6-Speed or e-gear? (for MY 2006)

andreas_mue

This tread may grow to a record length! Anyway having driven 3 diablos and switching to a Gallardo with e-gear I have to say you get spoiled with e-gear. The up and down shiftiing, particulary the down shifting, would leave you with a sore left leg after a few hours driving in even moderate traffic if you were to do the same thing with a manual. I would say all but the best drivers would have a hard time reproducing the effect with a manual. The only place the e-gear fails is driving slowly up a hill say to park or stop on the top of it. The clutch/gears really sound bad. You can easly look like a beginner driver!

There is a reason (or reasons) why ALL F 1 cars switch to paddle shift. It's like "if" all stereo critics switch to listen to CDs, wouldn't you wonder why? Didn't they?? :finga: If one day you decide to track your G, you will totally punch your own mouth if the other guy with the e-gear beat your time! or worse, the F430 F1 beat you!

There is a reason (or reasons) why ALL F 1 cars switch to paddle shift. It's like "if" all stereo critics switch to listen to CDs, wouldn't you wonder why? Didn't they?? :finga: If one day you decide to track your G, you will totally punch your own mouth if the other guy with the e-gear beat your time! or worse, the F430 F1 beat you!

E-gear is slightly faster than manual for the main reason that you cannot shift as fast as the automatic transmission and it also reduces driver error.

I have had both e-gear and 6 speed on track and the difference is minimal and the bottom line is it is a matter of personal preference and we'll leave it at that.

And as far as cd's and vinyl are concerned,you have no clue so i would strongly advise you to leave it alone

I too was thinking 6-speed for the next car as I feel that it gets you more connected with the car as it did in my M5 that I used to have, then I got he new E55 and the manumatic tranny just didn't do it for me, but I have heard the new e-gear is fantastic and even my '04 with updates is great to drive and I have not had any issues. It will be a tough decision but seeing that I flip cars so often nowadays I'll probably stick with the e-gear as it is the preffered choice as mentioned above.

My bad on the Vinyl issue. I am a person with post-grad education. I do not argue by impulse, but only look for the facts. If you can post a link on a non-bias scientific research from a university (not just any expert's pesonal opinion) on how Vinyl sound better then CD ( except on the reproduction of noise). I am sure we will all be delighted to learn some thing from you. :idea:

My bad on the Vinyl issue. I am a person with post-grad education. I do not argue by impulse, but only look for the facts. If you can post a link on a non-bias scientific research from a university (not just any expert's pesonal opinion) on how Vinyl sound better then CD ( except on the reproduction of noise). I am sure we will all be delighted to learn some thing from you.  :idea:

I don't really want to hijack this thread but I honestly think you should seriously take BMWRACER's advice. (1) you're not the only person with a post-grad ed. here. (2) your experience with vinyl must have been based on those that came from empty-nester's garage sales (even those may have treasures sometimes). Or your audio hardware must have been Radio Shack's Realistic receiver with an integrated turntable made 25 years ago. (3) from your other post, most, if not all, reputable audio mags (underground & mainstream) have dedicated vinyl review sections (on both hardware & software) which proofs not ALL audio critics had switched to CD's. In fact, the trend is reversing, do a search on the CES exhibits for the last few years. (4) one judges fine audio via one's ears, not via one's eyes. Wouldn't you rather "listen" to the real thing and experience the difference than "read" about it on a research paper? (5) you need scientific data? For a start, the sampling frenquency of 44.1kHz at 16bit word on CD players are lame to begin with. Or else, why do we need 24bit/196kHz upsampling upgrades today? Check out the white papers on XRCD or SACD, DVD-A or whatever the latest format (HD-DVD & Blu-Ray DVD included), why is it that every "new" format keeps emphasizing that they are superior to CD's because they sound closer to LP (vinyl)? (6) go to any reputable hi-fi store and ask for a demo on a turntable AND a CD player using the SAME music (i.e. play the same music using both formats, CD & LP; a lot of new music are available on vinyls too, surprise!), trust your ears instead of your bias and you might be startled by what you hear from vinyl. Or better yet, try to hear what you CAN'T hear from vinyl --- i.e. your so-called noise.

The point is moot comparing CD vs. LP to 6-speed vs. e-gear. It is simply a bad comparison; especially when one lacks full knowledge or experience on at least one of the subjects.

That looks like a heaping serving of ownage if you ask me! lol I actually prefer the sound of CD's, but I'm no audiophile. All boils down to opinion.

That looks like a heaping serving of ownage if you ask me!  lol  I actually prefer the sound of CD's, but I'm no audiophile.  All boils down to opinion.

Re-read the last sentence of my last post above and do the same on BMWRACER's.

