Gallardo to Diablo...

BUMN

Anyone here go from a Gallardo to the Diablo? Can a late model 1999 or 2001 Diablo be driven daily like the Gallardo? Being the Diablo has no warranty on it.. any problems to know about on the cars? Is it easy to drive or does it feel alot bigger then the Gallardo? I like the roadster and the 6.0 . Which is the better year to own on these cars.. best meaning less problems.. Thanks in advance

why would you want to change in a brand new latest lambo for a older version? not saying that the older cars are bad. i myself prefer the diablos. just wondering whats the reason for getting rid of the gallardo and buying a diablo instead?

Dont get me wrong.. I love my G.. its just that you see alot of them where I live.. I like having something different then most.. so I thought a Diablo.. I have a 89 countach back in NY.. But here in Florida I prefer a car that would be topless or at least the windows go down more then 3 inches... My countach feels alot more exotic then my G... So I would think the Diablo would have the same exotic feeling... but I want to be able to drive the car almost everyday... so I want to know if the Diablo's can be driven daily...

Dont get me wrong.. I love my G.. its just that you see alot of them where I live.. I like having something different then most.. so I thought a Diablo.. I have a 89 countach back in NY.. But here in Florida I prefer a car that would be topless or at least the windows go down more then 3 inches... My countach feels alot more exotic then my G... So I would think the Diablo would have the same exotic feeling... but I want to be able to drive the car almost everyday... so I want to know if the Diablo's can be driven daily...

Yes you can drive the diablo daily. I have a 2000 Roadster SV in Sydney and it is great. Just maintain it. No probs at all and people tell it even looks better than the new ones -definitely more exotic and a genuine Italian ( the last Roadter SV made!)

Can a late model 1999 or 2001 Diablo be driven daily like the Gallardo?

I have owned my Diablo 6.0 for 5 1/2 years, and have 7000+ miles on it. I had a small problem with a faulty sensor that was fixed under warranty 4 years ago. Other than that I have not done anything else to it other than buying a new battery and regular filter and fluid changes.

Yes you can drive the diablo daily. I have a 2000 Roadster SV in Sydney and it is great. Just maintain it. No probs at all and people tell it even looks better than the new ones -definitely more exotic and a genuine Italian ( the last Roadter SV made!)

Not calling BS or anything, but I've never heard of a 2000 roadster other than the millenium roadster, especially not an SV verison. unless of course you have one of these rare SV roadsters that never went into production

http://lambocars.com/dia/diasvr2.htm

but, as the article stays, they are all 98-99 years. I'm not saying you don't have it, I just never heard of it. would you happen to have pics of it?

Not calling BS or anything, but I've never heard of a 2000 roadster other than the millenium roadster, especially not an SV verison. unless of course you have one of these rare SV roadsters that never went into production

http://lambocars.com/dia/diasvr2.htm

but, as the article stays, they are all 98-99 years. I'm not saying you don't have it, I just never heard of it. would you happen to have pics of it?

There where 30 millenium roadsters built in 2000. All of them where VT's, however they all had SV differentials.

There where 30 millenium roadsters built in 2000. All of them where VT's, however they all had SV differentials.

Mine is a a special order SV 2000 roadster made by the factory (it looks same as 1999 vt, it is simply rear wheel drive) and is the last to come to Australia and to be made as far as Lamborghini Australia is concerned. We have 1 more 1999 SV roadster that I know of and a total of about 5 worldwide (between maybe UK and Australia!!) I believe . I don't believe any were made for the american market.

We have gone over this a few times. There are no 2000 builds of D roadsters. They are all 99 models (per the vin) and with 99 build dates. The millenimum's even appear to be custom pulls from early in the 99 production line. The delivery dates were 2000. As far as gearing, the millenimum's used the SV diff gearing ratio. Totally aside from the special edition millenimum's, there is no question a number of "late model" SV Roadsters (ie 2wd) were sold. Exactly how they were built and vin'ed is still in question.

-mick

See a writeup I did comparing going from a Gallardo to Diablo Jan 2 2006 on this forum

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry155032

Hey Z, I enoyed your write up months ago. In fact, I read it while trying to decide on cars. There is something about both the Gallardo and the Diablo. And they are both totally different.