Im thinking of getting this

topcabron

I like it!

not a big fan of the color, always looked a bit faded too me. Nice car though

Those are fun little cars. Regarding the color, I recall yellow being THE M3 color in the 90s. It would go swell with the yellow Diablo :icon_thumleft: .

'

That car looks very clean.

Throw some dark dark tint on there and that used to be the dream car of my ex, plus you just cant ever go wrong with a bimmer!

Big Hunk of JUNK. Had two e36's, both were HUGE headaches. My E46 with smg2 is an unbelievable improvment, and thank god for the warranty.

Big Hunk of JUNK. Had two e36's, both were HUGE headaches. My E46 with smg2 is an unbelievable improvment, and thank god for the warranty.

What went wrong? What was a HUGE headache?

These cars seem so simple compared to the E46. I had the E46 M3 and it was one of the best, trouble free cars Ive owned.

This particular car has documentation for most of its life, along with some tasteful mods.

Would really like to hear the negatives before I go spending my money. BTW, this car has about 75,000 miles.

I've had so many problems with the cars, I dont know where to start. I had big problems with leaking shocks, leaking Oil, cloth heat shields kept falling apart, Engine mounts replaced 2-3 times (BIG PROBLEM WITH MANY E36 Cars) diff. leakage, new Radiator (sides cracked), hoses expanded, header exhaust leakage causing engine cover and other plastics to warp in engine compartment. Left Window regulator went bad, knobs broke, CD Player Broke, Constant Airbag light, Airbag module replaced, climate control problems, bushings replaced, O2 sensors, Blown head gasket, clutch made some weird noises (sold the car owner aware) Brake and Rotors replaced after 20k miles (Common problem with all BMW's) Many squeaks and rattles

I can go on and on, But in the end you will buy what you want to buy. I personally wont buy another E36.

If you buy, buy a car completely OEM, many E36 M3's with problems put aftermarket parts after common failures (koni shocks, Shock failure Etc) Urethane Engine Mounts (engine mounts need replacing) Angel Eyes (Headlight Warpage) ***Aftermarket Clutch BIG NONO, unless other internals replaced also (clutch making a ticking noise, or damaged/fried) On this car OEM is the way to go.

I've had so many problems with the cars, I dont know where to start. I had big problems with leaking shocks, leaking Oil, cloth heat shields kept falling apart, Engine mounts replaced 2-3 times (BIG PROBLEM WITH MANY E36 Cars) diff. leakage, new Radiator (sides cracked), hoses expanded, header exhaust leakage causing engine cover and other plastics to warp in engine compartment. Left Window regulator went bad, knobs broke, CD Player Broke, Constant Airbag light, Airbag module replaced, climate control problems, bushings replaced, O2 sensors, Blown head gasket, clutch made some weird noises (sold the car owner aware) Brake and Rotors replaced after 20k miles (Common problem with all BMW's) Many squeaks and rattles

I can go on and on, But in the end you will buy what you want to buy. I personally wont buy another E36.

If you buy, buy a car completely OEM, many E36 M3's with problems put aftermarket parts after common failures (koni shocks, Shock failure Etc) Urethane Engine Mounts (engine mounts need replacing) Angel Eyes (Headlight Warpage) ***Aftermarket Clutch BIG NONO, unless other internals replaced also (clutch making a ticking noise, or damaged/fried) On this car OEM is the way to go.

well, its good to know. I am open to a couple of cars. I will keep this information in mind. Thanks for the feedback. Welcome to the Valley. We will have to get together.

Sounds like you had lemons. I had a couple friends with them and they never had that many issues. They are however pricey to fix compared to cars in its price range.

Sheesh, I must have had a good one. I bought one new in 1997, sold it in 1999 with 35,000 miles on it and never had a single problem.

I love it! Buy it, supercharge it, and drive it!

+1

M3's are fantastic, solid cars. That one looks good too, I say go for it!