CNS Racing Lamborghini Kevlar clutches - Outstanding!

GallardoM5

I have the CNS Racing clutch installed on my 2004 Gallardo and it is simply outstanding. I had the OEM clutch burn in less than 5k miles and this CNS clutch had a quick 250mile break in period and it is very strong and smooth for the street. Highly recommended and I also track the car.

They also make E-gear and manual clutches for all the Lamborghini models ..check them out at http://www.cnsracing.com/LAMBORGHINI-High-...roducts_c24.htm

I think this might be the clutch I end up getting when "that time" comes.

Although I thought it wasn't a kevlar clutch, but a carbon ceramic clutch?...did they change it up recently?

I have the CNS Racing clutch installed on my 2004 Gallardo and it is simply outstanding. I had the OEM clutch burn in less than 5k miles and this CNS clutch had a quick 250mile break in period and it is very strong and smooth for the street. Highly recommended and I also track the car.

They also make E-gear and manual clutches for all the Lamborghini models ..check them out at http://www.cnsracing.com/LAMBORGHINI-High-...roducts_c24.htm

Dunno how you could burn out a stock clutch in 5k miles..

As we know the OEM clutch is the weak point of the Diablo, Murci and Gallardo. I do very heavy driving and track use. The CNS clutch is the only way to go in my opinion and it has outlasted my OEM clutch by a large factor already and I easily see doing 60k+ on this unit and probably 80k+ miles. Highly recommended!

As we know the OEM clutch is the weak point of the Diablo, Murci and Gallardo. I do very heavy driving and track use. The CNS clutch is the only way to go in my opinion and it has outlasted my OEM clutch by a large factor already and I easily see doing 60k+ on this unit and probably 80k+ miles. Highly recommended!

How many miles do you have on the new clutch so far??

I think this might be the clutch I end up getting when "that time" comes.

Although I thought it wasn't a kevlar clutch, but a carbon ceramic clutch?...did they change it up recently?

They use some unique Kevlar design for E-gear and 6 speed manual compatibility.

• 2 weeks later...
They use some unique Kevlar design for E-gear and 6 speed manual compatibility.

If the car is an e-gear would the snapshot's still read correctly? I hear they are only setup for oem clutches and damn. Also, the clutch is 5k+ itself plus labor.

If the car is an e-gear would the snapshot's still read correctly? I hear they are only setup for oem clutches and damn. Also, the clutch is 5k+ itself plus labor.

What CNS told me was the snapshot would read correctly on their Kevlar just like the organic OEM.

It's always good to have feedback for alternatives on the market, but the OEM clutch isn't that bad is it? Sounds like GTT's on stock clutches have lasted longer than that.

It's always good to have feedback for alternatives on the market, but the OEM clutch isn't that bad is it? Sounds like GTT's on stock clutches have lasted longer than that.

From talking to other G owners the OEM Gallardo clutches last anywhere from 8k-20k miles on average.

So your clutch lasted 5k miles that you drove or a total of 5k? I know your car had about 12k on it when you bought it. The seller told me it had a brand new clutch when he was selling and I was skeptical of that. If you put 5k on it and it went out (and yours is a 6 speed manual), I suspect the seller was not giving me proper info.

5,000 is rediculously low for a Gallardo.

It's fine to quote the well known history for the Diablo/Murcie clutches, but the Gallardo has never been shown to have preamturely wearing clutches in all the years this board has been in existence.

I've known owners locally here in Orange County who can't drive a stick properly for shit, slipping the hell out of it at every light, who STILL got 10,000+ from their originals. And even the sloppy e-gear system (which slips the living hell out of the clutch unless it's run in Corsa mode 100%) get similarly high numbers.

Something had to be up with yours, possibly for the reason Don mentioned above.

5,000 is rediculously low for a Gallardo.

It's fine to quote the well known history for the Diablo/Murcie clutches, but the Gallardo has never been shown to have preamturely wearing clutches in all the years this board has been in existence.

I've known owners locally here in Orange County who can't drive a stick properly for shit, slipping the hell out of it at every light, who STILL got 10,000+ from their originals. And even the sloppy e-gear system (which slips the living hell out of the clutch unless it's run in Corsa mode 100%) get similarly high numbers.

Something had to be up with yours, possibly for the reason Don mentioned above.

Some of the the 04 Gallardo clutches didn't even last 5k.Some even under 5k and when I it was under 5K ,lamborghini would cover it under warranty if you went to the right dealer.My original lasted only 8k but my kevlar has around 20k and I still have about 60% left.Another friend of mine got only 4-5k from his stock and LOC was able to get Lamborghini to cover it under warranty.

Remember my Black '04 when we first met ? Had 600 miles on it when I got it. Clutch was gone somewhere around 2k miles but it was an e-gear car. I know when they put the new clutch in it they had upgraded it a couple times already from the original. Never had an issue after that and they covered it all under warranty. Can't remember what it had on it when I sold it.

Some of the the 04 Gallardo clutches didn't even last 5k.Some even under 5k and when I it was under 5K ,lamborghini would cover it under warranty if you went to the right dealer.My original lasted only 8k but my kevlar has around 20k and I still have about 60% left.Another friend of mine got only 4-5k from his stock and LOC was able to get Lamborghini to cover it under warranty.

Sounds about right. If your clutch goes out the CNS Kevlar is bullet proof and I don't see a need to change it for the life of the car. Again highly recommended!