Wrecked Silhouette for sale at Yahoo Japan auction

posteriore140

so, to clarify, since its an eight , their values will be depressed relative to the 12s.

That is the approach of the market at this time.

However some flyweight F cars have done well.

206 and 246 Dino

In addition, the true racing Dinos.

It just seems like over night the Italian cars as a group started trading up rapidly over the last year. Maseratis, Ferraris, Lamborghinis values are exponentially increasing regardless of engine.

It just seems like over night the Italian cars as a group started trading up rapidly over the last year. Maseratis, Ferraris, Lamborghinis values are exponentially increasing regardless of engine.

They all have !

I just gave my opinion (everyone has one), as to why the Silhouette will always slot behind the Countach.

It is quite similar to concept, of the Ferrari Boxer, always slotting behind the Daytona.

Without getting flamed, I will give my 2 Lira opinions -

It is not a 12

It shares much in common with the Urraco, and to a lesser cosmetic degree with the Jalpa. How does that effect the price of the car ? It does not help to ask over 45K for a nice car, when a running beat-up Urraco can be found for 15K.

Almost unknown - How many of the general population on L/P, has even heard of the car ?

As one begins to contemplate buying a top Silhouette, it may cross their mind, that for almost pennies more, they can pick up the iconic more powerful Countach.

What are the Countachs going for?? Whats the price ranges...the only ones I've seen are over $100K recently.

What are the Countachs going for?? Whats the price ranges...the only ones I've seen are over $100K recently.

I still believe, you can find a running hi KM Countach, with mechanical, cosmetic, and other issues, for in the neighborhood of 75K+.

Of course the comparison was with a top flight Silhouette. I assume a decent Silhouette starts around 45K+ ? It is difficult to put an exact price on the Silhouette, due to the few cars that come up forsale. I assume the best Silhouette cars, are priced in or around 65K ? - These prices are for US based cars.

If you can find an owner of the few that are in top condition that are willing to sell don't expect to pay less than $80,000 US

Naturally the Countach will be worth more. But as prices for the Countach rise so will the prices of the Silhouette. Just look at the price of the LP400.

A Countach in good condition (without "issues") should fetch between $120,000 and $140,000 (minimum) soon. Otherwise pay $75,000 and spend a lot bringing up to a good level.

Moreover its always a case of supply and demand. Have a look at how many Countach's are for sale in comparison to Silhouettes.

silhouette are RARE

and best examples simply doesn't come for sale more than once a year

i know they were cheap and they are no V12, but i don't think it is possible to find a really good one in the 60-70k$ range

Tony: could you give us an idea of what you got for your superb one??

in the end if you want one and you want it good you have to wait and pay

i almost lost hope to find one in europe .... :(

silhouette are RARE

and best examples simply doesn't come for sale more than once a year

i know they were cheap and they are no V12, but i don't think it is possible to find a really good one in the 60-70k$ range

Tony: could you give us an idea of what you got for your superb one??

in the end if you want one and you want it good you have to wait and pay

i almost lost hope to find one in europe .... :(

Emilio

What do you think the market is like for Silhouettes in Europe? I may be selling mine (chassis 40006) if the price is right. It is difficult to know what to ask as they never come on the market.

Craig

Emilio

What do you think the market is like for Silhouettes in Europe? I may be selling mine (chassis 40006) if the price is right. It is difficult to know what to ask as they never come on the market.

Craig

:shock: :shocked:

is yours the red one in UK?

is in great conditions, right?post some pics

as said it is difficult to say what is worth, we all don't agree on countach S prices ....

i'd say 40k euro is EASY in today market, but if it is real good, as i think,i think with some time and the right buyer 55k euro (it would be difficult to sell for more than this, since 91-92 diablos becomes too close though...IMO)

p.s. please remember these cars are not countach and most people does not know what a sil. is, so take your time and wait for

the right buyer

p.p.s a pity i can not buy it at this time :eusa_wall:

if you don't sell it now, we could hopefully speak about it in the future

is yours the red one in UK?

is in great conditions, right?post some pics

as said it is difficult to say what is worth, we all don't agree on countach S prices ....

i'd say 40k euro is EASY in today market, but if it is real good, as i think,i think with some time and the right buyer 55k euro (it would be difficult to sell for more than this, since 91-92 diablos becomes too close though...IMO)

p.s. please remember these cars are not countach and most people does not know what a sil. is, so take your time and wait for

the right buyer

p.p.s a pity i can not buy it at this time :eusa_wall:

if you don't sell it now, we could hopefully speak about it in the future

thanks Emilio - yes my car is the red one in the UK. I will try and post some pics later.

