Buying the red 6.0 from Premier of SF/Chris

theredbull

Hello to all,

I have been on the other list for a bit. I guess I have actually spoken with a couple of people that live there too. Anyhow, I am having a PPI and planning to have the car transported in the next couple of days. Had the local dealer verify the service, etc and Chris has been very, very gracious and informative about the car. This vehicle did have the clutch done at 10k miles, since '91 are in miles not KM. as the owner had the engine out and decided to have the full works done. Initially the story is that the car was not starting, so a starter was diagnosed as faulty, and it went from there to over $10k in last service.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

'98 Porsche C2s

'94 Porsche C2 Cabriolet

'91 Ferrari TR

'01 Lambo Diablo 6.0 coming

Initially the story is that the car was not starting, so a starter was diagnosed as faulty, and it went from there to over $10k in last service.

welcome to the world of Lambo ownership! Just a word of advice, if you think the $10K was a lot of money, buy a newer car with a warranty. Whoever is doing your PPI, make sure they are not affiliated with the seller- that is meant for any seller. The 6.0's are beautiful cars- it's the only other Diablo, save for a GT, that I would trade my roadster for.

1. What local dealer did your PPI? Make sure they check the diff fluid.

2. Talk to the person who did the clutch and keep all reciepts

3. Insure for stated value. If you have good record and good credit, state farm and allstate can insure you for less than $1500 per year

4. Check all the carbon fiber trim for discoloring which is about the only thing I have heard from 6.0 owners. Buy aftermarket if you decide to replace any cf- you will have a heart attack when you see the OEM prices from Lamborghini.

5. How old are the tires and how many miles are on them?

6. Have the clutch rod replaced immediately with an aftermarket. I have the Custer rod and I have had no problems (I broke 2 rods before I got his)

7. Wouldn't hurt to put in a new battery and wire it for a tender

8. I found dumping thousands into a new stereo was a waste of my money. The engine will drown out your music and you will kill your battery if you pump your music while parked in accessory mode. However, my backup camera is priceless.

9. Does the car have all its tool bags and manuals?

10. Call a dealers service center and have them run the VIN for the service history

11. Don't forget a carfax

12. Check the wheels for any bends that may affect driving

13. Get rid of your muffler box and, if you can in your state, delete the secondary cats. Ask around about exhaust systems- you won't be sorry when you install.

14. If it has not had a recent fluid change within the last 6 months or 3,000 miles do that and change your air filters.

15. There are 6 shocks that can leak or stop adjusting. They cost $2500 each. That is really the only major flaw with the later Diablo but don't worry- there are now 2 people who can rebuild them for $500 each. I did mine and have had no problems.

16. Always remember that your car is awd and is not made for smoking the tires while at a stoplight. If you try to do this you will be doing another engine out very soon. Be good with your clutch and it will last you a long time.

17. Put your PPG paint color code somewhere and find a paint guy you trust. Once a year, take it in and have him touch up rock chips, etc. I highly recommend putting the 3M clear bra on your car if it isn't already on there. And you will scrape the underside of your front bumper- everyone does.

Abolfaz, one of the mods, and Lamborghinikid are both 6.0 owners on this forum and I'm sure if you PM them they will provide you with a wealth of information on that model.

Hope this helps. As for Chris, he is a former sponsor on LP. Just like any other car you would buy, get a PPI from someone who knows these cars. It doesn't matter what the dealer is like- do your due diligence and get that PPI!

And one last thing- be prepared to spend a lot of time answering questions from the people who will mob you. It's like Disneyland on wheels- people go nuts- especially women of all ages. Have fun with your new ride!

welcome to the world of Lambo ownership! Just a word of advice, if you think the $10K was a lot of money, buy a newer car with a warranty. Whoever is doing your PPI, make sure they are not affiliated with the seller- that is meant for any seller. The 6.0's are beautiful cars- it's the only other Diablo, save for a GT, that I would trade my roadster for.

1. What local dealer did your PPI? Make sure they check the diff fluid.

2. Talk to the person who did the clutch and keep all reciepts

3. Insure for stated value. If you have good record and good credit, state farm and allstate can insure you for less than $1500 per year

4. Check all the carbon fiber trim for discoloring which is about the only thing I have heard from 6.0 owners. Buy aftermarket if you decide to replace any cf- you will have a heart attack when you see the OEM prices from Lamborghini.

