Top Gear Test Run

zzzzdoc

Well, the LP640 did it. Well, sort of.

It hit 207 mph on the track, the highest speed they have ever attained in a car on their track.

On the other hand, in relatively dry conditions, it only came in 6th on the lap with the Stig, tied with the CGT, 1.4 seconds below the Koenigsegg, and 0.8 sec below the Enzo.

So, the top of the heap, at least on their track still is:

Koenigsegg

Zonda F

Maserati MC12

Ferrari Enzo

Ariel Atom

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640

Clarkson had his typical obnoxious things to say about it (not being a Ferrari, of course). The car did look impressively fast when driven by the Stig.

There was something funny about the run....on the 'follow through', the fastest section of the track.....the car only appeared to be cruising along. Wasn't right imho.

Wow. Missed the thread. And I thought I saw it early, being in the States and all that. What did nobody sleep last night???

My bad.

Good result for Lambo... to hit 207mph on that small straight where the mighty Koeniggsegg had previously held the record with a 190mph... and to equal the CGT on the track which is supposed to be one of the best track cars of all the Hypercars!! is simply amazing considering the extra bulk the car is carrying...

Clarkson said it was good value for money considering the other Hypercars cost double.. he also mentioned that ferraris were always supercars and Lambos were the first original hypercars and still are....

Yeah it was the CCR I think. The lp640 did well, beating the CGT and SLR, it was amazing! :icon_super:

Yeah it was the CCR I think. The lp640 did well, beating the CGT and SLR, it was amazing! :icon_super:

I'm pretty sure it was the CCX with the wing. The Stig crashed the CCX without one, and the CCR was slower still, if memory serves.