Whats your opinion on Brietling?

agentf1

I actually found my way to this site trying to help out a friend that may be buying a Gallardo but have always been a fan of the exotics myself anyway. Never saw a watch section in a Car forum before but I am somewhat of a watch fan myself.

Whats your opinion on Brietling? I recently picked up one (can't remember the name off the top of my head) a few years ago. It is battery operated. I notice a lot of the newer ones are self winding. Anyway, it has performed flawlessly and despite the fact I usually wear it daily except when I wear a suit then I will wear my Movado (funny, when I dress up I wear my cheaper watch :lol: ) it still looks like the day I bought it.

Well I loved the Breitling line and finally picked up the Bentley 6.75 a few weeks back ,but I was at Costco this morning and saw they have the Bentley GT and other models for sale. Bentley GT was 5k!!! Nonetheless I was pissed. THey definitely lowered their quality by selling their items at Costco of all places, I was considering getting other models but not anymore....

• 7 months later...
Well I loved the Breitling line and finally picked up the Bentley 6.75 a few weeks back ,but I was at Costco this morning and saw they have the Bentley GT and other models for sale. Bentley GT was 5k!!! Nonetheless I was pissed. THey definitely lowered their quality by selling their items at Costco of all places, I was considering getting other models but not anymore....

I'm sure Breitling didn't sell to Costco. It came from a dealer who needed money I'm sure. Dealers who get desperate to free up some money will dump thier watches to places like Costco and others. Don't judge Breitling by that.

I recently sold a Bentley GT to a guy who had bought an 80k Brietling with diamonds all over. He said he needed the car to match his watch. I wish all Brietling owners felt the same way and came to me. :P

Breitlings are way too commercial for my liking and quality of movement is not there.I have known of a whole bunch that are in for repair on a regular basis

Way too many new models out every year --- almost to the point of resembling Swatch --- but still look relatively the same.

Movement isn't exacty great --- definatlely no match to what they want you to believe as.

Daily wear perhaps but surely not much collection value.

Way too many new models out every year --- almost to the point of resembling Swatch --- but still look relatively the same.

Movement isn't exacty great --- definatlely no match to what they want you to believe as.

Daily wear perhaps but surely not much collection value.

Pretty good summary :)

They are a good solid watch though :)

Breitlings are way too commercial for my liking and quality of movement is not there.

The Valjoux and ETA movements they use are bulletproof which is why so many companies use them. (lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu, IWC, Ulysse Nardin, etc) Plus they are nicely finished and chronometer certified. They break a lot less than the AP's everybody seem to love around here and are much easier to repair. The cases and bracelets are some of the best in the business as well. Style wise is of course up to one's own opinion.