5. How old are the tires and how many miles are on them?

6. Have the clutch rod replaced immediately with an aftermarket. I have the Custer rod and I have had no problems (I broke 2 rods before I got his)

7. Wouldn't hurt to put in a new battery and wire it for a tender

8. I found dumping thousands into a new stereo was a waste of my money. The engine will drown out your music and you will kill your battery if you pump your music while parked in accessory mode. However, my backup camera is priceless.

9. Does the car have all its tool bags and manuals?

10. Call a dealers service center and have them run the VIN for the service history

11. Don't forget a carfax

12. Check the wheels for any bends that may affect driving

13. Get rid of your muffler box and, if you can in your state, delete the secondary cats. Ask around about exhaust systems- you won't be sorry when you install.

14. If it has not had a recent fluid change within the last 6 months or 3,000 miles do that and change your air filters.

15. There are 6 shocks that can leak or stop adjusting. They cost $2500 each. That is really the only major flaw with the later Diablo but don't worry- there are now 2 people who can rebuild them for $500 each. I did mine and have had no problems.

16. Always remember that your car is awd and is not made for smoking the tires while at a stoplight. If you try to do this you will be doing another engine out very soon. Be good with your clutch and it will last you a long time.

17. Put your PPG paint color code somewhere and find a paint guy you trust. Once a year, take it in and have him touch up rock chips, etc. I highly recommend putting the 3M clear bra on your car if it isn't already on there. And you will scrape the underside of your front bumper- everyone does.

Abolfaz, one of the mods, and Lamborghinikid are both 6.0 owners on this forum and I'm sure if you PM them they will provide you with a wealth of information on that model.

Hope this helps. As for Chris, he is a former sponsor on LP. Just like any other car you would buy, get a PPI from someone who knows these cars. It doesn't matter what the dealer is like- do your due diligence and get that PPI!

And one last thing- be prepared to spend a lot of time answering questions from the people who will mob you. It's like Disneyland on wheels- people go nuts- especially women of all ages. Have fun with your new ride!

I would add one more thing. As part of the PPI have the dealer get you a copy of the LDAS readout which is a readout of the 2 engine computers. Then have someone NOT affiliated with Premier show you how to read it. This readout will tell you all kinds of things as to how the car has been treated. Whether or not it has been taken over redlline, run hard when it was cold, even if the driver missed a shift.

Do not trust this dealer or any dealer to be your friend! Some of our guys have had issues with Chris. Gracious or not, do not trust him. Do your "Due dilligence". You are about to go down a road full of potholes. I hope we have helped you to miss most of them and that you will have a good result.

Also, if the tires are more than 4 years old, mileage does not matter, get them replaced. Lamborghini recommends that. You may find that you cannot get the exact OEM tires and have to go to the new Rosso's. Expensive. Talk with someone about the tire issue for this AWD car. Goood Luck!

Thank you for the advice and words of wisdom. I will follow your instructions carefully. I understand the world of Lambo and Diablo, and will do my due dilligence.

Alex

Thank you for the advice and words of wisdom. I will follow your instructions carefully. I understand the world of Lambo and Diablo, and will do my due dilligence.

Alex

I agree with the above. Don't believe what you hear. Check it out.

The 6.0 is the best car (IMO) that lamborghini ever built, I know the car that you are buying personally and can attest to its condition AS THE CLEANEST 6.0 THAT I HAD EVER SEEN, no matter who you're buying it from. Beachbummed brings up some VERY good points, everything must be checked out, I got to see the car on the lift when it was at the local lamborghini dealer having an issue with the radio taken care of and mentioned online that I was nearly in tears because I wasn't able to purchase the car for myself at the time!

The 6.0 is the best car (IMO) that lamborghini ever built, I know the car that you are buying personally and can attest to its condition AS THE CLEANEST 6.0 THAT I HAD EVER SEEN, no matter who you're buying it from. Beachbummed brings up some VERY good points, everything must be checked out, I got to see the car on the lift when it was at the local lamborghini dealer having an issue with the radio taken care of and mentioned online that I was nearly in tears because I wasn't able to purchase the car for myself at the time!

