Bentley Reliability ???

UTCOBRAS

How are the Bentley's for reliability and durability? I am talking about the Conti GT and Conti Flying Spur cars.

How do they compare reliability wise to say an S-class Benz or a BMW 7 series? Are they good as daily drivers?

Someone was asking and as the resident car guy I have no real world advice. Any feedback is appreciated.

Seems like a good time to buy but the closest dealer is 350 miles away. Lots of low mile pristine cars for the price of a new AMG S Class.

the gt and the flying spur are prety reliable.. seeing as they are based on the VW pheaton.. good daily drivers... mt self i own a arnage and thats anouther story.. the arnages are good as long as they dont sit, the more you use them the better they are.... my car is the arnage T, but i have family member who has the others and use them as they would a merc or bmw..

^Agreed. Like most, if not all, British "classic cars", the Arnage needs to be driven and not on short distances. Short trips kill these cars; they need a work out as often as possible.

CGT, FS & GTC are quite reliable thanks to their German DNA I guess. But I have seen two over the course of four years where a Bentley tech literally had to take out the entire interior down to the frame to trace electrical problems --- something, again, not new or surprising from British cars. But compare to the former 100% British-owned Crewe days, I would consider the new Bentely's to have excellent reliability.

The Bentley CGT I owned had some small issues. The navi unit malfunctioned from time to time. The passenger seat massager crapped out. The tire pressure monitor software often would throw a code. And here's a hilarious one, and by hilarious I mean fcuking irritating: the dipstick broke and instead of just selling me a single dipstick they told me I had to buy the entire dipstick assembly and have it installed at the dealership. I sold the car instead.

Loved the car however there were some issues.

The Bentley CGT I owned had some small issues. The navi unit malfunctioned from time to time. The passenger seat massager crapped out. The tire pressure monitor software often would throw a code. And here's a hilarious one, and by hilarious I mean fcuking irritating: the dipstick broke and instead of just selling me a single dipstick they told me I had to buy the entire dipstick assembly and have it installed at the dealership. I sold the car instead.

Loved the car however there were some issues.

Porter,

Was the car under warranty and do you think an extended warranty a must have? I was told they run about 3k a year and that is only for 2 years max.

Porter,

Was the car under warranty and do you think an extended warranty a must have? I was told they run about 3k a year and that is only for 2 years max.

The car was past warranty. I think an extended warranty would be a reasonable safety net if the terms of the paper were fair.

When a car begins to nickel and dime I always dump it and I recall that with the CGT I loved it however it was starting to spend a lot of time in the shop. Rulambru had a BCGT convert and it too had some issues (battery, top folding mechanism, etc.). I'll see if I can get him to comment if he can tear his lips away from his boyfriend's taint for a few seconds.

I spoke to Rob Ferretti from Gotham Dream cars.. He said while all the other cars are in the shop constantly.. the bentleys keep going and going...