mods to my M5??

SV-N-IT

Just ordered some badass 20's, H&R springs, and Hartge front and rear skirts.

I was thinking about pulley, exhaust, chip, etc...

anyone that has experience with these cars, please chime in.

PS i hate that m5 board....

I can't recommend you an exact exhaust to buy, but I have heard one with straight pipes :icon_pray: . It might be a little too loud for a daily driver though. It sounded amazing :icon_pray: .

Just ordered some badass 20's, H&R springs, and Hartge front and rear skirts.

I was thinking about pulley, exhaust, chip, etc...

anyone that has experience with these cars, please chime in.

PS i hate that m5 board....

I'd call the boys at SP, not kidding. I've been in one of their M5's it look fantastic, and was very nice.

The Mboard is the place to go to find the best info. Imo, the M5 looks great in stock/sleeper mode. The ecu upgrade that active sells is bogus..... the only benifit from all the ecu guys is the speed limiter removal. Several modders have taken their cars to the strip. The best time I have seen is 12.10 at 118 mph. I ran a 12.3 at 116mph stock.

One free mod/delete you can do your self is to remove the secondary charcol air filters. That one will get you another 10hp. Takes around 10 minutes.

The Mboard is the place to go to find the best info. Imo, the M5 looks great in stock/sleeper mode. The ecu upgrade that active sells is bogus..... the only benifit from all the ecu guys is the speed limiter removal. Several modders have taken their cars to the strip. The best time I have seen is 12.10 at 118 mph. I ran a 12.3 at 116mph stock.

One free mod/delete you can do your self is to remove the secondary charcol air filters. That one will get you another 10hp. Takes around 10 minutes.

good info, thanks.

have you heard anything about the pulley system?

Bernard,

The only reason I recommended them is because I have had them work on a couple of my past BMW's here is the software dyno....Blue: Baseline, Red: Software, Green: Sotware, Headers, High flow cats.

-mike

post-679-1181835938_thumb.jpg

Bernard,

The only reason I recommended them is because I have had them work on a couple of my past BMW's here is the software dyno....Blue: Baseline, Red: Software, Green: Sotware, Headers, High flow cats.

-mike

The typical M5 baselines at 420 hp and 290/300ftlbs torque. One of the M5board members bought an Active ecu upgrade, went to the strip and saw no improvement on time or trap speed. I can't comment about their other products, which are probably good. I am a big sceptic about aftermarket ecu upgrades for NA cars.

The typical M5 baselines at 420 hp and 290/300ftlbs torque. One of the M5board members bought an Active ecu upgrade, went to the strip and saw no improvement on time or trap speed. I can't comment about their other products, which are probably good. I am a big sceptic about aftermarket ecu upgrades for NA cars.

I see. Any of these guys tried there exhaust?

I see. Any of these guys tried there exhaust?

Dunno, most of the guys use hartge, Eisenmann, tubi

Hamann has a kit.

ECU and Full Exhaust mod. Offers about 540hp. Complete de-limit. Dunno what hp on wheels??