Honda S2000's

Destructo

Had an 01 with a blower on it. 300rwhp, and dead reliable. All I did in 25k boosted miles was change the oil.

A little twitchy, especially when the stock S02s are worn. Switch to S03s in a slightly wider rear to drastically improve wet traction.

The blower retained stock drive characteristics, and driveability. Little below 6000rpm, but the crossover was a lot more violent.

Loved it. Miss it sometimes.

GEt a Nissan Z Roadster you won't be disappointed :icon_mrgreen:

Yes he will. :icon_mrgreen:

I was dead set on buying a 6 speed G35 coupe last year, test drove it and liked it. I was most likely going to go that direction...

Then my longtime friend who moved to Miami urged me to drive a GTO. He test drove an automatic and loved it but couldn't buy it at the time. I figured why not...his automotive taste I trust without thinking, so it had to be done.

Got to test drive it, and right away from the feel of the shifter, sound of the motor, torque, etc. knew it was the one to buy....the next 10 minutes of driving was simply confirming that decision. A year later and I'm not disappointed....the refinement for this level of car is also very nice.

I would recommend to all serious enthusiasts looking to buy a daily driver in that price range to seriously consider the car, and test drive one. With 400 hp/400lb-ft with a stock exhaust sounding better than a stock C6, you are either IN or NOT very quickly....

And even if the car isn't ultimately your thing, it'll be a fun drive.

The thing to remember is that a GTO isn't a GTO nor a Pontiac, it's a Holden Monaro rebadged. As such, the car's character is a nice mix of something european and something domestic. The interior and driving style is something way outside of Detroit....outside of the motor, it doesn't feel domestic that much.

We all may know this fact as auto enthusiasts, but until you experience one, your mind is unconsciously biased AGAINST the car....sad as it is.

As for the other choices in the price range:

Mustang GT - cool car, looks nice....but not a class leader in power/handling/braking/etc....and everyone has this car.

G35 Coupe - very nice looking, luxurious, girls like it...nice steering, brakes...power is ok, no torque

350Z - similar to the G35 I guess

Evo/STI - great handling, sporty....good power.....but the image not for everyone

S2000 - convertible, 2 seater....only true sports car in the category....if torque not an issue, a great choice. I enjoyed my few minutes seat time with an S2K....but as has been repeated a million times, this car to be fully enjoyed needs to be driven aggressively.

What else is there?

What else is there?

Saturn Sky?

The thing to remember is that a GTO isn't a GTO nor a Pontiac, it's a Holden Monaro rebadged. As such, the car's character is a nice mix of something european and something domestic.
So what exactly is European about an Australian car?

So what exactly is European about an Australian car?

If you want to take the geography literally, the Austraulian culture inherits from British culture...and the dashboard, pedals, shifter and seats of their cars seem to reflect a more European style than American.

IMHO.

My wife has a 06. Its a fun car. On a very curve road it would leave my Diablo for dead. Come to Vegas and you can take it for a spin.

Count on it :icon_mrgreen: Thanks for the offer

owned one, great quality etc...but like others said, NO torque...a C6 is a nice vert imo. a 2008 even more so.

owned one, great quality etc...but like others said, NO torque...a C6 is a nice vert imo. a 2008 even more so.

I drove a C6 vert, and to be honest, i wasn't impressed, i didn't like it. Typical GM clutch, interior felt like i was in a Corsica, and i hated the seating position. I know people love them, and hey, that's fine. But not for me

Forget the S-Two Daryl, post up videos of the FROG!!

Dave 1 word for you if you do get an s2000. Hardtop. HARDTOP!! Then again, when was the last time you sat yourself in that car? Can you fit without hitting the roof?