New mesh rear grill

LAM VT

Thought I'd share my latest modification with you all

I've just fabricated a new mesh rear grill for my 97' VT ... total cost was just £10 (appx. $20) £5 for the mesh and £5 for the heat resistant paint I sprayed it with.

I'm no expert at these things, but it took me just 4 hours, a bit of mesh, a jigsaw, an old wooden cabinet with a straight edge (for use in bending the edges of the mesh over at 90 degrees) and a hammer.

I also fabriacated some simple aluminium plates to mount some new rear fog and reverse lights behind the grill.

grill_5.jpg

grill_4.jpg

grill_2.jpg

grill_1.jpg

Good job! I have been looking to do this upgrade too. I want to do the full vent look. Like this.

Cheers!

I was actually 'half & half' between doing that one or the mesh grill on mine - Can't be hard to make that one yourself either i wouldn't have thought. If you needed reverse / rear fog lights you could mount those behind that one too.

I am looking to upgrade my grille too. Yours looks nice.

Just have SP Engineering order you a Factory Diablo GT piece. Trust me.

Just have SP Engineering order you a Factory Diablo GT piece. Trust me.

Are you sure?????

I talked to Mark a week ago, and he thought I wanted to fabricate something for the Jalopy.

I explained to him it was for the D. I havent heard back from him. Hello, Mark, are you out there?

Are you sure?????

I talked to Mark a week ago, and he thought I wanted to fabricate something for the Jalopy.

I explained to him it was for the D. I havent heard back from him. Hello, Mark, are you out there?

I will talk to Alex and let him know.

Where did you get your mesh? What kind is it?

I got mine from : http://www.dyersmetalmesh.co.uk/Catalogue/...ASP?ProductID=9 (It was the very top mesh on this page). I've only used about a fifth of it, got loads left.

The GT grill uses a wider hole section mesh, i went for a narrower section as it basically hides a bit more of the exhaust from view. If you go for the GT wider mesh, you've really got to make sure it's clean inside as you'll be able to see everything !

Right then ...

Seeing as none of you seem to like my LED rear lights, i've decided to have a play with another option.

I've temporarily blacked out the outer rings on one side with tape, compare the pics and see which side you prefer.

What do we think then ? ... better, worse ??

led_1.jpg

led_3.jpg

led_2.jpg

Are you sure?????

Jason I just shot you a PM, but we already cleared up the pricing and vehicle application situation already. BTW you have my work and cell # why don't ya just call me? Anyways, check out the PM and give me a call if needed :icon_mrgreen:

Jason I just shot you a PM, but we already cleared up the pricing and vehicle application situation already. BTW you have my work and cell # why don't ya just call me? Anyways, check out the PM and give me a call if needed :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks, got it.

I don't comment on this stuff much but god damn do I hate those lights. The stock ones look fine. With the blackout tape it looks just as bad.