Maserati

livetodrive

Looks great, but I would need to see it in person before I reach a final verdict. A maser though? They are only for looking pretty, the car has no soul...could be different with this one.

The styling on that car looks confused at best (maybe derivative would be better) and based on my maserati ownership experience, there is nothing that would make me go back.

I like the styling, but only 405 hp and an automatic tranny? It doesn't seem sporty enough for what this car claims to be...

I hope it drives as good as it looks. And one more thing about these cars... they drop in value like crazy, at least in Europe they do, don't know what you guys in the US think about the Maseratis, but i for one don't think much of them.

The old 4200GT competed directly against Porsche 911. The 911 is clearly superior to the Maserati in every way...

I almost bought a Maserati coupe 2 years ago, i am glad i didn't. A friend of mine bought hte car i was about to buy, and it has been nothing but trouble. He seems to enjoy it though...

And one more thing about these cars... they drop in value like crazy, at least in Europe they do,

Same here in the states. Probably among the worst for depreciation.

You know, i really wish i could like Maserati now, but it seems like they are trying to be to Ferrari what Mercury is to Ford.

That episode of Top Gear with the 1952 Maserati 250F is one of my favorites though- now THAT is a car! And Juan Manuel Fangio in that 50's Grand Prix race Jeremy Clarkson talks about...DAMN!

Saw it in person at a carshow, looks good and pretty agressive but I have always liked the designs of the Maseratis, also the Quattroporte and the normal coupe look very nice imo. The MC12 is the only Maserati of which I do not like the design.

Actually the front end looks like a Mazda RX-8. But at-least they improved the rear though. The current sedan looks like the big Hyundai from the back. Always a pity to spend so much $$ on a car that gets confused with something costing far less.

It's a shame about the state of Maserati. Maserati has a rich racing heritage. But I haven't been impressed with Maserati since before the Biturbo.

~Double

Now THIS is a car worthy of the name MASERATI - the Maserati MERAK. Maserati needs to build a true successor to THIS car before it can credibly peddle pedestrian sedans and coupes and keep the name as anything more than bland brand engineering.

80_Maserati_Merak_SS_DV_05_scars_08.jpg

MERAK.jpg

maserati_merak.jpg

Well... Maserati isn't making any high end sportscars today because they would compete Ferrari. That's the main reason i think...

So they decided to make a cheap wannabe F-car

Very very nice design, not a perfect bit a good engine.

However what kind of material do they use to build this car. :eusa_think:

Weight=1800kg

Actually the front end looks like a Mazda RX-8. ~Double

Yeah...It does look like the rx8,...sorta...Its also seemed somewhat "familiar". I was thinking similar to a ferrari kinda design....599? :eusa_think:

Later on I read some article somewhere, that stated Pininfarina was involved . :eusa_dance:

Actually just got rid of one. I have a pre-paid lease on it for another 6 months and no use for the car so I gave it to a senior citizen I've always admired who always wanted a sports car but whose wife wouldn't allow him to spend the $$. He never thought he'd have the thrill of a sports car and is happy as a clam - it's lipstick red.

Based on this thread, he should be thinking he's driving a Maserati.

cheers,

~Double

I take it you have one on order? :eusa_think: