Lexus LF-A smashes lap record to become King of the ’Ring

barchetta7550

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr.../lexus_lfa.html

The king is dead, long live the king! Lexus’ long-awaited LF-A has unofficially smashed the lap record at Germany’s Nürburgring, with a time of seven minutes, 24 seconds. That beats Porsche’s new GT2 by a second and makes the Lexus the King of the ’Ring. Company insiders have revealed that a 4.8-litre V10 – co-developed with Yamaha – powered the record-breaking test mule. It revs to 9,000rpm and pumps out 552bhp. Combined with a highly aerodynamic body, it should enable the LF-A to hit 210mph.

YAY!!!

now I pray the Nissian GT R fags will shut the f*ck up :)

same with the POS homos

I dont like this car either, but ohwell

record breaking test mule. hmm :D

BS - That car was a Test Mule! The GT2 is a real production car. In normal Lexus Fashion, watch the production LF-A have a 4.6L V8 with 400 hp and they will market it as a "Luxury GT Coupe"

Long live the GT2 and the other Real cars that run the ring.

This will be the "new Supra"?

No, the LF-A is a Lexus $150k+ model. Intented to go against cars like the Gallardo/DB9/F430/NSX 2/etc.

The next Supra is also in development by Toyota, at a much lower price point to compete with the GT-R. It also is rumored to be a hybrid.

No, the LF-A is a Lexus $150k+ model. Intented to go against cars like the Gallardo/DB9/F430/NSX 2/etc.

The next Supra is also in development by Toyota, at a much lower price point to compete with the GT-R. It also is rumored to be a hybrid.

Ok, thanks. But considering how much the LF-A look like a Supra, I guess they will at least share platform? Or will Toyota design an entirely new one?

Where is the engine on this car? It has hood vents (front engine?) and big vents in rear fascia (mid engine?), not to mention the large ducts in the quarter panels (ditto mid engine).

Jimmy

YAY!!!

same with the POS homos

What about the lambo losers, ferrari fags and porsche phukers??

whats your point, what do you expect out of coming up cars, Lexus will have 2 yrs and about 70k USD per car more on the GTR and the POS, so obviously it will act better, unlike you know the above mentioned brands who dont even want to try..

BS - That car was a Test Mule! The GT2 is a real production car. In normal Lexus Fashion, watch the production LF-A have a 4.6L V8 with 400 hp and they will market it as a "Luxury GT Coupe"

Long live the GT2 and the other Real cars that run the ring.

I see you are a pessimist or just cant get a handle of real life..the car will be made and will cost in the 150k range..

all the rumors about the GT-R and Z06s were spot on from their price tags, to their power levels and performance numbers from before their official announcements, so why would you doubt this?

Lexus could easily make something this quick and good, after all they arnt making this car cheap..

YAY!!!

same with the POS homos

GT-R is legend. respect it you idiot.

WTF is it with all of you people calling other members names? How big of an egotistical jerk-off do you have to be to resort to this kind of negligent disrespect towards someone you don't know.

GTI, SpeedingLambo, Cherm, what the hell is wrong with you?

You need some professional help if this is the only way you know to communicate your points across to someone who disagrees with you.

Ease up, take a chill pill!

A legend to who? Just because it wasn't sold in the US doesn't mean it "all mighty."

I don't see the GT-R as any more special than a Plastic mess-06, Supra, or Rx7. Move on please.