What should I look out for in a 94 VT?

SFchallenge

Hi guys, I'm looking @ a 1994 gold + beige Diablo VT with less than 5K miles on it. Body's good with some rust creeping on door edges & outside, bottom of windscreen. I have the VIN nos. It's getting a Larini exhaust fitted by the owner.

The problem is the clutch. It's so heavy that I wonder how do you guys drive it daily or in traffic? Does it have ABS & power steering? Sorry, few guys know about this car over here & they don't even know that it's a 4WD!

May I know if there's anything I can do to lighten the clutch & what should I look out for in this model. How's the maintenance as well?

Thanks!

Hi guys, I'm looking @ a 1994 gold + beige Diablo VT with less than 5K miles on it. Body's good with some rust creeping on door edges & outside, bottom of windscreen. I have the VIN nos. It's getting a Larini exhaust fitted by the owner.

The problem is the clutch. It's so heavy that I wonder how do you guys drive it daily or in traffic? Does it have ABS & power steering? Sorry, few guys know about this car over here & they don't even know that it's a 4WD!

May I know if there's anything I can do to lighten the clutch & what should I look out for in this model. How's the maintenance as well?

Thanks!

Jon, whose car is this? I heard there was one running around but never got to seeing it

Jon, whose car is this? I heard there was one running around but never got to seeing it

Hi Sam, I heard it's ex-Brunei. Seen it a few times @ Hongseh before but it wasn't for sale then. It was hardly ever driven but always maintained & recently changed hands twice. It's with a dealer now. We haven't discussed about price yet but the clutch is seriously heavy & very progressive. You won't be able to do fast gear changes.

your clutch should not be so heavy.

The early Diablo are notorious for having the dreaded "heavy" feeling clutch. I find it depends on the car. On the two I have owned the clutch has been pretty light, where I know of one clutch that is like pumping 200 lb weight.

With your model year, the clutches were redesigned. There might be more to your clutch than just feel.

My 91 was "stupid heavy". My left calf was bigger than my right.

When they redesigned the clutch fork rod at the factory to lighten the pedal pressure (somewhere around 1994), those are the forks that kept breaking. If that was the year they changed them, be sure you have the aftermarket upgrade fork rod. A few years ago it was a common topic here. I haven't seen much discussion about it recently though.