Braile Battery is the same as a Deka Battery

Lambofan35

I've done write ups in the past and I'm not sure if I ever did a write up about my Braile Battery install into the Gallardo which saved about 28-29lbs over the OEM battery.

My buddy and I made some aluminium brackets, hooked up some battery tender cables and fitted a 21lb Braile Battery which they originally told me face to face it was made for at the most a V8 racecar. Well 2 years later in my heavily modded Gallardo, it has lived it's life and decided to slowly not charge as well.

I think maybe 1 cell in the battery just died as it was fine after driving hard and being on a charger but it struggled to start the car after turning it off and sitting for a little while.

So I go online and heard Deka who is in the USA makes Braile Batteries, I just need a direct replacement battery.

Turns out the Deka is EXACTLY the same!

The new battery turns the car better than the old Braile battery and was crazy cheap.

Warning: If you don't drive the car for 1 week, you will need to keep it on a charger. I expect this battery to last 2 years or so for me in FL.

Braile B3121 is the same as a DEKA ETX30L

Weight savings: 28-29lbs over OEM

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0201.JPG

IMG_8028.JPG

Very nice! Little known fact DEKA makes batteries for a few other retailers, Napa I know for sure. You normally have to get the real deka through a battery store dealer but the are about the best batteries you can buy. I put a pair in my diesel pickup when the POS yellow optimas shit the bed and they have been awesome.

Also the batteries most every fleet department, law enforcement, and emergency services use. You can't beat them.

Yeah Deka is the OEM battery in the Murci... Like you said.. great price great power. I just put a new one in my car.. although its the regular heavy son bitch they have great CCA's

The picture you see above is in my Gallardo. We made some custom mounts with aluminium and a handful of screws. You could literally use 100 different ways to mount it but I just wanted to save weight.

• 1 month later...