Brembo Gran Turismo BBK

topcabron

:icon_super: I like them! Nice addition. I am thinking of upgrading as well...the stock brakes suck. Where can I get a set of these?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get the GT328 or the GT355? And is the price difference in these sets due just to the color? Thanks

Did you get the GT328 or the GT355? And is the price difference in these sets due just to the color? Thanks

I went with the 355mm. But, you should have 18 inch rims. They recomemd for that size rotors to have the larger wheels.

The price difference represents color. For some reason, black has a premium.

It says I can get almost the same brakes for my mini? :eusa_think:

I dont doubt it. I think their big break kit is pretty universal. They may change where the bolts go, but the basic caliper/rotors are pretty much the same, 14 inch cross drilled rotors and 4 piston calipers.

Your Mini would have incredible stopping power with that weight.

Your Mini would have incredible stopping power with that weight.

It could probably throw me through the windshield! I've already done rotors, pads and SS lines, I just can't bring myself to spend almost $3k on brakes. I guess its the jason in my coming out... :icon_mrgreen:

It could probably throw me through the windshield! I've already done rotors, pads and SS lines, I just can't bring myself to spend almost $3k on brakes. I guess its the jason in my coming out... :icon_mrgreen:

thats funny since I did it. I guess I am not so cheap after all. I am going to pm you about another matter.

thats funny since I did it. I guess I am not so cheap after all.

Yeah but for a lambo, I'm talking about a MINI!

I bet you put a boat load of money in that mini already. Proportionally, you are already there.

Well over 14k!

Well over 14k!

you should stop.

well, whats another 3 grand. Just bill one of your clients $3K more for one of your beautiful boats. No big deal.

Are those brakes fit my 6.0???

I think the calipers are the same, but the rotors are different. Wouldn't the ultimate upgrade be the 8 piston calipers from the carbon braked murci?

1969399_5.jpg

I think the calipers are the same, but the rotors are different. Wouldn't the ultimate upgrade be the 8 piston calipers from the carbon braked murci?

I could sell your Mini and might have enough money for those.

It certainly would!

Is it possible?

It certainly would!

Is it possible?

the mounting bracket may not be large enough. I have never explored this option, but it doesnt look like it would be a direct bolt on.

The CC brakes would be pretty nice. I think I could order them through Brembo, and get someone to make custom rotor hats to fit different applications, like the 6.0.

Or you could always get the new Brembo GTR kit, which is a lightweight version of their normal GT kit.

Brembo kinda bugs me because they have the 16" rotors and 8 piston calipers, but both are used only on SUVs and really big cars. Make them for other cars! Seriously. Well, we dont really need the 16" monsters, but at least have the 8 piston calipers. And I know that they make kits for the Murci, but why not list them in my freakin dealer catalog?

Brembo kinda bugs me because they have the 16" rotors and 8 piston calipers, but both are used only on SUVs and really big cars. Make them for other cars! Seriously. Well, we dont really need the 16" monsters, but at least have the 8 piston calipers. And I know that they make kits for the Murci, but why not list them in my freakin dealer catalog?

What size wheels do you need for 16" rotors?

The eight piston calipers have VW/Audi part #'s on them, I would try VW/Audi before I went to brembo or even sourcing the calipers from a wrecked VW/Audi sedan or SUV...

The eight piston calipers have VW/Audi part #'s on them, I would try VW/Audi before I went to brembo or even sourcing the calipers from a wrecked VW/Audi sedan or SUV...

More than likely the Audi/Vw part number is just a Brembo part number, but they use it in their system. If someone gives me a part number from one of these calipers, I can verify if its an original Audi/Vw or if its a Brembo number.

More than likely the Audi/Vw part number is just a Brembo part number, but they use it in their system. If someone gives me a part number from one of these calipers, I can verify if its an original Audi/Vw or if its a Brembo number.

I looked at the calipers yesterday cause my friend took them off his car to repaint them, I was shocked to see the VW/Audi emblem!