Jerky shifts around town

JohnLP560

Yesterday I took my SL out for a spin, and I started to noticed that the shifts around 3k rpms were jerky around town. Regular mode and sport mode. Sometimes it will be perfectly smooth and other times the car bucks a bit. I took her on the highway for a high speed run and everything worked fine there!! Just around town it was a bit jerky, this happens 50/50. Is there something wrong with my car or do I just need to drive it faster??

Yesterday I took my SL out for a spin, and I started to noticed that the shifts around 3k rpms were jerky around town. Regular mode and sport mode. Sometimes it will be perfectly smooth and other times the car bucks a bit. I took her on the highway for a high speed run and everything worked fine there!! Just around town it was a bit jerky, this happens 50/50. Is there something wrong with my car or do I just need to drive it faster??

The e-gear will shift different depending on how much throttle you give it. If you have light throttle will be softer more and its shifts faster. For normal driving try just slight lift on the throttle just as you pull the shift leaver and it should be very soft almost wont feel it. Dont lift at all or give it more and it should shift firm and fast.

Jerky or just a louder clunk sound?

Doesn't sound right.

Maybe it's time to change the gear and differential oils? Make sure you use 70w75 for the gear and rear diff.

Jefflambo, your thoughts?

Jerky or just a louder clunk sound?

Doesn't sound right.

Maybe it's time to change the gear and differential oils? Make sure you use 70w75 for the gear and rear diff.

Jefflambo, your thoughts?

For starters it sound like it is a new car for John so prob low miles or had a service before he got it. His join date is very new.Without more info hard to sat but my guess is normal or has not learned how do drive the e-gear yet. Thats why I offered some driving tips first. It only dose it half the time so it could be some times he lifts on the gas a shift point it will be soft he dose not lift it will be firm.

Yes, definitely a new car for me. Had it for 3 weeks, never really noticed a jerky shift until recently, but I will take the car out today and really monitor my driving. The transmission does make a clunk at low rpm shifts, but I've been told by the service tech that was normal.

For starters it sound like it is a new car for John so prob low miles or had a service before he got it. His join date is very new.Without more info hard to sat but my guess is normal or has not learned how do drive the e-gear yet. Thats why I offered some driving tips first. It only dose it half the time so it could be some times he lifts on the gas a shift point it will be soft he dose not lift it will be firm.

New for you, but what's the mileage when you took delivery.

The "clunk" is normal. The jerk..... ??? Try out Jefflambo's suggestion and let us know.

• 2 months later...

I think it's normal for the Superleggera and Jeff's pointer definitely helps. Thanks Jeff! However, I don't think it's the same experience in a LP560. Are there anyway to fix this issue permanently Jeff? Except getting the new LP560-4 obviously! Thanks again for your help Jeff!