Abolfaz posted a tongue in cheek thread about me, that wound up with some people referencing me in rather spectacularly not cool ways. I took the thread in stride and I knew the OP meant no harm, so I took no offense.

Anyway.

This forum is not so much an open forum, but a collection of people that conform and can be made to conform to a small number of people's mindset. It's a club that admits members over time, but only if they have the same group think as those appointed to oversee the forum, otherwise the ridicule and the ban hammer come out.

I'm of a mind that mods should neither be seen nor heard. Here, mods take glee in the exact opposite of that....except Ralfabco. Everyone from Mako to BMWRacer to RomanDad have gigantic egos that they inflict on the forum on a fairly regular basis. They pass out suspensions, bans and ridicule in a manner that suggests they do it for their egos and not what's best for the forum itself. Guys, the forum itself is more important than your place in life; the community is the most important aspect of a forum. Your job is to uphold the TOS and nothing more.

I come here for the random posts of awesomeness. I don't come here to network or to sell or anything. There's a lot of smart posters here, and that's the draw. Well, add in Allan's occasional drama threads.

And this forum is small enough that two mods are all it needs. Ralf and Porter. Less testosterone and more fun.

So now you want to tell us what to do to make you happy lol . Our job is to uphold the TOS and nothing more .What a joke.

Do you actually think we get paid to deal with all the bullshit that goes on here at times? And then if it isn't enough we have pains in the ass like yourself who feel they are entitled to do whatever they please.

So now you want to tell us what to do to make you happy lol . Our job is to uphold the TOS and nothing more .What a joke.

Do you actually think we get paid to deal with all the bullshit that goes on here at times? And then if it isn't enough we have pains in the ass like yourself who feel they are entitled to do whatever they please.

:iamwithstupid:

The next time I waste my time writing why I lock a thread will be the first time. This is not a democracy. :icon_thumleft:

:iamwithstupid:

The next time I waste my time writing why I lock a thread will be the first time. This is not a democracy. :icon_thumleft:

Actually Mako, you are pretty good at posting your reasons for locking threads. I also noticed that Romandad and Mr. Vroom are really good about it, not to say that other mods don't, I just noticed these particular mods are really good about it.

Being a moderator of another very different car forum, I can empathise with the mods here and I think you guys do a good job.

Things users should note:

1: forums are not democracys. They are all pretty much dictatorships as they are privately owned, so the owner's rules apply.

2. mods are not paid. They are mainly people who are professionals who are busy with their own lives and do this out of love for the site.l

3. Power hungry mods are everywhere, but actually most mods are tired of shoveling bs and eventually get tired of reasoning with idiotcracy and simply shut down stupid things before they get out of hand.

4. All private forums require conformism. It's not some new thing here, and any other forum will require the same.

I applaud the mods here.

Also I"ve been drinking so forgive the spelling and grammar. :)

I don't know why that thread was locked or by whom, so lets find out first, before making any assumptions. In most cases, a mod clearly states the reason for closing a thread, so this incident is out of the norm and was probably done by accident, imo.

I fully agree with you about respecting the membership and their contributions to this site. :icon_thumleft:

I will re open the thread.

:icon_thumleft: Like I said, this is NOT personal and NOT an attempt to attack the moderators. And as you know, it was not even my thread or a thread where I have posted. So I consider myself neutral.

My point was this;

If a member here try to contribute to the forum with a fairly decent thread, he or she should also be treated with a minimum of respect.

But now and then we need to openly discuss and even criticize, if nessecary, things on the board in order to improve the forum.

Anyway.

Huh this was not the kind of answer I was looking for. No PERSONAL attacs on the moderators nessecary. I was just starting debate in order to make a discussion. I think it is nice to have some guidelines.

You might not know this.... but SEVERAL of the moderators here I consider my friends, but that does not mean that I can not tell them when I think something is wrong. I always have my own opinions, but I am ALWAYS honest and can be trusted. They know that.

:icon_thumleft: Like I said, this is NOT personal and NOT an attempt to attack the moderators. And as you know, it was not even my thread or a thread where I have posted. So I consider myself neutral.

My point was this;

If a member here try to contribute to the forum with a fairly decent thread, he or she should also be treated with a minimum of respect.

But now and then we need to openly discuss and even criticize, if nessecary, things on the board in order to improve the forum.

No worries, constructive criticism is good. Without the membership taking the time to share knowledge/love of cars, biz, life, and naked pics of women, this forum would be a dull place! :eusa_dance:

Yep, I noticed that after I posted in the thread it got locked after that. I wondered why it was locked up so I would know not do what I did again -- but then it was unlocked after that. If the thread seems offensive to anyone, I'll stop posting in that particular thread. Being a Lambo enthusiast and owner, I just want to contribute to the board.

Guys, this is the most bullshit and idiot free forum on the internet. Frankly, since i started reading/posting on LP i ended my participation on almost every other car forum. I don't see why you complain so much Lambochop, i assume you have participated in other forums as well, and of course you did notice the huge difference in the posts and members quality between this forum and all the others.

Cheers to the mods who make this forum such a cool place!

Edit- Well... not quite idiot free, there is still one left, at least this one really likes Lambos and not kitcars.