Who wants an Islero?

IsleroMan

They still have it. http://www.indigoclassiccars.com/showListing.php?id=27

I contacted the seller yesterday, and now they are asking even more - $175k. I always love that strategy - it's not selling, so it must be too cheap; let's raise the price. I told him that's way too much for a non-S modified car, so he says he's open to offers. I bet he is. :lol2:

I am always amazed, when a dealer gives a general history lesson, on a car they have for sale. Why talk about the b.s. general information, when you can talk about technical details, about the actual car listed for sale ? If you think the "story" about the Islero is bad, go look at all of the padding, with the 365 GTC/4.

I listed on e-bay, a scarce Italian motocycle. I mentioned to consult the internet, if you would like information about the bike. Who is going to pay over six figures for a collector car, and have no idea about the general information of the car listed ? I also frown, when you see a bunch of pictures, but not one single engine pic. Notice how the driver's side bolster, was also missed ?

With a restored car, you should list everything that has been done to the car. This company, is great at giving broad general information about the cars, listed for sale. zzzzzzzzzzz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well my old Islero sold yesterday at the RM Amelia Is. auction with a high bid of $82,500. Good to see that prices are returning to normal on these cars. Once they drop another $30k, I'm getting another one. :eusa_dance:

Well my old Islero sold yesterday at the RM Amelia Is. auction with a high bid of $82,500. Good to see that prices are returning to normal on these cars. Once they drop another $30k, I'm getting another one. :eusa_dance:

:iamwithstupid:

In no particular order, I would like to find a nice one of these one day,

250PF coupe

350GT

Islero

365 GTC/4 or Daytona

Miura

:iamwithstupid:

In no particular order, I would like to find a nice one of these one day,

250PF coupe

350GT

Islero

365 GTC/4 or Daytona

Miura

Well you stand a good chance at the Islero. I don't think the others are heading too far down anytime soon. In the last couple months, Fantasy Junction just sold a P400 Miura and PF coupe. They were asking $419k and $240k, respectively.

I'll let you know when I find a couple PF coupes at ~$40k. I'm buying the first one. :icon_mrgreen:

Well you stand a good chance at the Islero. I don't think the others are heading too far down anytime soon. In the last couple months, Fantasy Junction just sold a P400 Miura and PF coupe. They were asking $419k and $240k, respectively.

I'll let you know when I find a couple PF coupes at ~$40k. I'm buying the first one. :icon_mrgreen:

In 1991, they would have said we are crazy, to wait for a nice F-40 at $275K (2003 price).

In the late 80's Boxers were trading around 250-300K. ...and that was late 80's money ! You could find a nice car for 65K+, during late 04. I know someone that purchased a nice BB, for 59K.

In the late 80's, the bottom of the barrel 2+2 F cars were trading close to a 100K.

Give it a few more years, and the collector cars will drop substantially.

• 4 weeks later...
Cant stop drooling over this one!

Thats my old car. I bought it from a dutch dealer, Peeters Exclusive cars near Amsterdam. Turns out the guy was a bit of a crook and it took me over 6 months to actually provide a calif. title as the seller, Friso Peeters, would not help us substantiate the line of ownership. Not sure if he was hiding something or just a pri*k but it finally got done. I sold it just before the big price jump, but still felt like I made a good profit.

The new owner has put a lot of money into the car and I bet it is a very wonderful example by now. It was a blast to drive. I took the funds from that sale and bought a Norwood tt 512 and it is soon to be out of restoration. I have never looked back and the blown 512 will fit my needs much better, so everyone made out quite well with that beauty!