second gear bump when cold

IlToro

I know this is an inherent problem with Ferrari's. Wondered if anybody else gets a little bump when shifting into 2 gear when cold. Both my AWD and 2WD Diablo's do it, so I just skip 2nd gear until warm.

I know this is an inherent problem with Ferrari's. Wondered if anybody else gets a little bump when shifting into 2 gear when cold. Both my AWD and 2WD Diablo's do it, so I just skip 2nd gear until warm.

I always 1st -3rd my Countach until warm. Before reaching the optimal operating temp. I also double clutch the downshifts by giving it a "blip" of gas going through neutral during the downshift. This will help the syncros in the gear box. I find the ZF transmission Countach QV (starting in the 1986 model year) much more precise than that of Diablos.

I had this on an 98 SV and another 6.0 that I had but not on my black car. The other two cars needed to get warmed up for the clunk to go away but the black 6.0 never does it cold or hot.

1-3 shift in EVERY car

2nd gear takes the most use and abuse, take it easy on it till its warm.

whether a Honda or Lambo no need to add any added abuse and wear