Airstrip event? Lets do it!

How, or where can we organise an event similar to the one that GUsfag on M5boards does? Any ideas on location? Who would be up for it?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_super: :icon_super: I would be up for it. We need to find a long 2 mile airstrip or rent a public road and close it. If we made this a chariity event, the cops/local authorities would probably ok it. As for locations, out west would be cool with me. I am looking for a good excuse to ship the car out that way for a few months.

:icon_super: :icon_super: I would be up for it. We need to find a long 2 mile airstrip or rent a public road and close it. If we made this a chariity event, the cops/local authorities would probably ok it. As for locations, out west would be cool with me. I am looking for a good excuse to ship the car out that way for a few months.

See! What did I tell....Just you and me........ I posted about an event in Cali a few weeks ago, and not one person responded to it.

Im thinking, during the silverstate classic they do a 1 mile run. Id be interested in that, not the 90mile flat out run to kill yourself. But you dont race against another, and the altitude kills your times.

Where are you thinking? Local?

We are thinking anywhere within reason, where we could be safe.

Arizona would be good. There has to be someplace we can go relatively close to hear that has a long enough road to have some fun on. Towards Sedona there are soo many empty roads. We need to go exploring and find them. Between my house, and Ajglobals wharehouse, we can store quite a few cars for people who wanna come.

We are thinking anywhere within reason, where we could be safe.

I knew of an event like what you are thinking at a closed Airforce base. Not sure they have any around here. Tons of liability issues on the open road.

I knew of an event like what you are thinking at a closed Airforce base. Not sure they have any around here. Tons of liability issues on the open road.

Even if we found a road, in the middle of nowhere, we could do it.

Guest skokos

that sounds awesome! i have a friend and if we set it far enough out i could provide a M6 or a Kleeman cls55 amg

Guest skokos

what kind of cars do you want involved?

what kind of cars do you want involved?

Im thinking Hondas with fart cans, certainly the corvette club, the Mustang club..... WHAT THE fcuk KIND OF CARS DO YOU THINK WE WANT? :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall: :eusa_wall:

Guest skokos

I Was hoping for a list,that way it might help people spread the word and people with the right kind of exotics could come.

:eusa_think:

I Was hoping for a list,that way it might help people spread the word and people with the right kind of exotics could come.

:eusa_think:

Plastic mess-06, SLR, LP640, M5, M6, Murci, All times of Gallardos, 997TT, F430, 599GTB just to name a few....

Guest skokos

when gustav does his events doesnt he get certain types of cars people want to see run against each other??

I have always wanted to do an event like that. I must have called about 20 different small and big airports in the area. Agreed to buy whatever liability insurance they would want, but no airport agreed so far.

If we get traction on this, we need to invite the online enemies over at fchat, 6speed etc. As for running stock, Lambos, Fcars, CGT, FGT, SLR, Enzo, Bugatti would be cool and possibly tuned porshes Vipers?? and last but not least a M5/M6 whipping boy. :icon_mrgreen:

If we get traction on this, we need to invite the online enemies over at fchat, 6speed etc. As for running stock, Lambos, Fcars, CGT, FGT, SLR, Enzo, Bugatti would be cool and possibly tuned porshes Vipers?? and last but not least a M5/M6 whipping boy. :icon_mrgreen:

Anything cool, and exotic. We could even include the occasional tuned NSX, Supra etc, BUT I dont want to turn it into 1500rwhp Vipers, POS VEttes, cause then you also get the wrong crowd. Im thinking Lambos, SLR's, certain AMG cars, GUSFAG in a M5pos, Ferraris,(gotta have a 308 vs bicycle race!) Porsche CGT's. We dont really want to get into heavily modifed cars, cause well, that kinda boring. Id like to see TT GALLARDO vs Enzo, CGT, hopefully my SLR etc. Id like to put to rest all the bullshit matchups that have been discussed in the past. Lp640vs SLR, Gallardo vs 430 etc etc.

And guys, we can certainly do this event, but we need participants. Im certain SP will get involved.

Even if we found a road, in the middle of nowhere, we could do it.

Lots of 2-3 mile long roads in the middle of nowhere around the Congress, Yarnell, Vulture Mine area. I've been out there a few times to do high speed runs. Only problem is it's a long way to civilization should anything go wrong.

I think it would also be cool, to see some classic matchups. Like the cars we dreamed about as kids, (atleast some of us did), say Countach QV vs Testarossa, 308 vs Jalopy, 92 Diablo vs 92 512TR etc etc.

I am going to devote some time and effort into this. I think it could be AWESOME.

I think it would also be cool, to see some classic matchups. Like the cars we dreamed about as kids, (atleast some of us did), say Countach QV vs Testarossa, 308 vs Jalopy, 92 Diablo vs 92 512TR etc etc.

I am going to devote some time and effort into this. I think it could be AWESOME.

I'll bring out the CT. :icon_thumleft: