Oem gallardo clutch? TF much money for standard

mambo-lambo

WTF are these gallardo clutches so expensive compared to my ferrari 360? Does someone make an OEM? I could get one machined and bespoke made for the same money.

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partsListing.a...amp;ID4=1128028

NEW

To Order

£2,588.38

Approx €3,031

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/partsListing.a...amp;ID4=1659035

NEW

To Order

£488.00

Approx €571

If anyone knows please post. If there is not one I will start manufacturing them and sell them for half price.

Description COMPLETE CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL GALLARDO

COMPLETE FLYWHEEL ASS.

Ass is the right word. Come on it is just a hunk of metal. How about a rebild with kevlar? Is that possible?

As long as all the other parts are ok I have gone with rebuilt...This place rebuilt my old ferrari ones in kevlar, and I know you can check out some of the people that used them on f chat. and when my G goes Ill see if they can do the same..the last kevlar one they did for around $700.00...

http://www.hrclutch.com/High_Performance_Clutches.html

As long as all the other parts are ok I have gone with rebuilt...This place rebuilt my old ferrari ones in kevlar, and I know you can check out some of the people that used them on f chat. and when my G goes Ill see if they can do the same..the last kevlar one they did for around $700.00...

http://www.hrclutch.com/High_Performance_Clutches.html

Thanks. How long did it take?

$4481.87

Just an expensive piece -- but the Gallardo clutch has to withstand AWD launches and much more horsepower then the wimpy 360 does ;)

+2 :eusa_dance:

Ditto on the "how long" question as well as how long is it expected to live? If the expected life is greater than 20k miles then maybe it's worth it.

Rebuilds on this cars have cause some strange issues on egear cars. I have seen some car buck a lot more as well as the clutch seemed to wear sooner with rebuild. Possible the fingers on the presure plate causing the issue.

"Rebuilds on this cars have cause some strange issues on egear cars. I have seen some car buck a lot more as well as the clutch seemed to wear sooner with rebuild. Possible the fingers on the presure plate causing the issue."

The turn around time is pretty fast, send them an email, they can expedite. I have friends that replaced their 360's with these guys and they worked good, and the e gear system/ferrari is pretty much the same as a Gallardo, except for the software? same pump, actuators etc? , but you are correct, if there is wear on the pressure plate springs that may cause issues, that is why I stated above to make sure everything is ok I know I am going to do it if everything is ok with my old pressure plate, springs etc...

"Rebuilds on this cars have cause some strange issues on egear cars. I have seen some car buck a lot more as well as the clutch seemed to wear sooner with rebuild. Possible the fingers on the presure plate causing the issue."

The turn around time is pretty fast, send them an email, they can expedite. I have friends that replaced their 360's with these guys and they worked good, and the e gear system/ferrari is pretty much the same as a Gallardo, except for the software? same pump, actuators etc? , but you are correct, if there is wear on the pressure plate springs that may cause issues, that is why I stated above to make sure everything is ok I know I am going to do it if everything is ok with my old pressure plate, springs etc...

The system is pretty much the same from a Ferarri to a Lambo.

The pressure plate will have heat issues. This is why in most cases whena car needs a clutch the pressure plave and disc are replaced toghter. The flywheel is a differnt issue. This can be machined on the surface. The pressue place can as well, but the fingers on it can not be. this can cause the issue with engagement and disengagement due to pressure from the pressure plate. Also has the finger heat soke the metel becomes more brital. This can cause a problem.

I am sure there are people who are having luck with rebuilds. I just would not take the chance onhaving to save a little money and have to replace the clutch twice as fast or get half the life out of the rebuild clutch and have to have the clutch pack replaced due to the pressure plate. This means I have to pay fo labor twice to have the clutch done vs. having a factory clutch installed and having a better idea of how long the clutch will last. Also with the new clutch packs they seem to be lasting longer for the most part.

The other option is to go with the 06 manuel clutch. This last much longer. the problem is that if you putthis in a 04 05 it is recommended that you get updated rear half shafts. This is for the fact that the design was change on how the half shaft are made. The old style can break to the the 06 clutch pack grabing more,less slipping of the clutch. This isalo the clutch that the tt guys are using.

My .02 on the issue. Hope this helps.

The Gallardo is a twin disc set up, while the 360 is single. The twin disc requires less "throw", which will allow quicker shifts.

Perhaps see if there is any crossover with some other Audi product there in Europe.

I am not sure of the truth in this one,but a gentleman from europe told me the Carrera GT has the same setup as the Audi TDI race car and the clutch assy. was 1/3 the price.

The Gallardo is a twin disc set up, while the 360 is single. The twin disc requires less "throw", which will allow quicker shifts.

Perhaps see if there is any crossover with some other Audi product there in Europe.

I am not sure of the truth in this one,but a gentleman from europe told me the Carrera GT has the same setup as the Audi TDI race car and the clutch assy. was 1/3 the price.

Interesting, I was thinking of looking at audi clutches actually. I know the gallardo shares interior parts with the A4. If anyone knows let the cat out of the bag :)

This all started for me when I burst a hose in my ferrari and they wanted 800 euros for it. The thing was just high pressure hosing with standard banjo connectors. I got one made for 60 euros. As you can see more than 1000% mark up.

Also quite often parts are manufactured for other cars but ferrari put 1000% on and call it a "genuine ferrari part" with a bosch part insert in it :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Gallardos are single disc clutch not twin. At least all the ones I've done are.

All Gallardo clutches are twin disc. The discs and a mid plate are built into the presure plate and come with a flywheel they are balanced as a unit. Lambo has updated the clutch many times clutch group F is the newest they started at C by the time the cars got to US. As the clutches were updated the dealers install new soft wear for the e-gear ecu and the engine (LIE) ecus. This allows the e-gear and the elec.throttle bodys to work with the new clutch for best opertion. If you use carbon exp. with e-gear it will not work near as well with the programs in the ecus.

Yes you are right. I had my head up my ass once again. Not sure what I was thinking. And I just did a clutch this week. I need a vacation! Sorry for the post.

Mike

Man I feel really bad. Brain I want to apoloigize to you. Again not sure why I said that.

Man I feel really bad. Brain I want to apoloigize to you. Again not sure why I said that.

Hey Mike,

What's a clutch going to cost me if I bring mine down for you?

Anyone tried Heffner's HD clutch on stock G? They are quoted at US$3000. If so, how does it compare in operation?

Also, does the entire clutch system have to be replaced or just the plate when the plates wear off? Or am I talking a load of shit here? Would appreciate some real education on this.

Anyone tried Heffner's HD clutch on stock G? They are quoted at US$3000. If so, how does it compare in operation?

Also, does the entire clutch system have to be replaced or just the plate when the plates wear off? Or am I talking a load of shit here? Would appreciate some real education on this.

Not sure what Heffner's is using, but the first TT had a 3 disc carbin clutch that did not last to long. I installed the 06 manual clutch pak in the TT and the owner as far as I know, he did not have any problems with that clutch pak. It is recommend to up date the rear half shaft if the car is an 04-05. The new half shfts are stronger.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old tread.

I am having the old egear switched out of my G soon, and I wanted to send the old one to a place for a rebuild via the Kevlar route, anyone have any new sources?

The guys at HR Clutch keep asking me if I can dis-assemble the egear and have the separate parts sent, so I am at little weary of going that route - thanks!