Nice white 88.5 on the bay

Ray G

It's not as bad as it sounds. If you invested that $67,500.00 in the stock market in 1982 when Dow was sitting at 777, you would have well above $1,000,000.00 today, and that would buy you a nice Miura SV. :)

Very True indeed!

but who wants to waste precious time watching your money grow when you can drive it! That has to worth todays difference of 400K, only 16K per year!!!

If I was to spend 100-120K on a nice CT, I would spend the 20K extra for a twice the car (IMO) DD!! A more rare car and with out a dought better performance car.

agree

if you are in the market for a countach, i'd look for a pre 25th carbed car

weber countach are last "old school" lamborghinis: very different sound and feel

whith LP400 already "sky hi", strong demand for quite rare S1-S2 and with DD asking prices over 130k

carbed 5000S is the deal of the moment IMO :icon_super:

my 0.02

carbed 5000S is the deal of the moment IMO :icon_super: my 0.02

The deal of the moment, is a 1981 LP400S2, with the hi lift cams, 45mm carbs, non-magical wheels :icon_mrgreen: , and lowbody. - It may be possible, to find one of those cars for a great price. Perhaps the owner, is not really in-tune with today's Countach market ? The only problem, is to find a car like that. The 81 S2 with all the goodies, is a difficult car to locate.

A significant # of the eBay auctions are a fraud. The auctions are being shill bidded to death. The sellers are bidding up their own cars, in the hope that someone will get desperate in the last few moments and step on the ice. One genuine bid in the closing moments, and the car will most likely sell. In the age of 50k "driver" Jaramas that fail to meet the reserve (and plenty of other suspect cars), one can only imagine how many real bids were over 25K.

...I am very suspect of the Miura on E-BAY right now with its bids at 300K???

:iamwithstupid: :eusa_shhh: At that figure, it is already encroaching on Miura S territory. A general rule of thumb, is that the P400, is worth around 1/3 the price of a Miura SV. (generally). 3 x 3 = 9

What do you think a 1978-79 S-1, 9 for 10 car un-molested, under 20K KM!! should be going for today??

I would guess, that a lot of that depends, if you are going to sell the car to a Lamborghini enthusiast, from either the U.S., Japan, or Europe ? Europe should bring more money, on account of the strong value of the Euro. Is this the D.F. red and tan car from CA, with a personalized license plate ? - just a guess. Have you checked into the price, that ROSS AB sold their white/blue car for in Europe ? - That should probably be your starting point. 180K+ value in the USA today ?

Where do you think the S-1 will be in 2 years....compared to say the LP400 Periscopa car??

That is a difficult question. In my opinion (everyone has one), the LP 400 and Miura SV, both appeal at times, to people that collect classic cars outside of the regular Lamborghini circles. While hearing comments hear and there on a different exotic car website over the years, some people have mentioned, that the two classic L cars to catch, are both the clean Countach and the Miura SV. I have heard that some of the big collectors, look to round out their collection, with these two cars.

I think it is a good opinion, to suggest that the S1 will follow the clean LP 400, in the same manner, as the Miura S follows the Miura SV. It is no different with the Ferrari Boxer and the Daytona. The Boxer is generally 1/2 the price of the Daytona. The Boxer seems to always move behind with the Daytona. I feel the S1, will always move behind with the LP 400.

The price in two years ? - That probably depends on the economy and the muscle car market. The Italian exotic car market, is probably intertwined with both the economy and the m.c. market. This is just my 2 Lira opinion. At some point the m.c. market will implode. It is not if, but when.

Again, the Countach to catch today, is the equally hardcore 1981 LP400S2 !! Any hardcore Lamborghini enthusiast, should look for either an 80 or an 81. It has everything but the magical wheels :icon_pidu: - Just ask Gregg :icon_mrgreen:

Hey guys, I hope you all do not mind too much, when I have a strong opinionated conversation about our #1 car. I just love to talk about the Countach. :rant: I hope you all understand, that I am not sending darts downrange, at any of the models. Who else am I going to talk to, about our awesome cars ? Trust me, my wife does not want to hear anything about Countach autos while drinking coffee. She has begun to know the difference, between some of the models :lol2: :lol2: Hey Honey, do you see the flares on this model, and look how the dash is different on this model. - :monkeyleft:

Anybody want a relatively inexpensive car that will eventually go up in value ? Buy a nice original factory 930S Flachbau Turbo. - Those are simply too cheap today, to remain at those prices forever. At one point these rare overdone totally 80's iconic cars (factory production of approx 600 cars from 1981-1989), will have their day. I feel the car has everything going for it, and will eventually become a collectors item.

