2010 R8 Convertible

zeeshan66

As we reported in our November 2006 issue of Road & Track, Audi will build a convertible version of its fabulous R8 sports car. The proof is in these prototype photos that clearly show the R8 will use a fabric top, not a targa as had been rumored. This test mule showed off several changes that would be required to stow the convertible top, including a reworked engine cover, the fuel-filler cap moved from the B-pillar to the rear quarter panel as well as some new cutlines.

We expect the convertible top's action will be quite elaborate — stowing a roof in a 2-seat mid-engine car is quite a feat. Another feature left off this flat-black prototype are the prominent "side blades" of the coupe.

The R8 convertible will use the 4.2-liter 420-bhp V-8 when production begins in March 2009; it will hit the States closer to mid-year as a 2010 model. An R8 coupe with a 500-plus-bhp V-10 will arrive slightly sooner, at the beginning of 2009. The V-10 will find its way into the R8 convertible at a later time.

091120082025133019.jpg

091120082025140735.jpg

091120082025146223.jpg

091120082025147909.jpg

Still not a major fan, havne't seen any pics with the F430 top down..i dont think i would still buy one. I really dislike the rear look of the car.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=7071 - vids here

i guess their taking ideas from the books of early lambos haha

i did'nt even realize they removed the side blades. did they ever serve any real point? or simply style?