You will love this. Lamborghini F1 on Track at Willow

charliex

OK I found the video I shot in December 2000 of Rusty West bringing his F1 Lambo to the track. They tried to start it for about an hour. Reminded me of playing with RC cars. But they finally got it running and he had some fun with it. I had my red 355 on the track that day haha... Also I did 30 laps in Rusty's SVR that day. That day he showed up with the F1 car, a 360 Challange, and 2 lambo racecars he bought from a french team..

This was back at the Dot com apex when the toys were free flowin... Enjoy

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=racedayjk4.flv

I love that car!!!! They made 3 or 4? One is in the factory museum. I would love to see one in person. Does he still have it? Has he ever considered selling?

Does anyone have information on these cars. I know there are a handful of Lamborghini powered F1 cars. These 3 or 4 true Lamborghini F1 cars are the most beautiful F1 cars I have ever seen. If only they kept following that line of thinking. I wonder what they could have done and what they would have made.....

formula_lamb1.jpg

formula_lamb3.jpg

formula_lamb4.jpg

formula_lamb_engine2.jpg

God, that was slow!

Even for club standards.

Guess he was afraid of blowing it.

Think Chad's got parts?

BEEEEEEuuuuutiful Tyrrell!

God, that was slow!

Even for club standards.

Guess he was afraid of blowing it.

Think Chad's got parts?

:iamwithstupid:

Slow is an understatement.For a 360 to keep up with an F1 car is a disgrace.You could lap the entire field in 2nd gear while sipping on a coffee :icon_mrgreen:

The unoffiical story was that Lamborghini were not satisfied with the chassis. They approached Mclaren for a one off test, with an un-painted car to see how the engine performed in another chassis. ISTR that they shared some sponsors or technical support.

By all accounts it was considered good enough, but for some reason Chrysler pulled the programme.

Additionally, ISTR that a number of engines along with technical drawings were sold off by the factory last year, in an F1 related auction, e.g. Bonhams, etc.

http://www.forix.com/8w/mc-lambo.html

Link to F1 engine sale: http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=101158