Z-06 vs Ford GT

POS_7.0L

honestly, I think that they are sorta taking away from this car by making a "blue deviil" or at least should make it super limited...

not sure what that adds, but it is something i guess....

For what its worth, Lou Giglotti (races in SPEED WC GT) is getting 620+whp from a big cam, exhausts, and filter and drives the car everyday. Not saying this car is at that level but it does not tak much to up the bar. Pretty amazing.

The weight makes all the difference.

-Olivier

not sure what that adds, but it is something i guess....

For what its worth, Lou Giglotti (races in SPEED WC GT) is getting 620+whp from a big cam, exhausts, and filter and drives the car everyday. Not saying this car is at that level but it does not tak much to up the bar. Pretty amazing.

yep, ive seen that but again, that is insane power and maybe the cam is a big part, i really dont know, but its hard to believe...thats 100 hp/ltr from a car that in the 1980s from 5.7 ltrs was pushing 205 hp @ one point!

but its hard to believe...thats 100 hp/ltr from a car that in the 1980s from 5.7 ltrs was pushing 205 hp @ one point!

what in the 80's besides the CT, F40 and Buick T-type didn't make 200 hp? :lol:

the '69 427 ZL1 POS with unrestricted exhaust was rumored to be in the ~600-650 range (crank) and did low 11's, possibly even high 10's. That was with tires from '69!

It is sad that the POS put such a hurting on the GT. Time for Robi to put on a pulley exhaust and a tune. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

but its hard to believe...thats 100 hp/ltr from a car that in the 1980s from 5.7 ltrs was pushing 205 hp @ one point!

what in the 80's besides the CT, F40 and Buick T-type didn't make 200 hp? :lol:

the '69 427 ZL1 POS with unrestricted exhaust was rumored to be in the ~600-650 range (crank) and did low 11's, possibly even high 10's. That was with tires from '69!

930 turbo! but seirously thats true, but i think those vettes (C4) at one point did 0-60 in like 7 seconds lol. regarding the 69 POS...WOW.

Tuned car vs. stock car is just pointless. There are so many videos on the Internet of stock cars vs. tuned cars, and I just don't get it. "Wow, the Plastic mess-06 is faster than the GT!" Uhhhhh...not exactly.

If you want a fair comparison, go find a stock Plastic mess-06 to put up against the stock GT. I have a stock GT and raced a stock Plastic mess-06 from a roll, and the result was not the same as that video, that's for sure. :butthead:

My GT is getting mods right now. So, maybe after it's done, I'll go find a stock Plastic mess-06 and race it, and then post the video on the internet. :roll:

Tuned car vs. stock car is just pointless.  There are so many videos on the Internet of stock cars vs. tuned cars, and I just don't get it.  "Wow, the POS is faster than the GT!"  Uhhhhh...not exactly.  

If you want a fair comparison, go find a stock POS to put up against the stock GT.  I have a stock GT and raced a stock POS from a roll, and the result was not the same as that video, that's for sure.   :butthead:

My GT is getting mods right now.  So, maybe after it's done, I'll go find a stock POS and race it, and then post the video on the internet.   :roll:

Clax is right. I am with him.

Clax, your missing the point of the video. Its not ooh a POS beat a Ford GT so lets all talk down the GT, its watching two bad ass sports cars going at it and having fun on the street. Hey when your on the street its run what you brung. And if you go out and race a stock Z-06 and beat it then please post it so we can all see that awesome vid!

I find these vids and post them because I know people want to see them.

I want to see that Lingenfelter TT C6 that made over 1000rwhp race a high output Ford GT. That would be cool to see.

Clax, your missing the point of the video. Its not ooh a POS beat a Ford GT so lets all talk down the GT, its watching two bad ass sports cars going at it and having fun on the street. Hey when your on the street its run what you brung. And if you go out and race a stock Z-06 and beat it then please post it so we can all see that awesome vid!

I find these vids and post them because I know people want to see them.

I was joking about racing the stock Plastic mess-06 and posting it on the net. Why would I do that? What is there to be proud of by having a 700hp modded GT beat a stock Plastic mess-06? That's my point. I would be more interested in seeing a stock vs. stock, or modded vs. modded. I understand fully the concept of "run what you brung", but this video you posted is going to be used for commercial purposes (resale..."Beyond the Quarter") -- we're not just talking about some kid with a camera phone. If I am going to sell videos, I think I might be able to find a stock Plastic mess-06 to document a race that makes sense.

I want to see that Lingenfelter TT C6 that made over 1000rwhp race a high output Ford GT. That would be cool to see.

Agreed. There is a twin-turbo GT in Florida that is running over 1000 RWHP, so that would be an interesting race. Glad to see some people here understand the concept of stock vs. stock, or modded vs. modded.

Agreed. There is a twin-turbo GT in Florida that is running over 1000 RWHP, so that would be an interesting race. Glad to see some people here understand the concept of stock vs. stock, or modded vs. modded.

Yeah, that would be ultimate domestic power right there, in modded form. Let's throw in a TT Viper in the Mix and you have armageddon!!! ;)

-Olivier

Yeah, that would be ultimate domestic power right there, in modded form. Let's throw in a TT Viper in the Mix and you have armageddon!!! ;)

-Olivier

3 street cars, 3000+ whp............ wheres the drool smilie when you need it.

Ya'll need to go out and get the June Motor Trend(Target Plastic mess-06). They put a stock Z-06 up against a C6 twin turbo POS with Z-06 body kit up against a 1100hp viper, 720hp GT, 840hp mustang,900hp GTO. Its a real good read. Also go to this link and at the bottom of the page is a vid of Motor Trend doing a topspeed run with the Stock Z-06.

http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia/mtvid...deos/index.html