Some pics from my weekend trial Vantage

Mike_S

I didn't have high regards of the Vantage and the dealer said I would change my mind after having the car for a few days. So far so good! Will be getting to do some proper driving today and I'll give some feedback on my opinions on the car.

IMG_2748.jpg

The dash and dials looks amazing. In case, are you going to add it or change it with another car?

Will probaby ad a Vantage Roadster ;)

IMG_2754.jpg

Nice !!!!!!!!! I've thought about switching the coupe for the roadster but for now I'm very happy with coupe. I've had mine since Feb. Are you driving a 6-speed or the new F-1 tranny. I'm curious to know your thoughts on the F-1 if thats what you have.

HI Mike

My friend just had one of the first UK Roadsters delivered a couple of days ago. First time I have really been in a AMV8 and I gotta say it was really nippy through traffic in the congested london streets. It comes in at just under the £100k mark with a few options, so is pricey. He had a AMV8 vantage previously and said they handle very similar.

Cheers

Mandeep

amv8roadster_1.JPG

amv8roadster2.JPG

HI Mike

My friend just had one of the first UK Roadsters delivered a couple of days ago. First time I have really been in a AMV8 and I gotta say it was really nippy through traffic in the congested london streets. It comes in at just under the £100k mark with a few options, so is pricey. He had a AMV8 vantage previously and said they handle very similar.

Cheers

Mandeep

I have not seen a convt in person yet but dam that one looks bad. I need to see if the local dealer has one yet and go check it out.

AJ

I have put a post under the UK section marked tunnel run, it contains a link that has some more pics of the roadster from diff angles.

Cheers

Mandeep

I've always wondered, isn't it weird driving with a tacho that goes counter-clockwise?

Not at all. You get used to is very quickly!

Nice !!!!!!!!! I've thought about switching the coupe for the roadster but for now I'm very happy with coupe. I've had mine since Feb. Are you driving a 6-speed or the new F-1 tranny. I'm curious to know your thoughts on the F-1 if thats what you have.

I got a 6 speed, but they had the launch of the Roadster this past Thursday evening, that has the F1 tranny - will test drive it and let you know.

By the way AJ, have you pulled out Fuse 22 in yours yet? I specifically requested this one to have it removed and it sounds amazing! Like old V8 muscle!

HI Mike

Cheers

Mandeep

Wow, they are delivering in UK already?! We get first deliveries in September.

Beautiful Mike. Anychance you can PM a hi res version of this picture?

Sure, when I get home I'll post one. On wireless link atm and it's not that quick.

I got a 6 speed, but they had the launch of the Roadster this past Thursday evening, that has the F1 tranny - will test drive it and let you know.

By the way AJ, have you pulled out Fuse 22 in yours yet? I specifically requested this one to have it removed and it sounds amazing! Like old V8 muscle!

Excuse my ignorance but whats Fuse 22?

I took mine out the first week I had the car. It does sound incredible. I can imagine what it sounds like in a convertible with the top down.

Excuse my ignorance but whats Fuse 22?
\

Its a fuse that is in the fuse box thats in the trunk area. When removed it leaves the flap system open on the exhuast at all times instead of only openeing at 4k RPM's or whatever RPM's it says they open at. Creates a very nice exhuast note at all engine RPM's at any speed in any gear.

Its a fuse that is in the fuse box thats in the trunk area. When removed it leaves the flap system open on the exhuast at all times instead of only openeing at 4k RPM's or whatever RPM's it says they open at. Creates a very nice exhuast note at all engine RPM's at any speed in any gear.

I made short video, just waiting for it to process on Youtube.

Here's some more pics.

AMV1.jpg

AMV2.jpg

AMV3.jpg

no problem only a pleasure!

I also had the same misconceptions about the sound, not nearly what I expected!

\

Is it like this with all cars? if so i want it done to my 5-series :)

P.S. Once removed can it be put back afterwards?

Is it like this with all cars? if so i want it done to my 5-series :)

P.S. Once removed can it be put back afterwards?

I don't know about other cars, only on the vantage and the G that I know of. Go to the M5 board and ask overthere, they might know.