Never thought i would see one of these for sale!

Saleenfan

And only a scant 2.5 million dollars

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search...x?itemid=472278

8AC-05-97313.jpg

1996 993 GT1 ‘Strassenversion’ (VIN WPOZZZ99ZVS396002) this is a ‘street version’ of the GT1 racecar that Porsche debuted in 1995. One of two prototypes. Strassenversion engine still puts out 544 horses at 7200 rpm to move the 2646 lb. (only 200 lbs. more than the racer) prototype from 0 to 62 mph in 3.7 seconds and hit a top speed of 192 mph.

• 3 weeks later...

There is the silver one that was at the Festival of Speed in florida i believe owned by Don Wallace. Those are amazing cars. What i'd do to hvae a GT1 and a CLK-GTR in my possession!

The GT1 is amazing. I could only imagine what I would do if I saw one pull up in traffic :lol2: Holy grail of P car besides a 993 GT2.

The GT1 is amazing. I could only imagine what I would do if I saw one pull up in traffic :lol2: Holy grail of P car besides a 993 GT2.

No the 959 would be second to that crown. 993 GT2 would take the last podium spot.

porsche2.jpg

porsche1.jpg

Seen in San Diego/San Marcos last week. Crappy cell phone pics.

Car doesnt look right to me.... Might just be the wheels throwing me off though.

Car doesnt look right to me.... Might just be the wheels throwing me off though.

First off its a 993 GT1 so it does look different.

Although you are correct this doesnt look right, for me its the wing.

porsche2.jpg

porsche1.jpg

Seen in San Diego/San Marcos last week. Crappy cell phone pics.

That is a goofy ass kit car Yo!

Hate to admit it.....but that might be the real deal. Between the 993 and 996 variants there were four models released. 1.) The street verion, which was the prettiest. 1.) The street 'club sport' version, which was strange in that it had 'more' street features the the standard street, such as rear reflectors etc, but was lighter and featured the 'le mans' spoiler and roof breathers. This may be the car above. 3.) The 3rd version being the gt racer. 4.) The same but le mans spec long tail.

1.) Standard street

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2.) Club sport

1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

1.3.jpg

3.) Gt racer

11.1.jpg

4.) Le Mans

11.2.jpg

I think i might be a real deal too but look at the wing.... its got rounded corners on it, none of the GT1s had wings were the edges were blended into the top they all had the sides perpendicular to the horizontal parts.

I think i might be a real deal too but look at the wing.... its got rounded corners on it, none of the GT1s had wings were the edges were blended into the top they all had the sides perpendicular to the horizontal parts.

To me the car just looks to slim(vertically). Plus who puts after market wheels on a rare real 1mil+ car? I think its a fake.

To me the car just looks to slim(vertically). Plus who puts after market wheels on a rare real 1mil+ car? I think its a fake.

What makes you think they are aftermarket? They look like the stock wheels to me.

Hate to admit it.....but that might be the real deal. Between the 993 and 996 variants there were four models released. 1.) The street verion, which was the prettiest. 1.) The street 'club sport' version, which was strange in that it had 'more' street features the the standard street, such as rear reflectors etc, but was lighter and featured the 'le mans' spoiler and roof breathers. This may be the car above. 3.) The 3rd version being the gt racer. 4.) The same but le mans spec long tail.

1.) Standard street

post-2270-1208350455_thumb.jpg

post-2270-1208350477_thumb.jpg

post-2270-1208350489_thumb.jpg

2.) Club sport

post-2270-1208350503_thumb.jpg

post-2270-1208350539_thumb.jpg

post-2270-1208350564_thumb.jpg

3.) Gt racer

post-2270-1208350595_thumb.jpg

4.) Le Mans

post-2270-1208350628_thumb.jpg

I was more under the impression that the difference between the first and second versions you mentioned were simply that they made the first couple as 993 versions, then they converted or started building the rest as 996 versions. You can tell especially with the headlights because the 996's have those aweful blob shaped headlights...

That exactly right.....but strangely the car remained the 911 'gt1' throughout....and not the 993 gt1 or 996 gt1. Also, as far as I remember, it never carried the 996 interior, but always the 993. The main changes were to the side panels/wings....which became 'open wheeled' in the later versions.

porsche_gt1_2.jpg

New GT1 here soon??

porschecarreragt101rc8.jpg