E55 AMGs

Gilligan740

I was browsing eBay Motors and was amused by how cheap cars are becoming in this terrible economy.

One that stuck out to me was the E55 AMG. I think its great that a car with a big V8 putting out 469hp can be had for under $35k! (MSRP new was over $88k)

An example:

http://tinyurl.com/8pbjkt

These seem like they would make a great daily driver with some power for the weekend. I can't wait to buy my next car.

The perfect car to sell in Russia, if you know what you are doing. Of course, the economy in Russia, took a huge downturn.

Somebody got cleaned out on that car. It has relatively low miles.

I was looking at a cheap Rolex today on Ebay. About 3 months ago there were may be half a dozen under 2k. Now, it is pages and pages. Great time to have cash!

You can get them for much less than $35k too. With some miles of course. I went and looked at one a couple weeks ago. If I could sell my C230 and not get raped, i'd try and get one

• 2 weeks later...
You can get them for much less than $35k too. With some miles of course. I went and looked at one a couple weeks ago. If I could sell my C230 and not get raped, i'd try and get one

Wait for the CLS55 AMG to come down a little more. Same motor, but looks 10x better than the E.

A buddy of mine picked up and 06 E55 a couple months for around 36k. Very clean with low mileage and still under warranty.

A buddy of mine picked up and 06 E55 a couple months for around 36k. Very clean with low mileage and still under warranty.

Wow, that sounds like a great deal!!!

That's a lot of car for the buck. Does anyone know if KBB nada edmunds etc. actually reflect CURRENT market value? I'm wondering how much to offer on an '06 330i... and all of the above say $27 and that's where it's priced. I'm thinking of starting with $23k. It is such a great time to pick something up!