Thanks guys. Had a few more conversations with Chris and we are under way. I do believe that this will be a professional and happy purchase on my behalf. Let you know and post some pics when the car arrives.

Alex

issue with the radio??

any idea what it was and how it got fixed??

my radio sucks, only pics up a handfull of local stations. Lambo of Ohio said they looked at it and its fine, just how the Lambo radio is

Im looking into ways to actually get all stations.

The radio that comes in the 6.0 is a PIECE OF GARBAGE. It has no business being in a ghetto low rider let alone a LAMBORGHINI!

I may have an issue with Chris, but I have not ever seen him buy any STORY cars. Usually he buys nice clean cars and sells at a premium.

I may have an issue with Chris, but I have not ever seen him buy any STORY cars. Usually he buys nice clean cars and sells at a premium.

Both Premier and Cats had the exact same car for sale at the same time (both red 6.0) there's a reason why one sold for more money while the other just sits...

:iamwithstupid:

issue with the radio??

any idea what it was and how it got fixed??

my radio sucks, only pics up a handfull of local stations. Lambo of Ohio said they looked at it and its fine, just how the Lambo radio is

Im looking into ways to actually get all stations.

Mine is the same. Needs some type of FM booster I guess. My 99 gets way better reception.

After many discussions with Chris and various chatlist memeber, along with a PPI, the car is being shipped on Thursday and will get to Denver on Friday. Will post pics when the car arrives. Evidently, the stereo was changed to a newer Alpine (Navigation). I will have the car checked out again when it comes here by Lambo of Denver, but even then they're a Stealer right? so you never know. Anyone know of a local Denver repair tech for Lambos?

And I have had some communication that I am being perhaps gouged a bit for the car? How do you determine a fair price? Do the same rules apply as with other cars, mileage, prior history, service, etc. This ones comes across as needing absolutely nothing. What is that worth alone? Man, I have seen a few Diablos that would need at least $50K plus just to get them to an acceptable shape for an exotic car. Go figure what people do to cars out there.

I am used to my cars truly being pristine and that is worth some bucks in my book just not to have to deal with the agravation.. My Ferrari and Porsches (2) are very clean, with the Ferrari winning 1st place in a local concourse. I just don't want to face headaches when this car arrives.

Alex

After many discussions with Chris and various chatlist memeber, along with a PPI, the car is being shipped on Thursday and will get to Denver on Friday. Will post pics when the car arrives. Evidently, the stereo was changed to a newer Alpine (Navigation). I will have the car checked out again when it comes here by Lambo of Denver, but even then they're a Stealer right? so you never know. Anyone know of a local Denver repair tech for Lambos?

And I have had some communication that I am being perhaps gouged a bit for the car? How do you determine a fair price? Do the same rules apply as with other cars, mileage, prior history, service, etc. This ones comes across as needing absolutely nothing. What is that worth alone? Man, I have seen a few Diablos that would need at least $50K plus just to get them to an acceptable shape for an exotic car. Go figure what people do to cars out there.

I am used to my cars truly being pristine and that is worth some bucks in my book just not to have to deal with the agravation.. My Ferrari and Porsches (2) are very clean, with the Ferrari winning 1st place in a local concourse. I just don't want to face headaches when this car arrives.

Alex

My opinion may be different than some here. Don't worry so much about how much others would pay for the car. If you love it and want it, then buy it for what it is worth to you. Unless you are going to sell it for profit, is a few grand here or there a big difference? Prices for a very clean 6.0 are high. You are going to pay retail for the car, but so what. Let Chris make a few bucks and enjoy your car with no regrets. I paid plenty for my 6.0 but I love it. Would I love it more if I paid 10K less... no. Good luck and enjoy.

I paid plenty for my 6.0 but I love it. Would I love it more if I paid 10K less... no. Good luck and enjoy.

To those that are not very familiar with these cars you would swear kev99sv got RAPED on his car. So why would someone like him who is intimately familiar with these cars pay so much? Because he knows the difference between an average car and an EXCEPTIONAL car. This is where ebay and the discount "SPECIAL OF THE MONTH, MUST SELL NOW, I'M NUTS TO SELL THE CAR THIS CHEAP" type of dealers do a potential buyer a disservice. From the internet ads a 5 looks no different than a ten. The car that was beat on looks identical to the car that was handled with the utmost care. But when the buyer sees the "5" advertised CHEAP it hurts the perfect car since they'll think the price of the perfect car is CRAZY, the reality is that its not. Finding a CLEAN NO STORY 6.0 is tough, ask Lamborghinikid on this forum, he's been offered CRAZY money for his car but will not sell it simply because it cannot be replaced.

Kevin is no idiot, he searched high and low for a CLEAN 6.0, he didn't pay a premium, he paid what the car was worth.

I know its not a 6.0 but heres a perfect example of what I'm talking about, two identical SE30's:

diablo_172.JPG

and

ZA9DU27PXRLA12004.jpg

They look the same, but the first one (owned by a member here) is WORTH MUCH MORE than the second. Hopefully the owner will chime in.

(BTW Tommy, I used the SE30 as an example so you can get your daily fix of SE30 pics... :icon_thumleft: )

Gil and Mike both said it all. Gil's pre purchase write up should be a sticky! I started looking for a nice 6.0 back in late 02 and no story cars that were exceptionally clean were hard to find then. I looked at 7 or 8 cars before I found my yellow one. I can only imagine how hard it would be to find a truly nice car today. I fully agree with Peter as well, no matter what your giving for it enjoy the car to the fullest and take pride in knowing you have one of the few cars that is respected and loved by all car enthusiast.

To justify paying more for a good car ,factor in the true US imported production numbers, cars crashed over the past 6 years, bad history cars that are still on the road, and cars that just have a lot of wear and tear and I would bet there are less than 30 US 6.0s in the US today that would pass a personal inspection and a independent PPI. You can bank that for every 10 you look at you will be lucky to find 1 that meets your full expectations.

A few other things to watch for.... Cars that have endured a lot of heat, driven in hot climates, or not stored in climate control tend to show the carbon weave through the paint. This problem didn't start poping up until about 05 when the cars paint went through some aging and then settled. Black cars tend to show worse than the others but about 75 percent of them will have this in some form or fashion so look at its finish closely. I have been lucky with my roof but about 90 percent of 6.0 and most diablos will have roof swags or pocket dents where the roof flexes. This is pretty common so don't panic if you see a few roof dips. When you get the car you will have to figure out the remote/alarm/key turn on/off so that you can crank it. It tends to have a mind of its own but you will get the routine down. Make sure in your tool kit that it still has its factory inflatable tire pouch and can. A fellow 6.0 friend of mine was unable to get one due to the fact that the factory will not ship them because of the pressurized can that they are in. Enjoy your new ride !

I know its not a 6.0 but heres a perfect example of what I'm talking about, two identical SE30's:

diablo_172.JPG

and

ZA9DU27PXRLA12004.jpg

They look the same, but the first one (owned by a member here) is WORTH MUCH MORE than the second. Hopefully the owner will chime in.

(BTW Tommy, I used the SE30 as an example so you can get your daily fix of SE30 pics... :icon_thumleft: )

:headbang:

To those that are not very familiar with these cars you would swear kev99sv got RAPED on his car.

Kevin is no idiot, he searched high and low for a CLEAN 6.0, he didn't pay a premium, he paid what the car was worth.

Did ya have to capitalize raped?

And for anyone who cares, I would pay the same price for my car all over again and not think twice.

Did ya have to capitalize raped?

And for anyone who cares, I would pay the same price for my car all over again and not think twice.

If it makes you feel better, I can substitute raped, raped or raped, which ever makes you happy. Only on lambo power do the moderators take members feelings into consideration...

If it makes you feel better, I can substitute raped, raped or raped, which ever makes you happy. Only on lambo power do the moderators take members feelings into consideration...

Thanks, I feel much better now. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks, I feel much better now. :icon_mrgreen:

Thats what I'm here for! :icon_thumleft:

The reality is that I've seen 6.0s since Kevins purchase sell for even more than what he's paid. Did anyone see the blue 6.0 that sold for $189k at Prestige!? That car would make Kevins car worth $300K!