UGR NO LONGER SPONSOR OF THE BOARD.

LPDADDY

Frankly, I figured it would turn out this way. Their involvement in Viper Alley pretty much single handedly destroyed the board. Fake names posting, fanboys following them around everywhere and bashing all their competitors, etc.....It was truly a pathetic situation and I honestly cringed when I saw them as a sponsor of the site. Being totally candid, I stayed off Lambopower for awhile after they became sponsors and I had to see all the over sensationalized threads, spamming tactics, personal horn tooting, and fanboy posts by "new members". Let's be honest here, they have never done ANYTHING except copy the exact same cars Jason Heffner starts modifying. I mean SOME original thought or project might be nice. Thank goodness it's over.

Frankly, I figured it would turn out this way. Their involvement in Viper Alley pretty much single handedly destroyed the board. Fake names posting, fanboys following them around everywhere and bashing all their competitors, etc.....It was truly a pathetic situation and I honestly cringed when I saw them as a sponsor of the site. Being totally candid, I stayed off Lambopower for awhile after they became sponsors and I had to see all the over sensationalized threads, spamming tactics, personal horn tooting, and fanboy posts by "new members". Let's be honest here, they have never done ANYTHING except copy the exact same cars Jason Heffner starts modifying. I mean SOME original thought or project might be nice. Thank goodness it's over.

I think it is best that they parted ways, because I hope their image can be restored. And I agree that some of the people "associated" with them are a hinderance to their reputation. But for you to say they have done nothing but copy is faux. They build some of the fastest/most streetable cars on the planet. A "copied" product does not translate into continus world record times. Just my .02

Good to have you back!

That's a shame, they are a good bunch of guys. Best of luck to them. But like everything in this world some people like apples some like oranges, some like Heffner some like UGR. Both good just different strokes for different folks.

This has nothing to do with "apples and oranges", or our personal preferences. If it were just two professional groups offering two different systems for us to choose from everything would have been great...competition breeds innovation, have at it. :icon_thumleft:

In this case however we had very juvenile and immature-themed threads, posts, attacks, and other nonsense on a near daily basis by not only the principals involved with UGR but their rabid and incessant fanboy nuthuggers. It forced our hand to protect the board.

We wish UGR success in their endeavors with regard to offering what appear to be great TT systems for L-cars, no question. At the same time however we hope they learn some lessons from this about how to project the proper business image in "grown-up world", which they seem to have no clue about currently. Buying a sponsorship on an internet forum with the sole purpose of gaining ban-authority over the members and competitors who question their practices is something that won't lead to long term success.

All the best, and I look forward to seeing their 1200HP+ project come to fruition.

Besides they will find more Gallardo owners to sell their TT kit on a Porsche board and Viper board than they will on a lambo board anyway! :icon_thumleft:

Oh, and give Flipper my regards!

I think it is best that they parted ways, because I hope their image can be restored. And I agree that some of the people "associated" with them are a hinderance to their reputation. But for you to say they have done nothing but copy is faux. They build some of the fastest/most streetable cars on the planet. A "copied" product does not translate into continus world record times. Just my .02

That means nothing, honestly. We can make 2000+whp with the Supras as well, and have a dyno queen. We can also take it to the track, run one screaming time on a private track day and brag about it and blow it up 2 runs later, but the point is RELIABLE power. Their Vipers have had issues with reliability in a big way. I have three friends who have purchased UG Vipers and only one has been what I would call happy, and he broke a month back. Until they focus on reliable power and some of these cars hold together, I'll simply go on past reputation. Also, what do they modify? Vipers, Ford GT's, Gallardos. Wow, that sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? Why not get a GTR and start there? How about the new Caddy? Something, anything, that Jason didn't do first would add a ton of credibility. Now all that said, I agree with you in a BIG way that the people who come to bat for them generally come off as hillbilly rubes or bitter malcontents with ulterior motives. I loathe the way they present themselves and the people that associate with them. Never in all the years of actively being involved in modifying performance cars have a seen such a sleazy and slimy group that surrounds one tuner. Some of the posts by UG fanboys make me want to shower after reading them. If they simply disassociated themselves with the trash that surrounds them, intelligent consumers would give them a lot more consideration.

Good to have you back!

Good to be back. Now I can read the TTG area without feeling like I'm watching a Shamwow infoommercial. :lol:

That means nothing, honestly. We can make 2000+whp with the Supras as well, and have a dyno queen. We can also take it to the track, run one screaming time on a private track day and brag about it and blow it up 2 runs later, but the point is RELIABLE power. Their Vipers have had issues with reliability in a big way. I have three friends who have purchased UG Vipers and only one has been what I would call happy, and he broke a month back. Until they focus on reliable power and some of these cars hold together, I'll simply go on past reputation. Also, what do they modify? Vipers, Ford GT's, Gallardos. Wow, that sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? Why not get a GTR and start there? How about the new Caddy? Something, anything, that Jason didn't do first would add a ton of credibility. Now all that said, I agree with you in a BIG way that the people who come to bat for them generally come off as hillbilly rubes or bitter malcontents with ulterior motives. I loathe the way they present themselves and the people that associate with them. Never in all the years of actively being involved in modifying performance cars have a seen such a sleazy and slimy group that surrounds one tuner. Some of the posts by UG fanboys make me want to shower after reading them. If they simply disassociated themselves with the trash that surrounds them, intelligent consumers would give them a lot more consideration.

