SLR Gurus....Question about transmission

Allan-Herbie

I'm the guy who did that for Jason. :icon_thumleft:

His car is a monster. In the next few weeks were gonna tweak it some more.

Pretty impressive set up. Sounds like it is really bringing the temps down. :icon_thumleft:

We have some pumps on hand and just installed it on the SLR along with some other goodies :D (Pulley, ECU, Air Filters+)

There are 2 pumps located behind the front bumper, we used the Johnson Marine CM30

Pictures and videos will go up soon

We have some pumps on hand and just installed it on the SLR along with some other goodies :D (Pulley, ECU, Air Filters+)

There are 2 pumps located behind the front bumper, we used the Johnson Marine CM30

Pictures and videos will go up soon

More info please! Did you dyno the car?

You need:

168-545-29-28

000-540-38-05

The first part number is the connectors, you need 2 of them. The second is the electrical pins for the connectors. They should come as a set, so you only need 1. Total cost should be less than $20 from your local dealer. Just call the parts dept. and tell them the part numbers. They can get them the next day if they don't have them in stock.

You need:

168-545-29-28

000-540-38-05

The first part number is the connectors, you need 2 of them. The second is the electrical pins for the connectors. They should come as a set, so you only need 1. Total cost should be less than $20 from your local dealer. Just call the parts dept. and tell them the part numbers. They can get them the next day if they don't have them in stock.

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! Now I need the pumps! :icon_mrgreen:

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! Now I need the pumps! :icon_mrgreen:

nothing yet but let me try one other place. I know kleemann and RT will have the pumps but they will want at least 600-800 each and not sure if they are running the cm30 or if they are still using the cm90's. why am i helping you make your car even faster then mine???? I guess I really want to lose when we meet up.

nothing yet but let me try one other place. I know kleemann and RT will have the pumps but they will want at least 600-800 each and not sure if they are running the cm30 or if they are still using the cm90's. why am i helping you make your car even faster then mine???? I guess I really want to lose when we meet up.
Dont worry! You will lose now, let alone then! :icon_mrgreen: I much apprecaite the help!

The factory fitting is 22mm, the CM30 is 20mm while the CM90 is 38mm fitting which is too big.

The car takes the 12V and not the 24V

You need:

168-545-29-28

000-540-38-05

I was putting in a failed pump today and realized my parts guy gave me the wrong part numbers. Those part numbers are for the connector on the vehicle side of the wiring harness, the male side. The female side is integrated into the pump itself and is not available seperately according to my parts dept.

When you change your pumps your just gonna have to cut off the stock connector on the harness and connect the wires directly to the Johnson pumps. This is what I've done on the ones I have installed, and have not had any problems.

Sorry for the misinformation...

I was putting in a failed pump today and realized my parts guy gave me the wrong part numbers. Those part numbers are for the connector on the vehicle side of the wiring harness, the male side. The female side is integrated into the pump itself and is not available seperately according to my parts dept.

When you change your pumps your just gonna have to cut off the stock connector on the harness and connect the wires directly to the Johnson pumps. This is what I've done on the ones I have installed, and have not had any problems.

Sorry for the misinformation...

Haha, ok! I just picked up those parts today too! No biggie! Thanks!

i assume you are replacing the pumps as a fail safe measure. I bet with the SLR IC cores the IAT's stay within spec, once the boost is raised may be another question but the cores are waaaaay more efficient as compare the the other 55k motors.

According to the computer...pull headlights and bumper off. swap pumps. couple of hours max.

If the under panel is off then the intercooler pumps can be accessed pretty easily.