I was thinking in the region of EUR 50k for it. I paid EUR 48k 2 years ago and have spent another EUR 20k on a major overhaul - I didn't expect to get back what I put into it after all.

I am in no rush to sell but I am thinking about another Countach after having sold the LP400 - this time a later, cheaper car (likely LP5000S) to go with my Diablo 6.0 that I replaced it with. If you know of any cars please let me know.

thanks

Craig

If you can find an owner of the few that are in top condition that are willing to sell don't expect to pay less than $80,000 US

Naturally the Countach will be worth more. But as prices for the Countach rise so will the prices of the Silhouette. Just look at the price of the LP400.

A Countach in good condition (without "issues") should fetch between $120,000 and $140,000 (minimum) soon. Otherwise pay $75,000 and spend a lot bringing up to a good level.

Moreover its always a case of supply and demand. Have a look at how many Countach's are for sale in comparison to Silhouettes.

Cars in the US are not taxed very hi. A new Porsche GT3, is about 106K U.S.D., + freight. In the UK and Australia, the car costs a lot more, due to the hi taxes (as you already know !). The classic used car market in the U.S., is at times, priced differently from the ROW.

80K asking price or 80K selling price ? Tony had a hard time getting a good price, and his car is amongst the best around. (I am not attacking the Silhouette :icon_thumleft: ). This was awhile back, and since that sale, the classic Italian cars have increased in price. Perhaps the Silhouette has increased in price, since he sold the car ? It is difficult to gauge the exact price of the Silhouette, due to the low # of sales.

The price of today's LP 400, is due to strong demand, people pushing prices, and the very low production #'s. Their are only approx 80 known cars, that the Registry is aware of today (according to J.S.). Most of the other approx 1,600 Countach autos that were built, do not have the rarity of the LP 400; and in the case of all post LP 400 autos, the strong cosmetic design difference of the clean car.

I agree that it is not economically wise, to pay 75K on an entry level Countach with a lot of issues, when for a little bit more, you can find a much better car. After a buyer has purchased a car with a lot of issues, they will still have issues with the car, even after having invested a significant amount of money, into correcting some of the cars mechanical and cosmetic faults.

Money cannot correct all issues. Money cannot correct for hi-mileage, hi # of previous owners, no documented records, major accidents, and not having a factory unmolested (survivor type) car etc... Some people may buy the entry level car, and not realize that after dropping a few thousand dollars into the car, it is still worth approx the same value they paid for the car. Preventative maintainance and correcting typical minor faults, should not significantly increase the value of the car. Major allocations of funds, to fix large problems, will put the owner in the hole. With that being the case, it is wise to purchase the better mechanical and cosmetic car.

I agree with all you say Ralph.

I just think that there are maybe 5-10 Silhouettes in the world approaching the condition of Tony's (ex) car. Perhaps 2-3 are close to Tony's in condition.

To somebody who already has a Countach but wanted a very good Silhouette I am suggesting that $80K (US) is a reasonable asking price.

Alternatively to someone who has a limit on how much to spend I think for $80K you get a very rare and fun car with very little if anything to spend.

I believe that a Countach of any series in the same condition is probably worth $50-$60K more as a minimum.

I am talking about the very best of cars avaialable. Boy haven't we all see the molested cars that require significant investment?

I agree with all you say Ralph.

I just think that there are maybe 5-10 Silhouettes in the world approaching the condition of Tony's (ex) car. Perhaps 2-3 are close to Tony's in condition.

To somebody who already has a Countach but wanted a very good Silhouette I am suggesting that $80K (US) is a reasonable asking price.

Alternatively to someone who has a limit on how much to spend I think for $80K you get a very rare and fun car with very little if anything to spend.

I believe that a Countach of any series in the same condition is probably worth $50-$60K more as a minimum.

I am talking about the very best of cars avaialable. Boy haven't we all see the molested cars that require significant investment?

True

The only point with the 80K USD asking price, is that you must be willing to wait, for the educated L enthusiast buyer, who is looking for just that specific rare Lamborghini classic car. - Just my opinion.

I do not believe a buyer who is looking for the very best Silhouette autos, simply ends up buying that kind of car by chance. It needs to be someone who is dedicated, to buy the best car they can locate.

There are just so few cars available, for a buyer to gauge the market accurately. When you get into those kind of #'s, who is to say what is or is not, a fair market price ?

• 9 months later...

An observation of the Japanese enthusiasts, is that they like the rare Lamborghini cars !