I'm not going to get into the whole "reliability" issue again, its a moot point. I have friends who have no had problems with their UG cars. The fact is that if their Lamborghini's indeed see thousands of troublefree miles, someone will bring up their character again. So really its a losing situation. As far as them not delving into cars such as the GTR, I cannot speak on their business ventures. But they do upgrades on cars other than those you mentioned. As I have said before, why reinvent the wheel? If there is a large Gallardo market, it would be foolish for any successful tuner not to look into it further. I too have had negative encounters with UG fanboys, but the fact that they build the fastest cars outweigh any groupie.

I'm not going to get into the whole "reliability" issue again, its a moot point. I have friends who have no had problems with their UG cars. The fact is that if their Lamborghini's indeed see thousands of troublefree miles, someone will bring up their character again. So really its a losing situation. As far as them not delving into cars such as the GTR, I cannot speak on their business ventures. But they do upgrades on cars other than those you mentioned. As I have said before, why reinvent the wheel? If there is a large Gallardo market, it would be foolish for any successful tuner not to look into it further. I too have had negative encounters with UG fanboys, but the fact that they build the fastest cars outweigh any groupie.

Once again, do you not think Jason could build a 2000hp Gallardo? UG could, Heffner could, SP Engineering could. It's not about being the fastest. Nitro cars are the fastest, but they blow up constantly, need to be gone over every run, etc......That to me, is a completely irrelevant point. We build these cars to be reliable and make tons of power. I could easily go Motec, change the throttle bodies, put on twin 80's, upgrade the fuel system and go make 2000awhp if I wanted to. I could put small brakes on the rear, slap on slicks, remove the front diff, drop a ton of weight and go run in the 7's with it. What does that prove? Nothing other than I had the will and the money to spend to make it happen. You keep bringing up the "fastest" as the most important thing. For drag racers, that is all that counts. For Lambo owners, it's a small part of the equation. I didn't build my TTG to be a 1/4 mile champion. I have other cars that are purpose built for that. I built the Gallardo to deliver safe, reliable, proven power over the long term and be wickedly fast. I didn't build it to be anything other than a massively fun, massively powerful STREET car that would hold together over the long term.

Now as for them copying all that Heffner does first.....that's pretty obvious. What I'm saying is if they expect to develop ANY type of credibility with the intelligent consumer then they need to at least present the illusion that they do more than follow the leader. I'm not saying they are incapable of building a quality car. I certainly wouldn't go that far, but when you simply follow the lead of the person you continually bash on, and recruit or encourage others to bash on, it looks very petty and unprofessional. I've honestly never experienced any other tuner who is surrounded by a bigger group of morons and bubbas. They would be wise to distance themselves from this group and simply let their work speak for itself. In time we might all grow to respect their work if all these cars hold together for the long term, but with the group of ding dongs that follow these guys around, most of us will just cringe when we hear the name Underground Racing, and that is a shame.

We build these cars to be reliable and make tons of power. I could easily go Motec, change the throttle bodies, put on twin 80's, upgrade the fuel system and go make 2000awhp if I wanted to. I could put small brakes on the rear, slap on slicks, remove the front diff, drop a ton of weight and go run in the 7's with it. What does that prove? Nothing other than I had the will and the money to spend to make it happen.

I agree, that would defeat the purpose. The #1 priority is reliability, followed closely by usability. Being the fastest after that would be the icing on the cake!

Now as for them copying all that Heffner does first.....

Come on man it's business. If someone is providing a good product and you know you can copy large parts of it, and make it "better" you would be a FOOL not to do it. The TT-G market has become pretty big now.

Look at YouTube. Were they the first ones with video on the net? NO. They copied that idea, and improved it by making it easier and making a better community out of the whole deal.

Same with Google, they were not the first search engine, they knew they could make a search engine that worked better. Investment banks, grocery stores, YOU name it, if it's successful be SURE someone is going to copy it/improve it. Being original in business gives you the head start. It doesn't mean you will finish first ;)

Let UGR prove their kit, and people can bash reliability all they want, but as of now their car hasn't even broken yet..(correct me if I'm wrong not 100% sure) so I don't get the reliability point. For all we know the G can handle 2000 AWHP just fine, but since the product has not been fully tested at it's limits we don't know where the "critical" point is.

Their Vipers have had issues with reliability in a big way. I have three friends who have purchased UG Vipers and only one has been what I would call happy, and he broke a month back.

How about backing this statement up! This is total BS! Please put this proof out there "in a big way" We have a 100% customer satisfaction rate.

If a car has ANY problems that we BUILT and TUNED we will pay for ANY damages! Guess what.. not one has had any problem "in a big way".

Until they focus on reliable power and some of these cars hold together, I'll simply go on past reputation. Also, what do they modify? Vipers, Ford GT's, Gallardos. Wow, that sounds pretty familiar doesn't it?

Question, who put twin turbo's on the Viper first? Not Jason... So did Jason copy the other tuner that did it first? Another smart comment!

We build these cars to be reliable and make tons of power. I could easily go Motec, change the throttle bodies, put on twin 80's, upgrade the fuel system and go make 2000awhp if I wanted to. I could put small brakes on the rear, slap on slicks, remove the front diff, drop a ton of weight and go run in the 7's with it. What does that prove? Nothing other than I had the will and the money to spend to make it happen.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

There was a guy on 6speed "BLWNGTS" that was complaining about his TT Viper from UG..

he started bashing and was later banned. maybe that was one of the cars that vegas se was talking about....

Some relationships are just not meant to be.This is one of them.

We have decided to part ways.

I don't want to see this turn into a bashing thread.

Come on guys, re read what the man said, in post number one. Let's not beat a dead horse!!

UGR, you have a couple of forums bought and paid for, so please go blow your horn over there. If you got something to show, like a race vid, pic thread, or something FUN, feel free to post here, but otherwise, STFU, we are sick and tired of the constant bickering. Same goes for the Heffner crowd; cut it out gents. This is finished.!!