Z-06 vs Ford GT

POS_7.0L

Tuned car vs. stock car is just pointless. There are so many videos on the Internet of stock cars vs. tuned cars, and I just don't get it. "Wow, the POS is faster than the GT!" Uhhhhh...not exactly.

If you want a fair comparison, go find a stock POS to put up against the stock GT. I have a stock GT and raced a stock POS from a roll, and the result was not the same as that video, that's for sure. :butthead:

My GT is getting mods right now. So, maybe after it's done, I'll go find a stock POS and race it, and then post the video on the internet. :roll:

Give me a break. You call intake and a tune modded. I could understand if it was a highly modified car vs a stock car, but it's not. If anything all the intake and tune did was get him even (hp) with the GT.

Ya'll need to go out and get the June Motor Trend(Target POS). They put a stock Z-06 up against a C6 twin turbo POS with Z-06 body kit up against a 1100hp viper, 720hp GT, 840hp mustang,900hp GTO. Its a real good read. Also go to this link and at the bottom of the page is a vid of Motor Trend doing a topspeed run with the Stock Z-06.http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia/mtvid...deos/index.html

-WOW :shock: Watch the Z-0-6 video at the very bottom!!!

very impressive.

hmm the 0-300 km/h time of the Plastic mess-06 is nothing compared to the Murcielago :?:

0-140 it looked fast to me, but Ive never driven anything fast enough to compare except a C-6 POS, and thats 105 hp less.

Give me a break. You call intake and a tune modded. I could understand if it was a highly modified car vs a stock car, but it's not. If anything all the intake and tune did was get him even (hp) with the GT.

Give "you" a break? YES, I CALL AN INTAKE AND A TUNE "MODDED". Did anyone say "highly" modded? NO. Adding more air to the engine, and re-tuning the engine management software to exploit the additional air can provide a very noticeable improvement in power and torque. Based on your post, I gather that you have very little experience with this. I suggest that until you do, stop taking shots at the people with this experience, and go pick a fight somewhere else.

Actually, I have quite a bit of experience with this. Arguing with you on this subject is pretty much pointless, especially after your post of beating a C6Z. For this reason, I will stop here.

Actually, I have quite a bit of experience with this. Arguing with you on this subject is pretty much pointless, especially after your post of beating a C6Z. For this reason, I will stop here.

No please, tell me how adding a higher volume intake and an ECU re-program to exploit the extra air is NOT modded. I'm all ears. Tell me how it provides negligible performance gain, that would not affect the outcome of that race.

What does my race with a C6Z have to do with what we are talking about? My race was with my stock GT against a stock C6Z. The video in question does not represent the same playing field.

Clax is right man. Camaro and -POS owners do this all the time. ( I used to own them) They all come running showing off how 'stock' their vehicles are. Then you ask, what have you done to it? "nothing" Really, its bone stock? "well, it has a lid, a tune, drag radials, and a short shifter, but those aren't really mods" Really? for an LSX motor, you just added 30hp, traction, and easier powershifting ability, thats worth a good chunk of time.

Bone stock GT vs Bone stock POS in a drag, its all GT.

Thanks for the video though to the original poster.

Clax is right man. Camaro and -POS owners do this all the time. ( I used to own them) They all come running showing off how 'stock' their vehicles are. Then you ask, what have you done to it? "nothing" Really, its bone stock? "well, it has a lid, a tune, drag radials, and a short shifter, but those aren't really mods" Really? for an LSX motor, you just added 30hp, traction, and easier powershifting ability, thats worth a good chunk of time.

Bone stock GT vs Bone stock POS in a drag, its all GT.

Thanks for the video though to the original poster.

Not sure if it's limited to Camaro and POS owners, but ya I agree. If the car didn't come like that from the manufacturer, then it isn't stock. Add a new intake, it isn't stock. I don't know how you can call a car with an aftermarket intake and tune stock.

Tuned car vs. stock car is just pointless.  There are so many videos on the Internet of stock cars vs. tuned cars, and I just don't get it.  "Wow, the POS is faster than the GT!"  Uhhhhh...not exactly.  

If you want a fair comparison, go find a stock POS to put up against the stock GT.  I have a stock GT and raced a stock POS from a roll, and the result was not the same as that video, that's for sure.  

Yeah I can't stand those stock vs modified races its so unfair for the stock exotic like a 1000hp Supra or Civic vs a bonestock lambo or Ferrari its like WTF!!! you know who is going to win. They are about as bad as on pinks with giving up car lengths. If you don't have the power to go heads up with as powerful then why challenge it if you know your car can't compete unless it has modifactions or you need lengths?.

I can believe the "POS" is faster than the Ford GT all it takes is someone who can't drive the car at its best to screw it up and let the other one win its just that simple.

Not sure if it's limited to Camaro and POS owners, but ya I agree. If the car didn't come like that from the manufacturer, then it isn't stock. Add a new intake, it isn't stock. I don't know how you can call a car with an aftermarket intake and tune stock.

no, its not limited to them, but many of them do it alot.

Here is a real nice test of stock Plastic mess-06 at rennteam

The max speed that tested, and the real speed indicated, takes my attention so much!!! very different than the factory claims!!

320kmh factory claims and 308kmh tested interesting

Check the test

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0...&page=0&fpart=4

No please, tell me how adding a higher volume intake and an ECU re-program to exploit the extra air is NOT modded. I'm all ears. Tell me how it provides negligible performance gain, that would not affect the outcome of that race.