On the Gallardo yes on the murci roadster no on murci coupe I am pretty sure yes

PS CD are inferior to records with the right equipment and ears :)

The analogy is the same for CD's as it is for digital pitcures. What is the resolution of a good 35mm camera compared to a good digital camera (trick question but should emphasize the point)

///MK

That looks like a heaping serving of ownage if you ask me!  lol  I actually prefer the sound of CD's, but I'm no audiophile.  All boils down to opinion.

I caught it. That was my point. ;)

I caught it. That was my point. ;)

Ok...cool... ;) ;) But it really isn't an opinion because it is audible and you really don't need to be an audiophile to tell the difference. I think Ciao Baby summed it up quite well & good analogy on film vs. digital cameras.

My bad on the Vinyl issue. I am a person with post-grad education. I do not argue by impulse, but only look for the facts. If you can post a link on a non-bias scientific research from a university (not just any expert's pesonal opinion) on how Vinyl sound better then CD ( except on the reproduction of noise). I am sure we will all be delighted to learn some thing from you.  :idea:

I don't really want to hijack this thread but I honestly think you should seriously take BMWRACER's advice. (1) you're not the only person with a post-grad ed. here. (2) your experience with vinyl must have been based on those that came from empty-nester's garage sales (even those may have treasures sometimes). Or your audio hardware must have been Radio Shack's Realistic receiver with an integrated turntable made 25 years ago. (3) from your other post, most, if not all, reputable audio mags (underground & mainstream) have dedicated vinyl review sections (on both hardware & software) which proofs not ALL audio critics had switched to CD's. In fact, the trend is reversing, do a search on the CES exhibits for the last few years. (4) one judges fine audio via one's ears, not via one's eyes. Wouldn't you rather "listen" to the real thing and experience the difference than "read" about it on a research paper? (5) you need scientific data? For a start, the sampling frenquency of 44.1kHz at 16bit word on CD players are lame to begin with. Or else, why do we need 24bit/196kHz upsampling upgrades today? Check out the white papers on XRCD or SACD, DVD-A or whatever the latest format (HD-DVD & Blu-Ray DVD included), why is it that every "new" format keeps emphasizing that they are superior to CD's because they sound closer to LP (vinyl)? (6) go to any reputable hi-fi store and ask for a demo on a turntable AND a CD player using the SAME music (i.e. play the same music using both formats, CD & LP; a lot of new music are available on vinyls too, surprise!), trust your ears instead of your bias and you might be startled by what you hear from vinyl. Or better yet, try to hear what you CAN'T hear from vinyl --- i.e. your so-called noise.

The point is moot comparing CD vs. LP to 6-speed vs. e-gear. It is simply a bad comparison; especially when one lacks full knowledge or experience on at least one of the subjects.

Like I said, I don't argue, I am only interest in proven facts. We all knew that it take a ten thousand dollar record player to beat the quality of a $50 CD player to certain people's ears. I am not saying you are wrong. I am not even sure which is better. As many people know, one of the purpose of higher education ( at least my education) is to train a person on objective thinking and knowledge processing. But if your way to proof your opinion is to be agressive and angry, then you won. There is no point to argue. Let's drop this subject.

Thank you for your enlightenment! :lol:

I'm glad they that they have invented the CD/DVD though, "Who's Next" vinyl would have turned to "When's the next scratch" with me :|

I wish I can find a new, original, Who's Next vinyl :prayer:

Like I said, I don't argue, I am only interest in proven facts. We all knew that it take a ten thousand dollar record player to beat the quality of a $50 CD player to certain people's ears. I am not saying you are wrong. I am not even sure which is better. As many people know, one of the purpose of higher education ( at least my education) is to train a person on objective thinking and knowledge processing. But if your way to proof your opinion is to be agressive and angry, then you won. There is no point to argue. Let's drop this subject.

It is I who should thank you for your enlightenment! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So who's arguing? In fact, I find it extremely amusing on how you keep emphasizing your higher education yields to your so-called objective thinking. Your "objectivity" yielded an incorrect theory of CD having superior sound than vinyl. BMWRACER & I merely corrected you on the matter (and he originally suggested you to leave it alone as you have no clue to which you now admit by stating that you are "not even sure which is better"); and you came back wearing your post-grad-education hat challenging for facts which I have casually provided with no aggression and/or anger involved. You wanted proof, here they are with specification and data per your request. No arguement intended and no victory involved whatsoever. And now you came back asking to drop the subject only to restart by claiming it takes a $10K turntable to match the sound of a $50 CD player which, by the way, is anything but the truth or else why are turntables (at any price) be readily available still?

