Test Drove some more cars today

AJGlobal

So I decided to take out the quatroporte again with the regular automatic tranny and it was a much different experience. The car was enjoyable to drive and I liked it, next I took out the Bentely GT. Nice car good tourque and power but a heavy mo-fo. I liked it though. Then I took out a Aston V8 Vantage and loved it. My only concern is the reliabilty of the car. I hear postives and negatives but i can tell you my experience in driving it was great. It brought back that same kind of excitment when I first drove the lambo. Its only 390HP but it feels like it has more than that and the car feels very balanced and the exhaust sounds like the lambo does when it opens up. Don't think I'll buy new but I may look for one now after driving it, not to mention its looks stunning. Very beutiful car.

So I decided to take out the quatroporte again with the regular automatic tranny and it was a much different experience. The car was enjoyable to drive and I liked it, next I took out the Bentely GT. Nice car good tourque and power but a heavy mo-fo. I liked it though. Then I took out a Aston V8 Vantage and loved it. My only concern is the reliabilty of the car. I hear postives and negatives but i can tell you my experience in driving it was great. It brought back that same kind of excitment when I first drove the lambo. Its only 390HP but it feels like it has more than that and the car feels very balanced and the exhaust sounds like the lambo does when it opens up. Don't think I'll buy new but I may look for one now after driving it, not to mention its looks stunning. Very beutiful car.

The Vantage is a great looking car, but you see them around AZ 2 often. The Bentley in AZ is like a Phantom in LA. You look when you see one.

JMHO

The Vantage is a great looking car, but you see them around AZ 2 often. The Bentley in AZ is like a Phantom in LA. You look when you see one.

JMHO

Really.........I have never seen a V8 Vantage on the road, only a few DB9's here and there and the GT well I see them everywhere and they look like a Chrysler from the front.

Really.........I have never seen a V8 Vantage on the road, only a few DB9's here and there and the GT well I see them everywhere and they look like a Chrysler from the front.

Either the Vantage or DB9 would be great to have and drive on a daily basis. I love the sound that comes from that car's exhaust, nice and deep yet pricey. Definitely seen more Murcie's here than any Aston Martin :( I wouldn't mind it the other way around, I would especially love to sit in this one as it takes a lap or two around the track. :eusa_dance: Hopefully my contact over at Prodrive can get me in one, no need to go around but just sit in it.

2005_AstonMartin_DBR91.jpg

Deveus

Where did you go for your shopping? Sounds like the inventory that Luxury of Scottsdale is carrying right now.

All the cars you drove are so different. I love the Bentley. Nice gentleman's sports car.

I agree. I have never seen a Vantage on the road here. GTs are definitley more common.

:iamwithstupid:

I've seen a couple Vanquish's and DB9's on the road around here, but not often. Today driving down Scottsdale road I saw 3 CGT's

Where did you go for your shopping? Sounds like the inventory that Luxury of Scottsdale is carrying right now.

All the cars you drove are so different. I love the Bentley. Nice gentleman's sports car.

Scottsdale Ferrari/ maserati..............the aston dealer is next door and run by the same people and they had the '04 CGT so I got to drive all 3 from the same place.

Planning on getting a V8 Vantage over the summer for my daily driver. Fun and easy to drive. I really liked it a lot. I also like that I can get custom combos of colors/interiors etc.. so the car will really be what I want.

I'm also concerned about reliability and the pending sale of AM. Any thoughts?

Before you buy any AM product, talk to people that have owned them.

And you were one of them, thanks again for the info on the DB9.................but from what I have been hearing and spoken to other owners on the V8 vantage specifically there have not been anything major to report. I will however do a full service research on whatever used model I buy........and I will buy used seeing I can get one closer to the 100k mark. My drive in the car was fun and I'm still thinking about it 2 days later. That to me means I need to get one. :icon_mrgreen:

Before you buy any AM product, talk to people that have owned them.

I know you have mixed feelings about yours from previous posts. Care to elaborate? Also, I can't remember, did you have the Vanquish or the Vantage?

I think you need a Conv Beetle.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Funny you should say that........we had that black one months ago (I think you saw it) and I brought it home for Amy to see if she liked it. She said it was great with the top down but very closterphobic with the up. It went bye-bye and then I got MINI.