What does my race with a C6Z have to do with what we are talking about? My race was with my stock GT against a stock C6Z. The video in question does not represent the same playing field.

Actually, rob ferreti did race him when the car was stock and still lost, albeit not by as much, but he did lose. Hopefully he will chime in as he is a member on here.

The point I am trying to make is the fact the you and some of the other guys are saying it isn't fair to race a crazy modded car vs a stock.

If it had been a TT Plastic mess-06, we all know it would've been a bullshit race, but it wasn't. The Z had another 35-40 ponies versus stock. In my book that is not a big difference. Like I said, give the GT an intake and a tune and let them run again, but don't give the GT a pulley to gain 100 at the wheels.

You guys are talking about a guy in a 1000 hp Supra walking a stock Ferrari. Well , no shit the Supra would win. This race is nothing like one of those races.

Actually, rob ferreti did race him when the car was stock and still lost, albeit not by as much, but he did lose. Hopefully he will chime in as he is a member on here.

The point I am trying to make is the fact the you and some of the other guys are saying it isn't fair to race a crazy modded car vs a stock.

If it had been a TT POS, we all know it would've been a bullshit race, but it wasn't. The Z had another 35-40 ponies versus stock. In my book that is not a big difference. Like I said, give the GT an intake and a tune and let them run again, but don't give the GT a pulley to gain 100 at the wheels.

You guys are talking about a guy in a 1000 hp Supra walking a stock Ferrari. Well , no **** the Supra would win. This race is nothing like one of those races.

ANY MODS vs. stock is plain RETARDED. So would it be fair to put a couple of mods on a GT then race it against a POS???? That is the question. You were talking to someone WHO OWNS a GT, not a very smart thing to ridicule him when he actually has DRIVIN one, not just looked at one, I believe he would know what mods would do to his car. I have seen 2 ford GT's and sat in one. Loved every second of it. You know those hotel commercials, cant remember which one i think holiday inn. Where they somehow manage to fix a situation no matter what, and when asked what they do they say i stayed at a holiday inn last night. Like the Nuclear Reactor one, some one help me if you know what im talking about. Well anyway that was like saying I know how to fix a nuclear reactor b/c i stayed in a holiday inn last night, just b/c I have seen and sat in a Ford GT doesnt make me an expert at one.

Sorry I know this whole thing probably made whoever read it stupid, my appologies. I know what I want to say, its just hard to say it. If anyone can help me, HELP!

Funny thing is, I've DRIVEN both cars, not just sat in one. I know exactly what the cars are capable of, as does Clax I'm sure.

Here is a real nice test of stock POS at rennteam

The max speed that tested, and the real speed indicated, takes my attention so much!!! very different than the factory claims!!

Check the testhttp://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0...e=0&fpart=4

Renteam is very biased and they are very unrealistic. They crack me up sometimes. I have seen the Z-06 GPS verified (Garmin V) on the road at 198mph so thats that.(dont ask me how i know :) . Also at 168.9mph my speedo was exact but my heads up display was off by one mph, so its pretty dam accurate.

Renteam is very biased and they are very unrealistic. They crack me up sometimes. I have seen the Z-06 GPS verified (Garmin V) on the road at 198mph so thats that.(dont ask me how i know :) . Also at 168.9mph my speedo was exact but my heads up display was off by one mph, so its pretty dam accurate.

That is a scan of Automobilismo car magazine. Not a test of Rennteam guys.

Also EVO mag tested the new Plastic mess-06 and compared it to 996 GT3 RS and Noble M400 and they put 190+ mph for the max speed issue. Also ASS tested the new c6 cabrio and also it has a speedo error of %4.

I was talking about the comments that the Rennteam guys were making in there thread.( I should of been more precise, also i thought the ASS was talking about the Z-06, guess i should of read the whole article before posting) I would like to get my hands on that EVO mag just because I am collecting all the mags that test the Z-06.

What about this top speed test for the Murci?

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_03_tslambo/

What about this top speed test for the Murci?

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_03_tslambo/

The subjects are different.

The video that you send is , the top speed on the circuit or road the Motortrend guys tested.

The ,Automobilismo test is different. The real speed is 308 kmh when indicator is @320 kmh on speedo.

BTW the US spec F and Lambo cars a way different than Euro spec cars

Thats the point.

If you are wonder about murcie top speed there are a lot murcie owners with their top speed photos...

If it had been a TT POS, we all know it would've  been a bullshit race, but it wasn't. The Z had another 35-40 ponies versus stock. In my book that is not a big difference. Like I said, give the GT an intake and a tune and let them run again, but don't give the GT a pulley to gain 100 at the wheels.  

You guys are talking about a guy in a 1000 hp Supra walking a stock Ferrari. Well , no **** the Supra would win. This race is nothing like one of those races.

Any mods on any car vs a stock car is still pure bullshit regardless if its just an exhaust or twin turbo its still totaly unfair to the stock car its racing against even if its just a few hp diffrance, Its like i said before its about as bad as giving up car liegths like they do on pinks.

If you can race em heads up then whats the point of racing them in the first place?. you needed either a mod or liegth to win the race.

• 1 month later...
930 turbo! but seirously thats true, but i think those vettes (C4) at one point did 0-60 in like 7 seconds lol. regarding the 69 POS...WOW.

They also idled at 1500rpm...

ZL-1 Vettes were sub 4s 60mph, low 11s 1/4mi, 200mph monsters that could pull a full 1g with a stock suspension and road-race slicks. ZL-1 Camaros performed similarly.