Low production #'s, a supercar in it's day, awesome performance, very expensive original sticker price, overdone design, strong demand for the car when it was new, excellent race record, and amongst the last of the real P cars. A decent hi mileage car, starts around 30/35K. In addition, check the prices in Europe. In Europe, they are already worth quite a bit more money than the prices in the USA.

The deal of the moment, is a 1981 LP400S2, with the hi lift cams, 45mm carbs, non-magical wheels :icon_mrgreen: , and lowbody. - It may be possible, to find one of those cars for a great price. Perhaps the owner, is not really in-tune with today's Countach market ? The only problem, is to find a car like that. The 81 S2 with all the goodies, is a difficult car to locate.

A significant # of the eBay auctions are a fraud. The auctions are being shill bidded to death. The sellers are bidding up their own cars, in the hope that someone will get desperate in the last few moments and step on the ice. One genuine bid in the closing moments, and the car will most likely sell. In the age of 50k "driver" Jaramas that fail to meet the reserve (and plenty of other suspect cars), one can only imagine how many real bids were over 25K.

Ralf, let me say: you have to be MORE than lucky

simply because it is near impossible to find a nice S2 for sale cheap

and chances to be lucky enough to find one "not in tune" S2 owner are sooooo little, only 2x that to find a "not in tune" S1 owner :eusa_dance:

and IF you find one of these "not in tune with the market guys" there are many other guys that will probably find him to.... (Tony, Roy, Joe, Takeshi, ecc...)

already happened to a white S1 in Italy:

i found a no more than 10 days old! add for 60k euro (more than 1 year ago, please remember they were not that HOT in the market then),

the car was already sold!, 2 or 3 guys went into a bidding war and it went for 20k more than asking price :icon_butt:

so yes a S2 could be a hell of a deal but you need LUCK

otherwise 5000S weber cars are good, somewhat available and at a very good price :icon_super:

The price in two years ? - That probably depends on the economy and the muscle car market. The Italian exotic car market, is probably intertwined with both the economy and the m.c. market. This is just my 2 Lira opinion. At some point the m.c. market will implode. It is not if, but when.

true,

i would say otherwise the M.C. market implosion won't affect much vintage ferrari, maserati or lamborghini's market in Europe or Japan: nobody cares about Cudas-Mopar-Mustang here, only ACs have a STRONG market outside US

That is a difficult question. In my opinion (everyone has one), the LP 400 and Miura SV, both appeal at times, to people that collect classic cars outside of the regular Lamborghini circles. While hearing comments hear and there on a different exotic car website over the years, some people have mentioned, that the two classic L cars to catch, are both the clean Countach and the Miura SV. I have heard that some of the big collectors, look to round out their collection, with these two cars.

I think it is a good opinion, to suggest that the S1 will follow the clean LP 400, in the same manner, as the Miura S following the Miura SV. It is no different with the Ferrari Boxer and the Daytona. The Boxer is generally 1/2 the price of the Daytona. The Boxer seems to always move behind with the Daytona. I feel the S1, will always move behind with the LP 400.

you are right about big collectors

there is in my opinion, a difference btw the miura and countach variants:

while the SV is THE DREAM MIURA for 95% of its fans, countach guys are much more splitted

true,

i would say otherwise the M.C. market implosion won't affect much vintage ferrari, maserati or lamborghini's market in Europe or Japan: nobody cares about Cudas-Mopar-Mustang here, only ACs have a STRONG market outside US

You are correct. However you will have a rippling effect with the eventual crash of the m.c. market, that will have some implications, for the exotic car market on both sides of the pond. Some collectors have interests in both markets.

When the muscle car market begins to correct itself, and the values begin to collapse on themselves, at an even faster rate than the cars appreciated; it will cause some collectors of the very valuable exotics, to take the last offer on the table and run. What will your wife say, when she finds out that your 275GTB/4, went from 950K to 400K, and your Boss 429 Mustang, went from 500K to 150K ? :rant: :rant: :lol2: :lol2: - After that fiasco, you will be lucky if she allows you to buy a 308GT4 project :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_pray:

The last thing you want to do, is to become a collector, who failed to catch a glimpse of the peak of the market. There is an owner of a Boxer on F.C., that mentioned how he turned down 300K, in late 80's money for his 512BBi. - He still has the car. Remember the 1.3mil F40 of 1990 ?