What do you guys think of this BMW?

Guest skokos

Guest skokos
Very nice car, you'll love it, but don't bling it up... The factory wheels on it now are very nice, very classy, of very high quality, and very practical for a daily driver as well!

ya i agree! i want to put some different rims on it but definetly nothing "gangsta"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i agree! i want to put some different rims on it but definetly nothing "gangsta"

Are yo saying the Alpinas are gangsta? Cuz I can show you gangsta...:lol2:

tupac_lastpic.jpg

bmw.jpg

negro.jpg

You already put a deposit on it? I was going to tell you to watch Ronin and then go put a deposit down on an old school S8!

I was going to say the same thing. If I was to look into a big sedan from that year I'd go with an 02 S8.

funny_cat_pictures_056.jpg

Guest skokos
post-7955-1179284681_thumb.jpg

HAHA Im going to have to start sitting around just to think of subjects and see if he has a cat picture for them! :icon_mrgreen:

I had a 97 740il black/tan back in 97. I loved the car, but like the interior color combo on this one much better. I also like the styling of these cars much better than the new ones. My 740il was the first car I ever had with a heated steering wheel, super cool ten years ago. They look great with big rims and lowered, but I don't know how that affects the ride.

It's a very enjoyable car to drive when you take into consideration that it's a huge luxury sedan. Just make sure that it has all the service records and that the transmission oil has been replaced every 30K miles or so. The transmissions (made by GM) in most BMW's don't like to see high mileage without any oil changes. Other then that they're pretty reliable.

Guest skokos
It's a very enjoyable car to drive when you take into consideration that it's a huge luxury sedan. Just make sure that it has all the service records and that the transmission oil has been replaced every 30K miles or so. The transmissions (made by GM) in most BMW's don't like to see high mileage without any oil changes. Other then that they're pretty reliable.

thanks for the advice! ill make sure i do that :icon_thumleft:

Those look really sweet. But 20s? What happen to not looking like a gangsta? :lol2:

20's look just right on a big car like the 740. Those wheels are sweet :icon_thumleft: .

Guest skokos
20's look just right on a big car like the 740. Those wheels are sweet :icon_thumleft: .

Thanks buddy! ya..i think on a different car 20's might be to big but i think the 740il will handle them just fine! i had a friend put 22's on his CLS55 AMG and that was kind of pushing it but i think they will fit nicely on the 7!

im still waiting to see if theres anything else around but i think a $1000 for 4 new 20'' rims is going to be hard to find a better deal!

What do you guys think?

Yikes, those are "gangsta"... Don't cheap out on wheels, they're a rather important part of your car. Buy QUALITY, and quality isn't the cheapest you can find... I've never even heard of "Ruff Racing" wheels.

Tirerack has 20" ASA AR1 wheels for $230 a piece. My friend has them on his M3 (those are 19s on his car). ASA isnt a no name brand either, they are actually made my BBS.

asa_ar1_ci3_l.jpg

3263246d.jpg

Alright, how about this... :icon_mrgreen:

2637737_1_full.jpg

I would trust ASA just as equally as Ruff Racing. I don't believe quality difference unless there is a difference as to how they are made (three piece, forged, etc.) 1K for a set of 4? That is a steal, I would buy them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skokos

Ive had the car a week now and have never known a love like BMW.

Its powerful,fast,elegant,sporty. there is nothing more i could want from a car! (except for it to be a lamborghini ;)

i did get a magical scuff on my lower front bumper but its not noticable,only i know its there because i spent 6 hours waxing this weekend! hope you guys like it!

DSC_0147.jpgDSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0167.jpgDSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Ive had the car a week now and have never known a love like BMW.

Its powerful,fast,elegant,sporty. there is nothing more i could want from a car! (except for it to be a lamborghini ;)

i did get a magical scuff on my lower front bumper but its not noticable,only i know its there because i spent 6 hours waxing this weekend! hope you guys like it!

DSC_0147.jpgDSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0167.jpgDSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Nice ride and room for a gaggle of hotties! Perfect for you!

help - I can't edit the repeat photos out - sorry!