FIRE UPDATE - NOT GOOD!

MANG

FIRE UPDATE!!! Sorry I hijacked the CT thread for this update, but things are all of a sudden really bad again in South Lake Tahoe. I am going to repost and tell you the story of the past hour.

so today I head down to the beach - have the day off and chill in the shade and watch the steady flow of 'old' smoke just plume into the atmosphere, lake flat as glass. Around 2:30 I phoned my friend/roomate (he has unselfishly put me up for the past 5.5 months while my house that suffered water damage in January is rebuilt) - he is the Fire Commissioner in Incline, he told me on the phone that he and his girlfriend (professional photographer) toured the damaged neighborhoods, says he has amazing photos, even mentioned two Porsche's burnt to toast, not sure if he got a photo of that, but he did snap a shot of a Sunbeam Alpine that was crushed by chemicals??? not sure exactly what he meant. (He knows I am a car nut) He was talking to me from the South Lake Airport where he was watching 12 helicopters shuttling baskets of retardant and water onto the fire. I am not kidding, WHILE we were talking the wind started up and I watched the fire literally remount and fresh burn smoke flumes are filling the sky as I speak. I told him from my perspective - from the north shore the fire had flared back and he and his gal better get the hell out of there. I rushed home to check the news. FKing local tv has DR FKING PHIL on and hasn't interrupted the show yet to inform - FK!

I HAVE TRIED TO PHONE MY FRIEND BACK 4 TIMES AND LEFT HIM VOICE MESSAGES SAYING GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!

I HAVE NOT REACHED HIM OR HEARD BACK - I AM VERY VERY CONCERNED!!!!!

Finally getting news coverage - they are fighting this fire like mad still, but dealing with new flare ups, apparently people are not in danger, but evacuations are underway. I am sure my friend is in there getting quite a show. I will post photos as soon as he gets back.

Just heard from my friend he is home safe and I am going to check out these photos taken today - stay tuned. Meanwhile the fire is burning out of control!

Damn.. sorry to hear. Hope the damage is not too much afterall and no lives get affected.

Do post those pictures whenever you get a chance... GOOD LUCK!

alright - here are photos from today - the first ones show what I saw from the north shore when it flared back up. The Sunbeam is covered by fire retardant dropped from helicopters and tankers. These are taken by my buddy, not the professional photographer, haven't seen her's yet. I'll post them if she makes them available to me....

post-9329-1182900578_thumb.jpg

trying again...bummer can't download the photos of the Sunbeam covered in red retardant and the entire home it is parked in front of! This is not turning out very good. I can't seem to download ANY photos.

Damn! I'll keep trying....I have about 60 photos too!

trying again...bummer can't download the photos of the Sunbeam covered in red retardant and the entire home it is parked in front of! This is not turning out very good. I can't seem to download ANY photos.

Damn! I'll keep trying....I have about 60 photos too!

It might be because they're very big. Try resizing them.

how the fcuk do you download photos on here that are bigger than 2mb? I have a MacBook and the photos are sitting here ready to dowload and I am illiterate!

how the fcuk do you download photos on here that are bigger than 2mb? I have a MacBook and the photos are sitting here ready to dowload and I am illiterate!

http://imagevenue.com/

Click on that... upload the pictures and choose to resize them to 800.

When its done it will give you links to the resized pictures... just copy paste them in the reply window here.

since I am a fcuking spaz on this computer - and shrinking photos is not my bag baby, I've included the only photos that are small enough to download for now. There are some good ones. I want you to see a photo of a soccer mom van that has a MELTED motor running all over the ground - bizarre, eventually I will get the photos shrunk and posted and thanks Hovik for the link, but I downloaded a bunch of photos on your link and they just wouldn't go anywhere??

Again - user (me) is a spaz! But I like Lambo's :icon_mrgreen:

post-9329-1182903096_thumb.jpg

post-9329-1182903272_thumb.jpg

since I am a fcuking spaz on this computer - and shrinking photos is not my bag baby, I've included the only photos that are small enough to download for now. There are some good ones. I want you to see a photo of a soccer mom van that has a MELTED motor running all over the ground - bizarre, eventually I will get the photos shrunk and posted and thanks Hovik for the link, but I downloaded a bunch of photos on your link and they just wouldn't go anywhere??

Again - user (me) is a spaz! But I like Lambo's :icon_mrgreen:

Ok try this one... its very simple...

Click on this

http://www.resizepictures.com/users.php?action=Login

click BROWSE and find the picture you want resized. Then click upload.

When its done you'll get multiple options on how big you want the picture. Click on the 800x600 and it'll give you the resized picture.

Save it in your computer and upload it to Lambo Power.

Ok try this one... its very simple...

Click on this

http://www.resizepictures.com/users.php?action=Login

click BROWSE and find the picture you want resized. Then click upload.

When its done you'll get multiple options on how big you want the picture. Click on the 800x600 and it'll give you the resized picture.

Save it in your computer and upload it to Lambo Power.

huh? I need a computer whiz who knows wTF they are doing to do this for me :icon_mrgreen:

sorry for now :eusa_wall:

huh? I need a computer whiz who knows wTF they are doing to do this for me :icon_mrgreen:

I tried. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice pictures btw! It must be scary to be there right now.

I am trying to e-mail Tommy two more photos - one is the Sunbeam Alpine - ouch and the other is the melted aluminum motor that just dripped and dried on the ground from the heat. Hopefully this will work. Good news - apparently the fire is back under control!! Tommy - thanks and please post those photos for me :eusa_wall:

I am trying to e-mail Tommy two more photos - one is the Sunbeam Alpine - ouch and the other is the melted aluminum motor that just dripped and dried on the ground from the heat. Hopefully this will work. Good news - apparently the fire is back under control!! Tommy - thanks and please post those photos for me :eusa_wall:

Bim & Bam.

IMG_1741b.jpg

IMG_1753b.jpg

the house this Sunbeam was parked in front of was one of the lucky ones - the house was spared, but the whole house and the car were doused with nasty retardant. Got to be heartbreaking for those people trying to figure out what to save and how to do it. Thanks Tommy. There are loads of photos, but these give you the idea. I am done for now. If things flare up tomorrow (wind is expected) - I will keep you all posted. Back to CARS and NAKED CHICKS :icon_super:

Hopefully not too many "Countach style" replicas, go up in smoke. :icon_mrgreen:

word is things are under control at 'ground zero' the winds never really materialized today. There is concern with the absolute biggest event of the year in Tahoe - the July 4th celebration is right around the corner and it is touch and go whether South shore will be accessible to tourists, etc. on top of the natural disaster - the follow up economic disaster is going to hurt South Lake Tahoe for sure.

I am going to post a nice CT photo to get back on track, someone else post one too please - preferably a BLUE CT - my favorite color :icon_super:

post-9329-1182994824_thumb.jpg

Serious question: Do you use an Apple or a Windows PC?

And to think, according to Al Gore and the GW threat, it is only going to get worse.

Serious question: Do you use an Apple or a Windows PC?

Both, Dell desktop and Mac Powerbook. I've had no problems with either. It took some getting used to OS X after not having had a Mac for about 10 yrs, but now it's fine.