LP-560 error code

09-LP560

09-LP560,

Did you let you car park during Winter? When was your last time that you've taken it out? On the original G, if moisture built up in the throttle bodies and the car had not been driven for a while, the dried-up moisture contaminates them and that would trigger an error code. Don't know if this applies to the LP560 or whether TO cars have had this problem but out in the West coast this is fairly common. If so, you'll need a new part in the throttle bodies.

It was stored in a heated garage all winter.

However the 2 fuel pumps have been replaced already after being stored, and the codes keep coming up.

The dealer just sent a flatbed enclosed to pick it up this morning to have another look at it.

Anyone advise on the standard procedure and what if anything Lamborghini Spa will do in cases like this. They have tried fixing already 2x with no luck.

If they still cannot fix the car do they replace or do they keep trying? 1st lambo so not sure what to expect in a case like this.

You've told us about the bank warnings but what are the codes it's throwing?

My car was throwing the same warnings, and it coded for a couple of small EVAP leaks.

Believe it or not, it was the spark plugs. They were installed finger tight. I put 15-20 ft/lbs on them each and the codes never came back!!!!!

It was stored in a heated garage all winter.

However the 2 fuel pumps have been replaced already after being stored, and the codes keep coming up.

The dealer just sent a flatbed enclosed to pick it up this morning to have another look at it.

Anyone advise on the standard procedure and what if anything Lamborghini Spa will do in cases like this. They have tried fixing already 2x with no luck.

If they still cannot fix the car do they replace or do they keep trying? 1st lambo so not sure what to expect in a case like this.

I would ask the dealer to check for moisture contamination/damage. And so long as you didn't do anything that's too out of line (a computer read-out shows most of your driving habits), both Lambo Toronto & Lambo SpA will look after you. Guys at Lambo Toronto are class act; so no worries.

I would ask the dealer to check for moisture contamination/damage. And so long as you didn't do anything that's too out of line (a computer read-out shows most of your driving habits), both Lambo Toronto & Lambo SpA will look after you. Guys at Lambo Toronto are class act; so no worries.

I have emailed Lamborghini Toronto everyones thoughts to check into everything. I am sure they know what they are doing but its always good to try things they may have missed or did not think of. The dealership here has been very accomodating however it is a 45 minute drive with no traffic to bring the car in each time and its a real hassle. (they did in fact send a enclosed trailer to get it today which was nice of them.

I know they have run the diagnostic checks on the car several times now but get nothing.

One time the error code that came up on their computer was not even listed with a fix so the emailed Lamborghini Spa corporate to look into.

Any other feedback would be appreciated and I hope that no-one else is running into the same issues with their LP560-4. I will keep everyone posted on the outcome of the fixes as they come.

Here is the latest email from my dealer. A list of the error codes and issues that have been found.

The factory was closed yesterday and I called my rep at home to discuss this problem, we followed up this morning with the factory after following the instructions our rep gave us and here are the notes I sent to the factory after our tests. “PREFORMED LARA AND FOUND ERROR CODES ON ENGINE ELECTRONICS 1 - P119A AND P1923. ON ELECTRONICS 2 - FOUNDS ERRORS P119B, P0175, P0300, P0301, P0303 AND P0305. ERASED CODES STARTED CAR WITH 2 MINUTES OF IDLE ERROR CODE P119A APPEARED, ERASED CODE WHILE DRIVING, CODE STAYED OFF WHILE UNDER LOAD, AT HIGHER RPM S 6000 AND UP MISFIRE ERROR CODES APPEARED FROM P0300-P0305 AS WELL AS POPING NOISES FROM EXHUAST AND LOSS OF POWER. CHECKED FUEL PRESSURE WHILE DRIVING UNDER CHANNEL 106 PRESSURE VARIED FROM 8-11 BAR (SYSTEM TO BE AT MIN 20-120 BAR), WHEN STOPPED CAR FUEL PRESSURE DROPPED TO 6.5 BAR, LIGHT TURNED ON AND CAR HAD NO POWER. TURNED OFF CAR AND RESTARTED (LONG CRANKING PERIOD) AND CAR STARTED AT 20 BAR AND IMEDIATELY DROPPED TO 6.5 BAR AND TURNED ON LIGHT”.

Here are the answers to those questions from Lambopower members.

1. It would not trigger a fuel pressure code if the throttle bodies where and issue.

2. There is no problem with the EVAP, that was not the code that appeared, completely different issue.

3. MY04-08 do not use the same throttle bodies, 04-07 use the same throttle bodies and the 08 uses a different throttle body and an ETB to control the throttle bodies. MY09 is a completely different system than the previous two.

So...... your dealer/factory have determined that you have a "Fuel Pressure Problem" -- correct ?? I hope they resolve this and you keep us informed on their progress. How many miles are on your LP560 ?

Just in case, I am curious --- does Canada have a 'lemon law' ?? Because sometimes this kind of crap just drags on.

Best of luck 09-LP560.