Don't use your "post-grad education" to shield your bias. That's all. Anyone here is equally entitled to voice one's opinion on whatever the subject. Academic achievements (and there are an abundance of us here with them) are not the tools here to support your point of view. Otherwise, perhaps you may wish to go back to school or at least do a peer review to re-align your so-called objective thinking.

Thank you for the objective exploration (and the entertainment thereof) on your perspective of an issue. ;)

Andreas, regrettable that your thread had been hijacked to somehwere into the constellation. If you have the opportunity, drive both the 6-speed and e-gear. It really is a perosonal preference based on your driving habits. Both have their pros & cons.

It is I who should thank you for your enlightenment! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So who's arguing? In fact, I find it extremely amusing on how you keep emphasizing your higher education yields to your so-called objective thinking. Your "objectivity" yielded an incorrect theory of CD having superior sound than vinyl. BMWRACER & I merely corrected you on the matter (and he originally suggested you to leave it alone as you have no clue to which you now admit by stating that you are "not even sure which is better"); and you came back wearing your post-grad-education hat challenging for facts which I have casually provided with no aggression and/or anger involved. You wanted proof, here they are with specification and data per your request. No arguement intended and no victory involved whatsoever. And now you came back asking to drop the subject only to restart by claiming it takes a $10K turntable to match the sound of a $50 CD player which, by the way, is anything but the truth or else why are turntables (at any price) be readily available still?

Don't use your "post-grad education" to shield your bias. That's all. Anyone here is equally entitled to voice one's opinion on whatever the subject. Academic achievements (and there are an abundance of us here with them) are not the tools here to support your point of view. Otherwise, perhaps you may wish to go back to school or at least do a peer review to re-align your so-called objective thinking.

Thank you for the objective exploration (and the entertainment thereof) on your perspective of an issue. ;)

Andreas, regrettable that your thread had been hijacked to somehwere into the constellation. If you have the opportunity, drive both the 6-speed and e-gear. It really is a perosonal preference based on your driving habits. Both have their pros & cons.

Rtingdds

Or should i call you JACKASS?

Post grad education heh? Who cares?

You think you are the only here with a degree?We just don't brag about it or bring it up.

AND if that is the case,what part of the facts you were given don't you understand? It really is too bad you don't have any common sense.

You can have all the brains in the world but when you lack common sense you are just as dumb as a retard.

You are out of your league regarding this matter and you still wish to argue.

I strongly suggest to you to stop making a fool out of yourself,read and learn and stop posting bullshit.

Andreas

My apologies for the highjacking of the thread.I had to deal with a POST GRAD JACKASS who thinks he is part of superior race

I said you won already. Calm down!! I thought I could intiate an intelligent debate, when I brought up the subject. I don't know what kind of issues you both have with your past experience with education or CD debate with other people. It is not right to continue to vent your anger on me and all the other forum readers' eyes with your kind words.

Let's drop it.

I said you won already. Calm down!! I thought I could intiate an intelligent debate, when I brought up the subject. I don't know what kind of issues you both have with your past experience with education or CD debate with other people. It is not right to continue to vent your anger on me and all the other forum readers' eyes with your kind words.  

Let's drop it.

You want an intelligent debate,make intelligent educated comments and don't talk nonsense.An intelligent man knows when to keep his mouth shut .

Next time i won't be so kind :mrgreen:

Let's drop it.

Man you certainly have a serious inferior complex, do you? Here you are starting to rant on something that you know absolutely nothing about (including both the CD vs. vinyl and the paddle shifting for F1 issues). And when you are corrected, you belittled everyone by using your big-deal post-grad education as your defence (which BMWRACER had pointed out that your qualifications aren't exclusive; just that nobody brags about it). Then you asked to drop it only to re-initiate with further insults and kept talking in a manner thinking that you are a higher species looking down on others. There is a clear distinction between having post-grad education and having intelligence. And giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a poser, you obviously and substantially lack the latter. Clearly, there is no point on being polite anymore...

So, rtingdds, what is your problem you arrogant fool? Looking at your user name and assuming again that you are not a poser, you are, at the very best, a dental surgeon...big deal!!! (Unlike you, I am open-minded so I'll generously presume that you qualify as a surgeon instead of, with due respect to everyone, a regular dentist.) You have no idea on how minor you are in the L/P community, education or career-wise. Let me guess: you are the type who (a) either sweated on the books for years and finally got your degree, or (B) you breezed through college with ease and got your degree. Either way, you now view your degree and your pathetic self as sacred and you are now larger than life and everyone else, whom you erroneously assumed has lesser qualifications, deserves to be lectured & looked down by you. Well, Mr. DDS, so far your intelligence, or should I call it properly, your complex only reflects on how much of an one-sided idiot you are. If you wanted it dropped, do yourself a favour by shutting up instead of keep posting self-ego-boasting crap!

