6.0 help needed

Ecnal

The other day I went to adjust my climate control, and when I pushed the fan button on the lower console, the whole control unit (under the radio) kinda sunk back inside the dash. Now the unit is stuck on high, cold, defrost!

I assume there is some way to remove that part of the lower dash, or maybe take out the radio and get to it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I would like to be able to tell my mechanics how to go about fixing this. Thanks!

The other day I went to adjust my climate control, and when I pushed the fan button on the lower console, the whole control unit (under the radio) kinda sunk back inside the dash. Now the unit is stuck on high, cold, defrost!

I assume there is some way to remove that part of the lower dash, or maybe take out the radio and get to it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I would like to be able to tell my mechanics how to go about fixing this. Thanks!

Try this first.... this won't bring you to the front bezel but at least you can try to push the unit back up.

Remove passenger carpet

Remove panel in the front left

Removal is simple since everything is held in place with velcro.

This will provide access to the wiring in the back of the radion and climate control.

It will take some fiddling around but if you stick your hand in you should be able to feel where the climate control unit is located and gently push it back up.

The a/c control screews in place to the carbon piece. There are three threeded inserts that are glued with epoxy to the carbon. I have seen many come loose you must remove the piece of carbon (tabs that bend over) then grind off old glue position & use a good epoxy to glue the

inserts in place let dry & remount a/c push button assembly & reinstall carbon. Tabs that hold it in place are a little hard to get to.

The a/c control screews in place to the carbon piece. There are three threeded inserts that are glued with epoxy to the carbon. I have seen many come loose you must remove the piece of carbon (tabs that bend over) then grind off old glue position & use a good epoxy to glue the

inserts in place let dry & remount a/c push button assembly & reinstall carbon. Tabs that hold it in place are a little hard to get to.

My climate control is partially sunk in, I had the same thing happen with my speedo and fuel gauge, the way that lambo attached these parts to the CF dash parts is REALLY kit car-ish.

yes they are truly hand built. I have seen both happen to many 6.0. The worst tho is when the tabs that fold over to hold carbon in place brakes, then you must make a new tabe. This is what happens when you have very low production #.

Thanks for the help (and the congrats)! I do have another stupid question: How do you remove the tabbed bezel piece? From the front, by prying?

Just reach up and bend over with your fingers, you can remove the radio and or the r/side center consol carpet. To remove radio remove the outer bezal and on both sides there are small clips then radio pulls out. The carpet panel is held in with small screews hid in carpet and

bottom edge.