bigger better slower, brakes!

suzukidave

I am looking to upgrade the front brakes on my 91 diablo. Movit makes a kit for 4500 bucks and brembo for 3500 bucks. Anyone know of any others out there? any better deals out there? Let me know if you have any experience with any of these setups.

cheers

dave

:eek3dance:

I am looking to upgrade the front brakes on my 91 diablo. Movit makes a kit for 4500 bucks and brembo for 3500 bucks. Anyone know of any others out there? any better deals out there? Let me know if you have any experience with any of these setups.

cheers

dave

:eek3dance:

you could try tarox in italy, they have a good reputation and are quite inexpensive compared to brembo

i heard someone used them on murcie with good results

I've never upgraded brakes on a Diablo. I use Porterfield Pads quite a bit, but never a complete change or up grade. Is the Brembo upgrade the same as or close to whats on the later Diablos?

Wish I could be of more help Dave man.

Hey Mike, whats ups!

Its good to hear from you, what have you been up to. I sent you a email to your personal a while back, is it still the same? did you ever get that countach??

cheers

dave

Dave,

I inquired on the Movit brakes and the price from the distributer is what you quoted. They do take six weeks to order and receive since they are made to order.

Brembos seem the cheapest way to go and are available.

It was explained to me by the Movit rep that the Brembos use thinner rotors and could see some warping. My feeling is if you arent going to track the car, Brembos would be the way to go. I think I am going to go this route in the near future. Also, I am going to replace the brake lines to steel.

Did you decide on the upgrade? If yes, which way are you going?

Dave,

Are you going to track the car?? :)

If not, I would use the HAWK or EBC replacement pads and see how you like it.. (they are much better than the stock pads, and make far less dust)

• 4 weeks later...

Mark, how much difference will just the rotors make? Wouldnt it be better to have rotors and callipers changed? How much to add the calipers?

Mark, how much difference will just the rotors make?
Hey Jason, I apologize for my incorrect wording. The 15" 2 piece rotor upgrade wouldn't directly apply to people with an earlier model Diablo unless you've done the big brake kit upgrade already. But to answer your question, the later year Diablo's and Murcie's would feel a world of difference in breaking power and weight loss with just the larger diameter Brembo rotors. We have done it on our Diablo here. But Jason, since your Diablo is a 91 I would recommend Brembo's BBK that was made specifically for your car. That comes with either drilled or slotted 14" 2 piece front rotors and 4 piston calipers, and the rears come with 13" 2 piece rotors which also has the 4 piston caliper upgrade. I can get this set up for you early next week if you are interested, please PM me and we can talk some more. :icon_thumleft: