Is GM Going to Kill the Hummer H2?

WheelsRCool

Hey, I've read on the Internet in some places that GM is going to kill the Hummer H2. I'm wondering, is this true? Or are they considering it? I think it would be a shame to stop Hummer production, this is one of my favorite vehicles, plus I haven't driven one yet :(

Considering that they just redesigned the interior and changed the drivetrain for 08, the answer is:

NO.

H2 is an awesome vehicle IMO. Didn't know they had redesigned the interior and changed the drivetrain for '08.

H1 has been discontinued and it wouldnt suprise me to have the H2 do the same..

Sales have been declining and frankly I dont see why the average consumer would buy one, especially with gas at $3.50 per gallon.

If you put in a exotic category, it would make sense, but as an everyday SUV....no.

I recall seeing pictures last year of one paticulr dealer in LA, that had an inventory of over 300 Hummers. I guess the norm was under 100 but no one was buying them and the inventory kept growing.

That being said, I love my H2 and plan on keeping it forever, but wouldnt consider buying a new one..

H1 has been discontinued and it wouldnt suprise me to have the H2 do the same..

Sales have been declining and frankly I dont see why the average consumer would buy one, especially with gas at $3.50 per gallon.

If you put in a exotic category, it would make sense, but as an everyday SUV....no.

I recall seeing pictures last year of one paticulr dealer in LA, that had an inventory of over 300 Hummers. I guess the norm was under 100 but no one was buying them and the inventory kept growing.

That being said, I love my H2 and plan on keeping it forever, but wouldnt consider buying a new one..

I heard like 2 years or so ago the H1s were be discontinued, but they still keep making new ones

The H2 is an utter joke next to a H1, IMO H2s were originally bought by posers who wanted to seem rich owning a Hummer, but couldnt pay the 120k+ for the real thing.....and are stupid and think the H2 is a real off road vehicle.

other than that, the Suburban (or whatever it is under that box of a body) in drag is a fine SUV if you dont mind GM crap

:)

The H2 is an utter joke next to a H1, IMO H2s were originally bought by posers who wanted to seem rich owning a Hummer, but couldnt pay the 120k+ for the real thing.....and are stupid and think the H2 is a real off road vehicle.

So everyone who has a H2 is a poser ?? :rolleyes:

H1 and H2 were built after two different target markets. I personally do not like the H1 and have a hard time sitting in one, its cramped, not comfortable and a challenge for daily use...

H2 is the oppositte and I'd take the H2 anyday over the H1 when I go to Pismo or Glamiss...

Have you any drive time behind any of these vehicles?

I am on my third H2- I have had an 03, 05, and now have an 08. I have also owned jeep grand cherokees, a bmw x5 ( one of the first years it came out, I forgot the yr), a 2007 range rover supercharged sport-the other car for the bad weather next to my Lambos, porsches, Benzes and Bimmers.

Simply put, before anyone should comment on its dislike, sit in one and go for a drive. There is no other vehicle that gives the impression that an H2 does. The high beltline, small windows, extra space away from the doors when you sit, high sitting position and enormous exterior look has made this an icon if you want a truly real Tonka truck.

Sure there are other SUV's with more power, or more luxury... okay. I tried a fully loaded supercharged sport Rover for 10 months through Canadas winters and found I would take an H2 anyday. I may not pass everyone on the road, but I certainly can get around anyone off it.

If you run into me, you will be at the height of my feet.

Its the feeling of being safe in it that this SUV gives that no other SUV can compete with. If you don't agree, wait for a blizzard and then go test driving SUV's... the H2 will amaze you.

so, I love it. And thats why I have had 3.

So everyone who has a H2 is a poser ?? :rolleyes:

H1 and H2 were built after two different target markets. I personally do not like the H1 and have a hard time sitting in one, its cramped, not comfortable and a challenge for daily use...

H2 is the oppositte and I'd take the H2 anyday over the H1 when I go to Pismo or Glamiss...

Have you any drive time behind any of these vehicles?

Im with you completely. H1 is not a daily driver type vehicle, whereas the H2 is. I didnt buy it to seem rich, but couldnt afford an H1. I could buy few if I wanted. I bought the H2 because I liked the looks, love the high beltline and small windows(hate huge windows in vehicle). The interior isnt bad, I like the nice wide seats up front, the beefy shifter is cool. The other reason is the vehicle was still relatively new on the streets when I bought it, and I wanted it for a shop truck, because it draws attention(but its also a not stock).