C6 Z vs 03' Cobra *Video*

bgshow

First off, the Cobra has a huge weight disadvantage. So, the outcome wasn't much of a surprise.

In the first race, the Cobra got a terrible launch. Yet, it appears in gears 3-4 that the Cobra is actually gaining on the POS, right?

In the second race, the dumbass in the POS cuts into the Cobra's lane for some unknown reason. A few years back I watched a race where a ricer jumped out on a Camaro SS and then cut into the Camaro's lane for some unknown reason and started to brake, unfortunately the Camaro's brakes weren't very good, or the white brake lights on the ricer didn't alert the Camaro that it was braking, and the Camaro went straight up the ricer's ass.

-James Miller

also, i have no idea why the Z would pull away like THAT....if the cobra is modded well at all, shouldnt it be putting down 450 RWHP? might still lose, but like that? :vom:

Just so you guys know, Motor Trend dyno tested the Plastic mess-06, Ford GT and Viper SRT10 Coupe as part of its December 2005 cover story. The Plastic mess-06 put down 453 whp to the Ford GT's 535 whp and 447 whp for the Viper. Factor in lighter weight and superior gearing, IIRC, and it's not hard to figure out why the Plastic mess-06 layed waste to that Cobra.

also, i have no idea why the Z would pull away like THAT....if the cobra is modded well at all, shouldnt it be putting down 450 RWHP? might still lose, but like that? :vom:

Factor in the gearing, aerodynamics, and about a 700hp weight advantage for the POS, and you can see why the outcome was how it was.

Just so you guys know, Motor Trend dyno tested the POS, Ford GT and Viper SRT10 Coupe as part of its December 2005 cover story.  The POS put down 453 whp to the Ford GT's 535 whp and 447 whp for the Viper.  Factor in lighter weight and superior gearing, IIRC, and it's not hard to figure out why the POS layed waste to that Cobra.

So according to those numbers the GT made well over 600 crank HP. That's pretty sick.

Yeah, ever since the Ford Mustang Cobra power deficit fiasco, Ford has been underrating the power on some its vehicles, like the GT and the Lightning. The first giveaway was the ETs and trap speeds some mags were getting when they first tested the GT, that and it's not the lightest of vehicles at 3400 lbs. Also makes the vehicle's performance seem more impressive when it performs as well, if not better, than others with, ostensibly, more power.

In the second race, the dumbass in the POS cuts into the Cobra's lane for some unknown reason. A few years back I watched a race where a ricer jumped out on a Camaro SS and then cut into the Camaro's lane for some unknown reason and started to brake, unfortunately the Camaro's brakes weren't very good, or the white brake lights on the ricer didn't alert the Camaro that it was braking, and the Camaro went straight up the ricer's ass.

-James Miller

You call that cutting off? Shiet remind me not to lane change infront of you. The Z looked to be atleast 300 ft infront of the Cobra, and who knows, their could have been a car further up the road in the right lane. But ya nice ricer kill story :lol:

-James Miller

You call that cutting off? Shiet remind me not to lane change infront of you. The Z looked to be atleast 300 ft infront of the Cobra, and who knows, their could have been a car further up the road in the right lane. But ya nice ricer kill story :lol:

That's pretty funny, and actually very true. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doesn't surprise me. Hell, Robi walked a tuned Cobra in Gotham's G car

Yes he did, but it wasn't anywhere near the way this one got walked.

440rwhp in an 03 cobra isnt a whole lot. Hell, the OLD z-06 would give up nearly 100rwhp to an 03 cobra, and still make a fight of it. Those cars are really heavy, and downright obnoxious to drive (at least I think so). Heavy clutch, horrible seating, shifter a mile away from you......ugh.