my new toy...

dhayek

hi guys...most of you in the states are not familiar with the renault hot hatches,since they not imported in the states...but i went today to the bmw, renault, alfa,mini dealer that is a friend of mine ,to say hi , i saw this renault megane rs sitting in the showroom, i liked the look, he told me to go and try it, i did, i found it much superior in every aspect to my modded mini cooper S , half an hour later ,and after an AMAZING deal , went home with it ...

i will post detailed impressions later, but first thing that i loved about this car is that it reminded me of my previous lancia integrale, same type of engine, meaning a high pressure turbo ( 1.1 bar) , much better IMO than the currend trend of low pressure turbo a la golf gti...

DSC02093.JPG

DSC02094.JPG

rsint.jpg

DSC02099.JPG

That's SO COOL! Nice to see something else then a golf gti and cooper s :icon_thumleft: How is it like to drive?

Congratulations dude! :icon_super:

the car has stock 225 HP , and i ordered a kit from renault sport that boost it to 280 Hp. the car is very nice to drive, it has an incredible chassis , very predictable and i love the rally style turbo boost , the kick in the ass at 2.5k rpm :eusa_dance:

Awesome!

You deffinately got a unique piece there!

Nice new ride, not very common and looks great. Nice to drive, too, have had a go in a 2003 one which I believe are much the same. I'm sure it will b loads of fun, and with a 280hp kit, wow!!

nice car!!

is it FWD? if so, how is torque steer?

Assuming it's the same as the ones we get in NZ, they're FWD, and (stock at least, no idea with that 280kit!) don't have too much trouble with torque steer that I've ver found.

Congrats !

Please give us a write-up on the car. It sure looks like fun.