Buying the red 6.0 from Premier of SF/Chris

theredbull

Thats what I'm here for! :icon_thumleft:

The reality is that I've seen 6.0s since Kevins purchase sell for even more than what he's paid. Did anyone see the blue 6.0 that sold for $189k at Prestige!? That car would make Kevins car worth $300K!

Ok, the first person to pay me 300K for my 6.0 wins and can drive it home today. And that's final.

Thats what I'm here for! :icon_thumleft:

The reality is that I've seen 6.0s since Kevins purchase sell for even more than what he's paid. Did anyone see the blue 6.0 that sold for $189k at Prestige!? That car would make Kevins car worth $300K!

The bright blue car with the chrome wheels ? Didn't that car have some bad stories that went with it ? If it sold for 189K and if they sell that high mile orange 6.0 for what they are asking for it on Ebay I am going to put mine on the market tomorrow for $275K.

To justify paying more for a good car ,factor in the true US imported production numbers, cars crashed over the past 6 years, bad history cars that are still on the road, and cars that just have a lot of wear and tear and I would bet there are less than 30 US 6.0s in the US today that would pass a personal inspection and a independent PPI. You can bank that for every 10 you look at you will be lucky to find 1 that meets your full expectations.

I got very lucky when I bought my 6.0. Bought it from the second owner 3 years ago (2004) who owned it for only 9 months (bad business decision and had to sell quick needed cash in 3 days) and put only 400 miles on it. First owner bought it new from Lambo SLC. When I got it it had 6,400 miles on it. It now has 14,500 flawless miles. Meticulously serviced and being keep the whole time it my climate controlled warehouse and is still show room new. When I open the door people think that the car is only 1 or 2 years old. One of those few absolutely no excuse 6.0's out there. And if you must ask I paid $167,500 - yes 3 years ago with 6,400 miles on it. When it comes to high ticket items I like buying things under one of the 3 “D’s”. Death, divorce or distress. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and those roof dents. They can come and go. I was going to try and take a picture of the small one I found on my roof the other day and now it's gone!

All the best with yours. You’ll love it. :icon_super:

I called Chris at Premier and told him the deal is off unless he sells the car to me for $170k, or I would walk away. Just kidding. The car should now arrive on Sunday. Thanks to all, and here is to looking to being part of the list.

Alex

I love my 6.0.

The only thing that sucks about it is, if you have another exotic you like to drive... you won't anymore!

Oh, and it has to be the 3rd cleanest, because mine is the first.

Just came across this post and I can tell you here in Europe it's the same story.... Since 2 years I've looking into buying a 6.0. Very hard to find a clean one at the right price.

I prefer an Orange 6.0, but the (high priced) one I looked at recently can be considered "destroyed". It spent the last 6 years on the parking lot of a car dealer in Germany as some kind of advertising object.

Metallic paint was completely flattened by sunshine / snow / rain / dirt.... leather on top of the dash was full of holes and in some locations allmost complety gone, it probably deteriorated because of overheating in the sun for many years. Service records showed no maintenance done for 4 years ! Warranty report from Lamborghini showed that they have been driving hard en long distance with the car with both check-engine lights, as a result very high exhaust temperatures melted the rear bumper....etc....etc...

Really guys it was shocking....

Tomorrow I'm going to have a look at a yellow 6.0 with 2-colour interior. It has an Affolter wing and that's not good IMO but anyway there are simply not that many options. In the pics I received the car looks clean, but my recent search has shown me that you should NEVER trust digital pics....

I've seen the reference to "high milage" several times. What do you guys think is high milage on a 6.0 ?

Anyone with experience in exporting a 6.0 from the States to Europe ?

I might have a better chance on finding an Orange 6.0 when looking overseas.... not much options left here i Europe.

I've seen the reference to "high milage" several times. What do you guys think is high milage on a 6.0 ?

What I would call high mileage and what a dealer would call it are two different things. With that said I would much rather purchase a driven car, than one that has been sitting for years.

I might have a better chance on finding an Orange 6.0 when looking overseas.... not much options left here i Europe.

I believe there were 20-30? Orange 6.0s sold in the US. Counting how many have been wrecked/repaired and sold to Japan, I can't imagine there are really that many more here! :eek3dance:

I would add one more thing. As part of the PPI have the dealer get you a copy of the LDAS readout which is a readout of the 2 engine computers. Then have someone NOT affiliated with Premier show you how to read it. This readout will tell you all kinds of things as to how the car has been treated. Whether or not it has been taken over redlline, run hard when it was cold, even if the driver missed a shift.

