F430 test by Quattroruote

Rusty

saw this before, these numbers are REALLY good, almost unbelievable...0-100 in 8.1? thats about the same as the 500 lbs-lighter and 40 extra HP F50...

Wasn't that only .1 difference from 0 to 60 compared to the Enzo???? Why is Ferrari making a car so close to the Enzo's when they KNOW many look at 0-60 ONLY????

charles, its just good traction, a 911 Carrera S will do it in 3.9 on rare ocasion, doesnt make it too close to the carrera GT imo...

430 is very fast.

I have no doubts that its a performer, but i just dont see whre it comes from you know? 4.3 is only a few tenths of a liter bigger than a 360 so where the hell is the 10 MPH trap increase from! Also, as I said, the one that shocks me is it seems to go step for step with an F50, but i just cant see how, is ferrari actually underratting the power on this one?

I'd love to see those numbers reproduced in a car that is ordered from normal production...

<-stupid

something seems fishy about these numbers. the only people that were able to put out numbers like this are ferrari on their downhill track. I know the 430 is fast but no way it is faster than an f50. just like how autocar's 1/4mile on the G (11.7 sec) seemed off, so does this.

Against a car like an F40 or F50 the F430 will lose out anywhere beyond 100mph, but up until there the F430 probably stands a chance because of traction. The F40 could blast the tires up to 100mph before hooking up and the F50 while more linear didn't have new rubber or launch control like the F430.

I'm betting the 60-100mph, and if not then certainly 80-120mph times are much better for the earlier supercars. EVen when they had good 0-60s times traction wasn't guaranteed into 2nd or 3rd gear. With the F430 it essentially is.

Yes, it's all too easy to get 0-60 times that match from cars all over the spectrum...

If it were possible to have zero loss of traction on an 8500 rpm clutch dump on a Ferrari 360, I'd willing to be it would run 0-60 in the low 3s...of course this is impossible, but it illustrates the differences between cars 0-60.

The 993 turbo had 0-60 times of 3.7 seconds, whereas the Viper GTS of the time had around 4.0 seconds. When they did a 0-150 mph race, the Viper won significantly. Surprise anyone?

Try matching 0-150 mph, or roll on tests, and you'll see who's who.

goliath, the 993 just had PERFECT traction; it gotta all 4 wheels to spin for like the first 50 ft, it was gorgeous, i saw a vid once.