MKIV Supra @ Texas Mile: 201 mph, new street car record!

OC

Just a little story to be added here, as I thought some of you might be interested. Autobanh Motorsports recently went for the street car record at the Texas Mile. They hit 201 mph on base boost and by cruising the first half mile because of wheelspin. Tommy Banh, owner and driver, only punched it in fourth and fifth, for the last half mile. He says the car has 220 mph in it easily.

Here is the vid:

The car makes 1128 rwhp on full kill, but I guess around 950 rwhp at base boost (30 psi). :)

-Olivier

1128 RWHP is pretty close to 1400hp. I believe its somewhere close to 1338 with a 15% drivetrain loss. But yes there is always a car that is faster. Are you talking about the blitz car? If so thats a trailor queen.

Definately a fast car, but Hennessey already hit 210 mph in the mile almost a year ago. It was a street car. If I'm not mistaken, it was damaged when it made the run as well. A rock was sucked into the engine bay and damaged one of the turbos. What are the odds??? lol

It certainly was not at the Texas mile classic though. Anyhow, Tommy as running BASE boost and floored it only for half-mile because he was scared of not having enough braking space at the end. :)

In October, he'll go on full tilt mode and use the parachute to slow him down.

-Olivier

Awesome car! The next Hennessey running at the Texas Mile is a 1400 RWHP Competition Coupe weighing in at less than 3000 pounds... Sounds like things are going to get interesting!! :) Is there a video of that Supra making a run? I'd like to see it. I have plenty of respect for those six bangers :)

I didnt think much of this till I saw the video, the guy literally part throttled it all the way into fourth gear and then got on it. That car has so much more in it, its not even funny. An easy 30mph IMO.

I wish they would have turned down that stupid music. I would rather listen to a car than some music. Note to anyone that does video editing here turn the music down.

But other than that it was a nice video.

Awesome car! The next Hennessey running at the Texas Mile is a 1400 RWHP Competition Coupe weighing in at less than 3000 pounds... Sounds like things are going to get interesting!! :) Is there a video of that Supra making a run? I'd like to see it. I have plenty of respect for those six bangers :)

The link in my post is the vid. Take a look at it, it's nice.

The video guy told me the sound, from outside the car, is all wind noise. They had a 25 mph headwind, so that's all you hear on the microphone. I agree that he could have turned the sound down a little bit though. :)

-Olivier

Duuuh, stupid me looked right over the link! Nice run. I love seeing quick cars that still retain a full interior. The turbo he has under the hood seems as if it wouldn't be out of place on the tail of a jet! lol

Just a little story to be added here, as I thought some of you might be interested. Autobanh Motorsports recently went for the street car record at the Texas Mile. They hit 201 mph on base boost and by cruising the first half mile because of wheelspin. Tommy Banh, owner and driver, only punched it in fourth and fifth, for the last half mile. He says the car has 220 mph in it easily.

Here is the vid:

The car makes 1128 rwhp on full kill, but I guess around 950 rwhp at base boost (30 psi). :)

-Olivier

Nice run, but not a record. Here's a street viper doing 219 with the boost set low. I believe this car is 1,700 hp. 2nd isn't that bad.

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

He is sporting a 80 mm turbo.

It is a record, at the Texas Mile at least. Maxton is in North Carolina, which is a different competition.

They will be able, in October, to destroy that 219 quite easily when they decide to put the boost in full-kill mode and stop messing around with 1/2 mile pulls! ;)

-Olivier