Connecting Rods?

the5th

I believe I have my info straight, but just wanted to double check. Just out of curiosity is all, but titanium connecting rods first appreared in the GT and carried over into the 6.0, and were not used in models earlier than that including the SV right?

(dont know about the SE and Jota models, those special animals are even harder to find concrete info on through the internet)

I can't say for the GT, never been into one, but no other lambo engines use titanium rods. The Murci uses a h beam rod that is very light and looks like titanium but is not. Made by Pacall industries. (not sure I spelled that correctly)

All the others are a fordged I beam steel rod.

I can't say for the GT, never been into one, but no other lambo engines use titanium rods. The Murci uses a h beam rod that is very light and looks like titanium but is not. Made by Pacall industries. (not sure I spelled that correctly)

All the others are a fordged I beam steel rod.

you mean www.pacal.com ?

I checked today, correction to the rod manufacturer name. Pankl (pronounced pankel) indutries

Pankl is a big player in the hi end engine parts game. They do a lot of F1 stuff. Carrillo rods, CP pistons, just to name a couple. The rods in the Murci are a beautiful piece. I have one that hangs on my assembly room wall. It had slight damage to it from a murci engine that lost its stuffings. I'll take a pic sometime. I'm doing some research on the 6.0 rods, which started this thread. I know they were suppossed to have titanium rods, but I don't think they did. I've only had 1 6.0 engine apart and it did not have titanium rods. It had the same h-beam rod the murci uses. (not sure if exact same dimentions, just same style) Its possible some or most 6.0's had titanium. I will find out.

Pankl is a big player in the hi end engine parts game. They do a lot of F1 stuff. Carrillo rods, CP pistons, just to name a couple. The rods in the Murci are a beautiful piece. I have one that hangs on my assembly room wall. It had slight damage to it from a murci engine that lost its stuffings. I'll take a pic sometime. I'm doing some research on the 6.0 rods, which started this thread. I know they were suppossed to have titanium rods, but I don't think they did. I've only had 1 6.0 engine apart and it did not have titanium rods. It had the same h-beam rod the murci uses. (not sure if exact same dimentions, just same style) Its possible some or most 6.0's had titanium. I will find out.

thats very interesting. please post what you find out, im very curious. so the murci uses steel h beams? as does earlier diablos as well? ive never heard of carrillo before, but it sounds like they are a good manufacturer. ill admit to being a little disappointed when i learned diablos up to and including the sv didnt use titanium rods, but if the murci doesnt use them then maybe they arent all they are cracked up to be?

The Diablo 6.0 do use Titanium rods, i have 12 of them stashed away, they are the most expensive connecting rod Lamborghini ever made. Hopefully you will not need new rod bolts, if so, scrap the rods and get Carello to make you some new H beam roads, Lamborghini will only sell rod bolts with the rods & @ $12k + for the set.

Thats interesting. Are the titanium 6.0 rods h-beam? The only 6.0 engine I've been in the lower end on definitly had steel rods, h-beam. I know that all 5.7 diablo eng had steel I beam rods. (just had a my99 apart). Now the 6.0 i rebuilt had been apart before, so posssibly the rods had already been changed, it was a rocky history of the car anyway. I also know the Murci rods are stuip money also. I only had to buy 4 and I think they were in the neighborhood of $1200 ea.

The 6.0 motor you tore apart, was it the fire damaged car from AZ?

All 6.0 cars used TI rods, if you have steel, then they must be from a STD Murcielago, i will check my records Monday, but' i'm thinking the rod length is the same as the Diablo 6.0, as for certain, the Murcielago uses the same pistins as the 6.0, it was the crank stroke that was chnaged to increase the displacement from 6.0 - 6.2

The 6.0 motor you tore apart, was it the fire damaged car from AZ?

That engine is on ebay right now.

Could you please weight the rod when you take pics? thanks.

The Diablo 6.0 do use Titanium rods, i have 12 of them stashed away, they are the most expensive connecting rod Lamborghini ever made. Hopefully you will not need new rod bolts, if so, scrap the rods and get Carello to make you some new H beam roads, Lamborghini will only sell rod bolts with the rods & @ $12k + for the set.

You can't get them from ARP?

You can't get them from ARP?

Sure you can. in fact i sent them the Lamborghini Rods, they wanted $5000.00 to make a batch, enough to do 10 motors. The tooling costs were way too expensive. I went with Carello rods and they came with new bolts, cost was less than $2000.00 for the set.