Do not trust this dealer or any dealer to be your friend! Some of our guys have had issues with Chris. Gracious or not, do not trust him. Do your "Due dilligence". You are about to go down a road full of potholes. I hope we have helped you to miss most of them and that you will have a good result.

Also, if the tires are more than 4 years old, mileage does not matter, get them replaced. Lamborghini recommends that. You may find that you cannot get the exact OEM tires and have to go to the new Rosso's. Expensive. Talk with someone about the tire issue for this AWD car. Goood Luck!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET AFTERMARKET SIDE MINI SKIRTS FOR THE 6.0 ? THANKS VINNY

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET AFTERMARKET SIDE MINI SKIRTS FOR THE 6.0 ? THANKS VINNY

I HAVE ONE REAL ONE! Passenger side. I MAY ALSO BE ABLE TO GET YOU A FIBERGLASS ONE FOR THE DRIVERS SIDE!

• 1 month later...
Still for sale. Theyve had it for sale for like a year.

Hey guys, no the car is not for sale. I had it shipped on September 18 and it has been with since, sort of. It went off to the Excalibur International in Denver for a complete, 1st class interior/exterior detail. Then off to Lamborghini of Denver to Todd, who had a post purchase inspection done per my agreement with Chris Kelly form Premier. The car, however turned out to be the nicest Diablo they had ever encountered, period.

The service records, fluids, computer read outs, etc. turned out very positive. That is not to say that it went completely clean. I did need to order in a new switch for the interior lights. Somehow it was functioning only with the off or on position, but in the interminent (to turn of the lights after 6 seconds once you get it) was not working and kept draining the battery if left in that position. So I think that was actually the problem in April 07 for the prior owner.

He had it towed and spent over 10K firstly for a new starter and while the engine was out had the clutch, etc. full service completed. Todd from Lamborghini of Denver said it was done very, very, well. He had not encountered a more thourough, clean job in the past.

Anyhow, a couple of issues that have come up. Chris Kelly at Premier still owes me a couple of items as the deal stipulated. The rear hood latch shroud was broken, but that was disclosed by them to begin with, but the part is on back order from Lamborghini, verified by Todd. I am waiting for a new rear, right shock as it is responding with an error most of the time, but occasionally, no error flashes and it adjusts properly.

While at Lambo of Denver waiting for Todd to get back from vacation, etc. I had a new exhaust installed. Holy crap, it makes the Diablo sound like nothing else I have heard before. I guess you also drop like 75 lbs., that stock muffler is like a suitcase. I can't believe that's what Lamborghini came up with to begin with. And by losing 2 cats, Todd told me you gain another 7-10% more horsepower, but I don't know about that for sure. Will have to consider a dyno run with the REnnlist guys (Porsche) when they go next time. It would be something to see over 600 hp! And I can have it fully refunded and replaced with the stock muffler for 30 days. I am very pleased with Todd, he really knows his lambos, thank goodness, since he is litellay the only tech in all of Colorado!!! Hope he doesn't move.

I will post pics soon, I just have been frickin' busier than shit. Remember guys, I am a lowly chef trying to get another restaurant opened up by December 1, how stupid of me, right in the middle of the holiday season. The other two restaurants I have, are getting booked up like mad., so I have been on the go all the time. No days off in sight here till next year probably. But that's how I justify having my cars, I guess. :eusa_dance:

So in the end, I absolutely love, love the diablo. The sales guys at Lamborghini of Denver want to buy it from me and put me into a Murci, but I told them know way! It just has no soul to me, the diablo 6.0, however, stirs the emotions.

Now, on the other hand, I want to ask your opinion about an extended warranty. Lambo of Denver gave me a copy of a Toyota warranty that will cover the '01 diablo for 3/36, no deductible, pretty complete for $4k. Should I do it. It seems that the diablo is in such great condition, knock on wood, that I may not spend that much, especially driving maybe 2500 miles in that time frame. Thoughts appreciated???

Thanks,

Alex G

sounds great Alex!

what exhaust did they put on it??

and dropping 2 cats gives you 7-10% more power?!?!?

sweet!!

I know what doing next time Im in for service :D

Wow so ironic, my brother in law and me were looking at that car, and we were also going to have Todd look at it at LOD.

Alex give me a PM I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Now, on the other hand, I want to ask your opinion about an extended warranty. Lambo of Denver gave me a copy of a Toyota warranty that will cover the '01 diablo for 3/36, no deductible, pretty complete for $4k. Should I do it. It seems that the diablo is in such great condition, knock on wood, that I may not spend that much, especially driving maybe 2500 miles in that time frame. Thoughts appreciated???

Congratulations on the car - sounds great!

I personally wouldn't take the warranty.