Still Crazy after all these years

Roman

:icon_mrgreen:

One of the most sucssesful bmw's in racing history.One of my favorite cars, even after about 20 years.

Automobile Magazine has named my beloved E30 M3 as one 25 greatest cars of all time....

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/08...rs-of-all-time/

Your car is also serving other purposes. Because I have a coil over suspension on Emily's M3, I needed shorter sway link arms and the E30 M3's are the ones I need so new ones are being put on as we speak!!! :icon_super:

Just like an older brother helpin the younger one out!

The only real M3 imo.It is getting harder and harder to find an unmolested car these days as most of them have been modified for track use.I loved mine and drove the shit out of it.Now if only it had another 200hp.

if only it had another 200hp.

car-turbo.jpg

But seriously, I've heard nothing but great things about the older M3's...what is it that makes them so fantastic? Any owners/past owners care on elaborating?

car-turbo.jpg

But seriously, I've heard nothing but great things about the older M3's...what is it that makes them so fantastic? Any owners/past owners care on elaborating?

BMW made the street version of the M3 so that they would be eligible for racing.You have a car that is extremely well balanced,fabulous steering feel,easy to drive and forgiving at the same time.

BMW had a choice of motors and decided to use the 4 cyl for better weight distribution and obviously lighter car.As a result the car was underpowered and you needed to keep the revs up all the time to compensate for the lack of torque but it made up for it with the handling which was superb.

The only version that came to NA was the 192hp M3 but in Europe BMW offered some special editions with more HP and adjustable rear wing and front spoiler.The ultimate version was the sportevo which is the definitive M3 to own as they made 500 of them .It was only available in Europe,240hp,different wheels,red stripe around the body as opposed to black on the regular cars,slightly modified suspension.It is a real collectible as hardly any of them come up for sale.

The M3 is the most succesfull touring race car ever as it won more races than any other touring car during its life span.It is what legends are made of.

BMW made the street version of the M3 so that they would be eligible for racing.You have a car that is extremely well balanced,fabulous steering feel,easy to drive and forgiving at the same time.

BMW had a choice of motors and decided to use the 4 cyl for better weight distribution and obviously lighter car.As a result the car was underpowered and you needed to keep the revs up all the time to compensate for the lack of torque but it made up for it with the handling which was superb.

The only version that came to NA was the 192hp M3 but in Europe BMW offered some special editions with more HP and adjustable rear wing and front spoiler.The ultimate version was the sportevo which is the definitive M3 to own as they made 500 of them .It was only available in Europe,240hp,different wheels,red stripe around the body as opposed to black on the regular cars,slightly modified suspension.It is a real collectible as hardly any of them come up for sale.

The M3 is the most succesfull touring race car ever as it won more races than any other touring car during its life span.It is what legends are made of.

And only those with Yellow racing shoes dare to even attempt to tame said special edition! :icon_mrgreen:

Talk about turbo, 1988 e30 m3 dinan turbo, one of 2 in existance.

"The charts shown are the result: 238.4 horsepower at the rear wheels (translating to approximately 290 horsepower at the crank) and 250 ft/lbs of torque at the rear wheels). Even more power is possible from this engine (Dinan reported 320 HP as shown at the bottom of this page), but I have lowered the boost to 9 psi for reliable operation on premium 91 octane gas without risk of premature detonation. With higher boost of 12-15 psi and octane booster (or 94 octane gas) I have no doubt this setup would deliver well over 300 hp at the crank. I wanted a safe and relaible street car without stressing the engine and the current configuration delivers nicely."

http://heart.sdsu.edu/~website/M3/m3turbo.html

The cars amazing sound, look, and handling, its a real trip. Its not, "molested" its a race car converted to be a street car. The colors are awsome, and it looks sharp. I took a few pics, thought it might be nice to share.

Grill

post-7809-1187932090_thumb.jpg

Side

post-7809-1187933038_thumb.jpg

Nose

post-7809-1187932753_thumb.jpg

Badge

post-7809-1187932835_thumb.jpg

Front

post-7809-1187933198_thumb.jpg

Steering wheel

post-7809-1187932904_thumb.jpg

Some cool pictures, more on the site. Thanks for letting me share.

Morgan

not sure this car is suited for turboing; Im sure the motor can handle it, but I tend to think of cars with great hanlding prowess as those most suited to a nice NA torque curve...

Automobile Magazine has named my beloved E30 M3 as one 25 greatest cars of all time....

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/08...rs-of-all-time/

Congrats!

Erik, why don't you tell us how you feel about the car? What you like most about it.

Aram summarized it very well, but wanted to see if you had anything to add.

Congrats!

Erik, why don't you tell us how you feel about the car? What you like most about it.

Aram summarized it very well, but wanted to see if you had anything to add.

:iamwithstupid:

Would love to see a video too if you've got one!