And a point of advice, I seriously caution you not to mess with BMWRACER. I don't care how large you see yourself, challenge him and you are done for; your neither want him nor his "sons" to be on your case. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And BTW, Mr. higher-educated :lol: :lol: :lol: who joined only a few days ago and posted only on this thread, have a look around the forum and get a sense of who is who doing what before making smart-ass comments. Heck, the almighty with a post-grad ed., you, of all people, should know better that one must do research prior to theorize on anything. Further proof that your so-called education went way over your head and ended up in your ego instead. The debate you initiated had been answered with intelligence --- something that you are so blatantly deprived of. But you are not empty because you are so full of it! To reiterate, if you want to drop it, easily done --- simply end your egotrip and keep your trap shut!!!

Let's drop it.

Man you certainly have a serious inferior complex, do you? Here you are starting to rant on something that you know absolutely nothing about (including both the CD vs. vinyl and the paddle shifting for F1 issues). And when you are corrected, you belittled everyone by using your big-deal post-grad education as your defence (which BMWRACER had pointed out that your qualifications aren't exclusive; just that nobody brags about it). Then you asked to drop it only to re-initiate with further insults and kept talking in a manner thinking that you are a higher species looking down on others. There is a clear distinction between having post-grad education and having intelligence. And giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are not a poser, you obviously and substantially lack the latter. Clearly, there is no point on being polite anymore...

So, rtingdds, what is your problem you arrogant fool? Looking at your user name and assuming again that you are not a poser, you are, at the very best, a dental surgeon...big deal!!! (Unlike you, I am open-minded so I'll generously presume that you qualify as a surgeon instead of, with due respect to everyone, a regular dentist.) You have no idea on how minor you are in the L/P community, education or career-wise. Let me guess: you are the type who (a) either sweated on the books for years and finally got your degree, or (B) you breezed through college with ease and got your degree. Either way, you now view your degree and your pathetic self as sacred and you are now larger than life and everyone else, whom you erroneously assumed has lesser qualifications, deserves to be lectured & looked down by you. Well, Mr. DDS, so far your intelligence, or should I call it properly, your complex only reflects on how much of an one-sided idiot you are. If you wanted it dropped, do yourself a favour by shutting up instead of keep posting self-ego-boasting crap!

And a point of advice, I seriously caution you not to mess with BMWRACER. I don't care how large you see yourself, challenge him and you are done for; your neither want him nor his "sons" to be on your case. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And BTW, Mr. higher-educated :lol: :lol: :lol: who joined only a few days ago and posted only on this thread, have a look around the forum and get a sense of who is who doing what before making smart-ass comments. Heck, the almighty with a post-grad ed., you, of all people, should know better that one must do research prior to theorize on anything. Further proof that your so-called education went way over your head and ended up in your ego instead. The debate you initiated had been answered with intelligence --- something that you are so blatantly deprived of. But you are not empty because you are so full of it! To reiterate, if you want to drop it, easily done --- simply end your egotrip and keep your trap shut!!!

2006 Gallardo----$200000

2006 Murcielago-----$300000

Go back to finish high school so you can stop making a fool of yourself in a pubilc forum----priceless!

Remember kids, money can't buy class!! Here is a good example! Stay in School!!!

2006 Gallardo----$200000

2006 Murcielago-----$300000

Go back to finish high school so you can stop making a fool of yourself in a pubilc forum----priceless!

Remember kids, money can't buy class!! Here is a good example! Stay in School!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And you call yourself higher-educated? You can't even think of a better excuse or escape other than keep using school & education as your one & only defence! What a pathetic amoeba! You must be looking at your sorrow self in the mirror or writing a note-to-self when you made the above comment.

Remember also kids, think and act like rtingdds and the only "class" you will ever have is those you get from school. Nothing wrong with attending classes in school for academics advancement (which a lot us here, myself included, had done and that's why we drive Lambo. Diligent work also helps too.) Most importantly, being so-called higher educated does not automatically render you as being intelligent (as rtingdds is stupidly demonstrating). As for Mr. DDS, can't help it if you are so shallow that I see right through you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Instead of trying to get the last word, go ogle your diploma and get off by admiring yourself. For something who joined only such a short time and keeps BS-ing on this only thread, you are telling people how not to be make a fool out of yourself?!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I love to know where you graduated (i.e. if you had ever done so). Either it has one twisted curriculum or you must be the saddest jerk and the biggest loser on campus! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a waste of effort VCR. I think Andreas knows now anyway