So...... your dealer/factory have determined that you have a "Fuel Pressure Problem" -- correct ?? I hope they resolve this and you keep us informed on their progress. How many miles are on your LP560 ?

Just in case, I am curious --- does Canada have a 'lemon law' ?? Because sometimes this kind of crap just drags on.

Best of luck 09-LP560.

I have just over 5K on the car had the car since Aug / Sept of 08. put probably 3500K alone on the track last year.

Not sure if we have that lemon law never had a car do this to me.

I will keep everyone posted as to the fixes and issues as they come up.

MISFIRE ERROR CODES APPEARED FROM P0300-P0305 AS WELL AS POPING NOISES FROM EXHUAST AND LOSS OF POWER.

I was getting P300-305 as well, but not the others.

This is the perfect time to race! I could prove my car is just as fast if not faster than the LP.

Good luck with the fix buddy. Id say you are about halfway through the process of getting this resolved. Your car is brand new, so Lamborghini Factory will definitely not leave you hanging.

Just dont expect a quick resolution if the problem persists. Patience is the key. It took me forever to get my engine replaced on my first Gallardo. I paid nothing out of pocket, but the lengthy process made me wish i could just pay and get the issue resolved. In the end though, car was back on the road and ballistic as ever.

Cheers

So the latest news on the LPs problems is there may have been a bad batch of fuel pumps.

They are replacing both fuel pumps again as the left bank one was faulty within one week of being replaced and installed.

I should have the car back within a week we are waiting on the new pumps to arrive.

Apparently S.P.a asked for the serial numbers on the faulty pumps and they are sending a new serial batch.

I'll cross my fingers as the weather is finally getting nice around hear.

I hope that sorts it out - sounds like you've been pretty patient for the car being out of action for so long.

So the latest news on the LPs problems is there may have been a bad batch of fuel pumps.

They are replacing both fuel pumps again as the left bank one was faulty within one week of being replaced and installed.

I should have the car back within a week we are waiting on the new pumps to arrive.

Apparently S.P.a asked for the serial numbers on the faulty pumps and they are sending a new serial batch.

I'll cross my fingers as the weather is finally getting nice around hear.

I hope that sorts it out - sounds like you've been pretty patient for the car being out of action for so long.

I am trying to be patient. It is hard because the nice weather is now here and I am without my car.

Hopefully they get it fixed...soon

I am trying to be patient. It is hard because the nice weather is now here and I am without my car.

Thanks for sharing your experiances with the board. Great info. I hope they sort out things real soon, it is a shame these issues can not shorted out before this weekend for good... Great weather Friday to Monday...sunny and 25 C :icon_super:

Ok the car is back on the road. The dealer here replaced both left and right bank fuel pumps.

The found the Right pump leaking fuel at the seal (only 3 week old pump)

They erased all the error codes and started the engine.

ran diagnostic on the fuel pressure and I am getting above 20 now.

prior to the fix I was only getting 8 - 11 bar.

Here is my question. Should I give the car time before running hard or is it ok to let it out and make sure all is ok?

Glad to hear it's back - personally I would ask my Lambo tech about that. It's under warranty and they will advise you to the best way to enjoy the car immediately without risking warranty void.

cheers

g

Ok the car is back on the road. The dealer here replaced both left and right bank fuel pumps.

The found the Right pump leaking fuel at the seal (only 3 week old pump)

They erased all the error codes and started the engine.

ran diagnostic on the fuel pressure and I am getting above 20 now.

prior to the fix I was only getting 8 - 11 bar.

Here is my question. Should I give the car time before running hard or is it ok to let it out and make sure all is ok?

Romp on it !! It's under warranty; any ancillary problems that occur will be Lamborghini's worry. Now is the time to find out if they fixed it; not after your warranty is gone. :)

Romp on it !! It's under warranty; any ancillary problems that occur will be Lamborghini's worry. Now is the time to find out if they fixed it; not after your warranty is gone. :)

:iamwithstupid:

Do at least 100 power launches! Then report back, with pics of the mess :icon_mrgreen:

sounds good.

I will try and get some video of me problem is here in canada we have a street racing law now and anytime you are caught going over 50 km over the speed limit they take the car for 7 days and then most likely loose your license for 1yr and the insurance goes thru the roof.

I will try and get it to the track in Toronto one day.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys,

Sorry to bump an old thread but it's the only one i could find referencing an EPC issue.

Tonight on my way home from the office the car suddenly had an EPC warning and provided a warning not to rev above 6000 rpm. The car was recently serviced, all fuel levels are topped up and it's used daily. Anyone hear anything further on the issue? It happened 15 minutes into my 20 minute drive home and the car certainly felt strange, it didn't feel stable upon acceleration. I got home, turned the engine off, let it sit for a moment and turned it back on. The headlights wouldn't turn on which was interesting. I then left it for another 10 mins and everything seemed to be ok.

Thankfully the main service centre for Lamborghini London is only 10 minutes away from my office but i'm curious as i couldn't find anything pertaining to the issue in the manual just now.

My car for reference is a 2011 LP560-4.

Thanks in advance...