New Porsche 911

Diablo_4_Ever

Porsche believes in EVOLUTION not REVOLUTION! :lol2:

But IMO, they need something revolutionary in the design department to freshen things up.

But IMO, they need something revolutionary in the design department to freshen things up.

I agree they are a great car company; and I think that they would do "radical" really well. Just look at what some P-tuners have come up with based on the 'bland' stock product.

Look at the GT3 RS. No one says that looks bland and it uses the same basic design. So there's hope yet.

I find it to be one of the most elegant designs in the world, but I can see the need for some more visual impact :)

I think its simplicity is its beauty.

Over a number of years they have perfected the engineering. There is a variant for every type of driver.

Best All Rounder.imo

Porsche make great cars, but when are they gonna stop squeezing any more out of that ancient design?

There is absolutely nothing exciting or eye catching about the exterior, it looks plain dull.

Porsche would capture a lot of new customers with a new design.

Porsche make great cars, but when are they gonna stop squeezing any more out of that ancient design?

There is absolutely nothing exciting or eye catching about the exterior, it looks plain dull.

The design is timeless, and is the product that people identify Porsche with and aspire too. They could potentially lose many customers if they did anything too radical with the exterior design.

If aint broke....

Then what about a new model to incorporate into their lineup. The 911 IS a classic, but I'm sure there is room for their designers to develope something more contemporary. They are afterall the world's most profitable automobile maker. Use some of the $$$$ to give the world another great Porsche to lust after!!

Here's something new!!!It should be out 09/10.

And THAT abomination is precisely why Porsche should stick to the 911 and forget trying to be all things to all people. I've had 911's for 25 years, and other than the Carrera GT the other current/modern models are an embarrassment. Porsche should have stopped development of the 911 with the 993 and just kept on building those!

The design is timeless, and is the product that people identify Porsche with and aspire too. They could potentially lose many customers if they did anything too radical with the exterior design.

If aint broke....

And on the other side they are losing a lot of new customers. I for one really like porsche for their quality and mechanics, but I find the 911 so incredibly boring that I will never buy one. Had they made a new awesome design with same specs as a 911 turbo, I'd be a lot more interested. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

I guess the problem isn't the constant stream of 911's, but the lack of a new model in the Ferrari/Lambo range, and I don't mean the four door abortions etc.

The most profitable privately owned car company in the world would dissagree with you...

Indeed, but brand name recognition is a very important aspect of selling cars, I'm just curious to see when people are gonna wake up and admit to themselves that they've been buying the same exact boring thing for the last 10 years, since the 996 came out.

If there was ever a revolution needed, it needs to be now, the 911 is dull and wouldn't get a 16 y/o excited.