Oil question

topcabron

With all the opinions out there, and all the oils out there, everybody has a differnet answer.

Synthetic?

Semi-synthetic?

Dino?

0-30?

5-50?

10-40?

15-50?

20-50?

So, please straighten this out for me. I am getting my oil changed tomorrow, and I asked three different places what they would use, and I got three drastically different answers. Why isnt this simple?

In the owner's manual, it says 10-40. Nobody I spoke with, said this.

I got a recomendation for Castrol GTX Oil.

I got a recomendation for Mobile 1

I got a recomendation for Valvoline.

I am so confused now.

Help.

the Agip it uses is semi synthetic 10w40

do to me worring about high oil temps Lambo of Ohip recomend going to 20w50 and they said fully synthetic is perfecly fine for the engine. However is your case with an older car (early Diablo) Ive heard this could be bad, especially if you've always used dino oil. I also went with racing oil for added protection and durability. It just takes a lil longer to warm up all the way

of your 3 choices, Ild go with Mobil 1 and higher thatn 10w40, espescialy for your climate :)

the Agip it uses is semi synthetic 10w40

do to me worring about high oil temps Lambo of Ohip recomend going to 20w50 and they said fully synthetic is perfecly fine for the engine. However is your case with an older car (early Diablo) Ive heard this could be bad, especially if you've always used dino oil. I also went with racing oil for added protection and durability. It just takes a lil longer to warm up all the way

of your 3 choices, Ild go with Mobil 1 and higher thatn 10w40, espescialy for your climate :)

like Mobile 1 15-50?

like Mobile 1 15-50?

sure :)

I doubt the 15 or 20 part matters that much (over 10), especially for you, its the 50 thats more important

holy hell thats alotta info!!

whats the cliff notes versions jist of things?

besides Royal Purple is the best

C A U T I O N

CAREFUL WITH THE USE OF ROYAL PURPLE in a street car, it has either NO detergents or reduced detergents and this is NO GOOD for your motor unless you rebuild it often (like a race car is)!

==============

CAUTION IS ADVISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, if there a Royal Purple with 'regular' levels of detergents, then ok, but I have not come across it, be careful!

==============

-J

I went with semi synthetic 10-40.

Bad choice topcarbon. Last time someone used that oil they developed a large vaginal like exhaust appendage on the back of their yellow diablo. :thefinger:

Bad choice topcarbon. Last time someone used that oil they developed a large vaginal like exhaust appendage on the back of their yellow diablo. :thefinger:

damn, I knew I should have listened to another voice.

I was using amsoil 20/50 racing oil, but switched to 10/40 amsoil to drop my pressure. It was sky high with the 20/50. Besides 10/40 sheds heat faster than 20/50. I really like amsoil 20/50 racing oil usually though. It is all my other cars.

dave

I was using amsoil 20/50 racing oil, but switched to 10/40 amsoil to drop my pressure. It was sky high with the 20/50. Besides 10/40 sheds heat faster than 20/50. I really like amsoil 20/50 racing oil usually though. It is all my other cars.

dave

really??

Ive noticed mine running much cooler

dont know about the "sky high" preasure, its always around 6-8 for me

and it seems to disapate the heat just fine, hmmm.....