Misfire

whiteout

My car has a misfire that occurs randomly, with no code coming up. I think from the left bank. The car is definitely down on power and feels sluggish. I wondered if anybody had an idea of what might be causing this?

Ideas:

Bad Spark Plug

Clogged Air Filter

Weak Battery

Clogged Cat

Vacuum Leak

Nick

I would start with checking the spark plug unions for water. Pull coils look for water and or rust. Swap coils from one side to the other see if the other side has misfire.

My car has a misfire that occurs randomly, with no code coming up. I think from the left bank. The car is definitely down on power and feels sluggish. I wondered if anybody had an idea of what might be causing this?

Ideas:

Bad Spark Plug

Clogged Air Filter

Weak Battery

Clogged Cat

Vacuum Leak

Nick

Hi Nick

My Murci was hunting with the occasional pop just like yours after a reply/advice from Jefflambo I did just as he has suggested for you to do

Check coil packs for water. I cleared the water and replaced the plugs and all was well. ( Jefflambo did tell me to consider replacing coil packs at the time also

Approximately 12 months later I replaced the coil packs and wow my Murci ran so much better very smooth and crisp on the throttle

In my opinion Clean, New plugs & Coils. dont stuff around you wont regret it, Let us know how you go

Kipper

• 2 months later...

Im having the same problem. But I have only driven in rain twice over the last 6 months and car has 14k on it. Could it just be plugs? If so are they easy to replace or something for a dealer?

• 4 weeks later...

my murcie is behaving exacly the same as yours in the video, and also when i push the car hard on the highway im getting check engine lamp and catalyst L on the dash, today i got beaten by a BMW M5 -05 it was going great on second gear where he was behind me and on third gear i get the engine lamp on and se how he slowly run past me, i feel the car has lost it power.

And btw i been driving the car rainy days and it has also been kept outside when its been raining.

Denso IXU27 might be the better spark plug to use.

to avoid water getting into the coilpacks, put a plastic cover over the engine before washing the car so the water doesn't drip straight to the engine. eversince i did that, i never had problems with water entering the coilpacks.

Yeah, that's a great way to prevent water getting in during washes. I make a tent out of towels and it does a good job.

I have issues of water getting into the plug holes during heavy rain.

Nick

I am not sure, that's a different plug. I bought my last two sets from Advanced Auto Parts and Amazon.com.

The guy at Advanced said to search using the last 4 digits as that's how most auto parts stores categorize NGK plugs.

Nick

I am not sure, that's a different plug. I bought my last two sets from Advanced Auto Parts and Amazon.com.

The guy at Advanced said to search using the last 4 digits as that's how most auto parts stores categorize NGK plugs.

Nick

I have odered champion spark plugs from eurospares as i couldnt get the ones you are using.

So i will try clean my coil packs and replace the sparks and hope that will help.